Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

staircase

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2018
Now I look at it again on a pc, I personally prefer the front split line is located at that radiator portion (lower), but that messes up the golden ration mentioned earlier. I actually prefer no line at all, lol. I am a minimalist.

I like the mesh idea, I didn't see the indent while I was on the phone. I wish it was all flat, on both sides. How are they attached? magnet? screws? Easy to pop them off and blow off the dust? and still able align it back into place?

Don't get me wrong, I still love it!

Reactions: Beardedswede

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I know you guys have a lot of questions, I will answer them *after I figure out Quality Control.

I will only offer variations if we can Quality Control, so questions about variations, pricing for variations, availability outside of the base model, they have to wait after I'm done with QA setup.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 will there be an option to purchase an additional windowed side panel on the base model? Or is the mesh universal for all models?

Likely.

Will there be perforated aluminum panels as well or just mesh?

No, MOQ problems for 2019, maybe 2020.

FYI...I think the Ultrafine filter Mesh Side Panel will actually look better than aluminum panels with holes. We have done a lot of renderings and this was our conclusion.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I think the Ultrafine filter Mesh Side Panel will actually look better than aluminum panels with holes. We have done a lot of renderings and this was our conclusion.
From what I've seen I agree with you, but could we see these renders if at all possible?

Reactions: Dudu_head

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Likely.

FYI...I think the Ultrafine filter Mesh Side Panel will actually look better than aluminum panels with holes. We have done a lot of renderings and this was our conclusion.

If you send me one of each I can make that comparison for you ???

The thing is... accoustics will be worse with the mesh and, imo, it breaks a bit from the CNC machining of the case.

So...I guess we are looking at mesh for 2019 and other options for 2020?

Reactions: Bonusround

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Likely.

I’m concerned about the strength of the mesh side panels. I do like how they look with the black version, but the case first appealed to me because of the thick CNC aluminum. It looks like a very structurally strong case but the mesh probably won’t protect the components as well as aluminum. Also as prava indicated above, it breaks from the design a bit.

Maybe offer the aluminum side panels as an “upgrade” kit in 2020?

Last edited:

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
I’m concerned about the strength of the mesh side panels. I do like how they look with the black version, but the case first appealed to me because of the thick CNC aluminum. It looks like a very structurally strong case but the mesh probably won’t protect the components as well. Also as prava indicated above, it breaks from the design a bit.

as someone not baller enough for hardware worth this case, but can afford my 2 cents: this! quite a lot of people doing sff do it to move their systems aboot and i would be concerned about the strength of the mesh protecting my hardware. on the flipside: mesh is good for ventilation and i think more cases should do it. when you do end up doing the alu panels, you should defo go for as much air-rea as you can: this is a case based around function, after all!

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
does this mean, there won't be 2-tone colorway until 2020 ? , only black case option for september ?
yep that whats only black means :p its to bad. Im gonna get a shitty case now and wait for the all aluminum.
Guys, he was just answering my question about the Base version.

It's not too difficult, this is what we should expect this year:
  • Premium version: 2-Tone, Tempered Glass Side Panel (not confirmed)
  • Base version: Just Black, Mesh Side Panel
    • Upgrade Kit (front I/O)

Maybe in 2020:
  • Premium version: 2-Tone, Tempered Glass Side Panel (?)
  • Base version: Black or Silver, Mesh Side Panel (or perforated aluminum)
    • Upgrade Kit (front I/O, more?)

Reactions: GerryMz

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I’m concerned about the strength of the mesh side panels. I do like how they look with the black version, but the case first appealed to me because of the thick CNC aluminum. It looks like a very structurally strong case but the mesh probably won’t protect the components as well. Also as prava indicated above, it breaks from the design a bit.

^ This.

Mesh is great – for filtering. As rendered above the Sidearm is now just a frame with screen doors. I choose to put components into a case for protection and noise isolation; it appears the base model will accomplish neither well.

What's going on, is the CNC making it difficult to hit the price point? Put me down as waiting for real side panels, thanks.

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
Personally I prefer the aluminium side panels... looks like will need to wait until 2020 and pray that it will make it for production

Reactions: Dudu_head

divanvanbiljon

Cable Smoosher
Jul 30, 2019
When & where would they be sold? And are they up for pre-order yet by any chance?

Will a Galax 1080 Ti Hall of Fame edition fit with the 3 slot configuration?

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Guys, he was just answering my question about the Base version.

It's not too difficult, this is what we should expect this year:
  • Premium version: 2-Tone, Tempered Glass Side Panel (not confirmed)
  • Base version: Just Black, Mesh Side Panel
    • Upgrade Kit (front I/O)

Maybe in 2020:
  • Premium version: 2-Tone, Tempered Glass Side Panel (?)
  • Base version: Black or Silver, Mesh Side Panel (or perforated aluminum)
    • Upgrade Kit (front I/O, more?)

No, he was talking in general.

The difference between 2-Tone and base is, literally... the colours. And thus, if he has MOQ issues... we will only get the BASE BLACK this year, with mesh panels.

Also, the base model has no I/O... but because he photoshopped the renders not to feature even the cutouts... I'm not sure you will be able to get I/O later without buying the front panel?

All in all: In 2019, we will only get the black base model without I/O (unsure about the cutout) and with mesh side panels.