Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
^ This.

Mesh is great – for filtering. As rendered above the Sidearm is now just a frame with screen doors. I choose to put components into a case for protection and noise isolation; it appears the base model will accomplish neither well.

What's going on, is the CNC making it difficult to hit the price point? Put me down as waiting for real side panels, thanks.

My take? He is having QA problems with the side panels at the hole size & pattern that he is aiming for; delays with I/O and other problems with colours. And thus a base model with mesh, in black, and without I/O.

JayRello

Caliper Novice
Jul 1, 2019
I'm fine with the base model because I prefer black anyways. I'm fine with the mesh also. If their will be upgrades for windowed panels at purchase or in the future I'm in on that too. I just want a cool looking sff case that's compact, 3 slots, and has room for a 240mm rad. This is it!

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
It would be wonderful to get any version this year, but did I read right that this year there would only be very very few available?

Reactions: PBJ

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
If I can get the base model this year, but have an upgrade kit of some sort to get the more premium aluminum side panels, I'd be fine with that.

Reactions: PBJ

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@chyll2 @chinyang @Wildmongoose @Metroversal @Brude27 @JayRello @sffman @prava @PBJ @GerryMz @Beardedswede @Bonusround @schn1tt3r @Navic

This is the current *plan, things happens, so can't promise
Year 2019:
- $200 Black *base version, Ultrafine Mesh Side Panels, NO I/O, August 2019 if Quality Control perfect, most likely September 2019
- $240 Two Tone Version, Tempered Glass Side Panel (SFX fan facing inside the case), I/O, December 2019

Year 2020:
- Silver Aluminum Side Panels with holes
- Black Aluminum Side panels with holes
- Silver Ultrafine Mesh Side Panels
- Black I/O Front Lid for Black *base version
- Silver NO I/O Front Lid for Two Tone version

Some of you will notice that the Two Tone version with TG Side Panels should make temperature worse, and you will be correct. This is why I added 240x25mm thick radiator support so you can still get <85C with TG keeping CPU OC < 160W. For those of you that want to mix different Side Panels types, you can in 2020.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I like the mesh idea, I didn't see the indent while I was on the phone. I wish it was all flat, on both sides.

I’m concerned about the strength of the mesh side panels. I do like how they look with the black version, but the case first appealed to me because of the thick CNC aluminum. It looks like a very structurally strong case but the mesh probably won’t protect the components as well as aluminum. Also as prava indicated above, it breaks from the design a bit.

I would be concerned about the strength of the mesh protecting my hardware.

Mesh is great – for filtering. As rendered above the Sidearm is now just a frame with screen doors. I choose to put components into a case for protection and noise isolation; it appears the base model will accomplish neither well.

What's going on, is the CNC making it difficult to hit the price point? Put me down as waiting for real side panels, thanks.

The Ultrafine Mesh is made of 1mm steel. The indent is die stamped to give it more strength. While it will not be as stiff as the rest of the CNC case, we expect it to be comparable to 2mm Aluminum Side Panels. 1mm steel is pretty strong, the weight is equivalent to 3mm thick aluminum, and it's die stamped to reduce flex.

How are they attached? magnet? screws? Easy to pop them off and blow off the dust? and still able align it back into place?

The Side Panels are slotted in like the image below:

I think I see a frame on the inside of the mesh? Is it translucent?

One of the reasons we chose mesh is due to it's semi-transparent property. This allows people to see parts of their components - GPU, Mobo, SFX.

The extra airflow is obviously a plus for people on air cooling.

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
After the long long wait for C4, to see this coming into production soon is really exciting news ?
Just cant wait to get one no matter what the variant is

Reactions: mfgillia

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
@chyll2 @chinyang @Wildmongoose @Metroversal @Brude27 @JayRello @sffman @prava @PBJ @GerryMz @Beardedswede @Bonusround @schn1tt3r @Navic

Year 2019:
- $200 Black *base version, Ultrafine Mesh Side Panels, NO I/O, August 2019 if Quality Control perfect, most likely September 2019
- $240 Two Tone Version, Tempered Glass Side Panel (SFX fan facing inside the case), I/O, December 2019

Year 2020:

Some of you will notice that the Two Tone version with TG Side Panels should make temperature worse, and you will be correct. This is why I added 240x25mm thick radiator support so you can still get <85C with TG keeping CPU OC < 160W. For those of you that want to mix different Side Panels types, you can in 2020.

Great things coming in 2020, going to wait until then to get a case, not interested in TG panels.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
So, is the eisbear 240 the only 240 AIO that will fit? I've tried searching everywhere, but it's not available in USA stores.

thobart

Cable Smoosher
New User
Mar 15, 2019
So, is the eisbear 240 the only 240 AIO that will fit? I've tried searching everywhere, but it's not available in USA stores.
I am in US and tried buying through Grooves. Arrived in a few weeks and works flawlessly.

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017

I bought mine from Overclockers UK, they ship to the US and very quickly. Was 3 buisness days to California.

Year 2019:

Year 2020:

Oh man, that feeling when I prefer the no I/O of the Black, but prefer the look of the Two Tone. Mostly indefferent of the panels since I'd ideally buy all the variations(if that's an option). I think I'm leaning towards two tone since I already have a Black Ncase, Black Ghost S1, and Black SG13, but it feels weird having to buy a new front panel if that even becomes an option. First world problems haha. I assume I can at least remove all the cables and hardware associated with the I/O of the two tone even if it leaves holes in the fame?

Reactions: schn1tt3r

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Can the SFX fan be oriented towards the side panel, or is the position fixed facing inside the case?

I know it was mentioned previously it could be oriented both ways, but want to know if its changed.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I bought mine from Overclockers UK, they ship to the US and very quickly. Was 3 buisness days to California.

Oh man, that feeling when I prefer the no I/O of the Black, but prefer the look of the Two Tone. Mostly indefferent of the panels since I'd ideally buy all the variations(if that's an option). I think I'm leaning towards two tone since I already have a Black Ncase, Black Ghost S1, and Black SG13, but it feels weird having to buy a new front panel if that even becomes an option. First world problems haha. I assume I can at least remove all the cables and hardware associated with the I/O of the two tone even if it leaves holes in the fame?

If you ask REALLY NICE, maybe a nice Canadian (like me) can buy it and send it south of the border

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 What are the exact dimensions of the GPU area? As i need to know if it'll fit a 1080 Ti Hall of Fame edition please.

2 or 3 slots, no more than 320mm long, 140mm tall.

3 slot GPUs longer than 300 may limit full loop WC fitting options, just FYI.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Can the SFX fan be oriented towards the side panel, or is the position fixed facing inside the case?

I know it was mentioned previously it could be oriented both ways, but want to know if its changed.

SFX Bracket allows the PSU fan to be oriented towards inside the case or outside the case.

Flip SFX Bracket flips the SFX 180 degrees (SFX exhaust / C13 inlet towards radiator), the PSU fan can be oriented towards inside or outside the case also.