Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

sffman

Cable Smoosher
Jun 8, 2019
weighs AROUND 1100g(2.43pounds) for all the CNC parts(without sidepanels), 1600g(3.52pounds) with sheetmetal components and sidepanels

It is still a little bit of heavy compare to all the other cases in the market, but better to be heavier to protect the parts instead of crumbled in ur luagge~ right?

Too heavy for me. I'm going to make a case out of aluminum foil.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Excluding USB-C I/O, this version with ultra fine filter side panel should be the base $200 version

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I love this decision! I've always liked the way the Cougar QBX and Fractal Design Meshify series use this style, and think it's a great addition to the industrial look of the T1! Well done, good sir!

Now, let's take a couple steps back... I don't expect replies to everything I post, but I still have a legit concern I'd love to have you answer for me. This is in reference to my concern from page 44 about the premium two-toned edition being locked into the I/O you've designed. I initially said:

I know you've said there will be tiers of the T1 to purchase, and with that I hope there will be an option per tier to not include the I/O stuff. You've implemented both the SD slot and Type-C port subtly, but I'd rather not have either... and I certainly wouldn't want to have the tier I want locked into the I/O.

You partially addressed that post by saying:

The base tier will not have the Front I/O.

For both price and also availability reasons.

To which I replied:

That’s the concern... If you stick to what you’ve said about the two tone being the premium model... that’s the one I’d want... but I wouldn’t be interested in the I/O. Please offer the option to include it or not include it, b/c imo nothing ruins a clean case quite like an I/O...

That's still very much a concern of mine with the Sidearmd T1, and shame on me for not being more direct with an actual question for you. I'll do better this time...

@Wahaha360 Will there be an option for the two-tone premium version of the Sidearmd T1 that doesn't include the I/O?

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
I want whichever comes out first!

EDIT: Now that 3900x are out in the wild, does it still stand that you need the EISBAER to cool it on this case? Or would a smaller AIO be enough?
EDIT2: I also don't know where to order that cooler for US market.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
EDIT: Now that 3900x are out in the wild, does it still stand that you need the EISBAER to cool it on this case? Or would a smaller AIO be enough?
Bitwit cooled the 3900x in the dancase a4 using the 92mm aio, albeit at above 90 degrees. A 120mm aio with a better fan and better airflow should be able to cool it, just dont expect full boost clocks.
Source

Last edited:

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Very nice.
Can't wait to see some real world shots of this puppy in 2-tone trim.
Would also be very interested to hear about noise levels with that much mesh.
Anyone know if glass side panels are still on the table as an option?
Edit:
Nevermind, went back and checked against the 7/18 update. Can't wait for shots of the next prototype!

Last edited:

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
Haha, I already burned the money I alloted for the supposedly base unit. Regretting it now:(

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018

Excluding USB-C I/O, this version with ultra fine filter side panel should be the base $200 version

will there be still be a I/O cutout at the front panel for the base model?
will there be any option for future I/O add on if we opted for the base model now?

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
will there be still be a I/O cutout at the front panel for the base model?
The base tier will not have the Front I/O.

For both price and also availability reasons.

will there be any option for future I/O add on if we opted for the base model now?
USB-C I/O upgrade kit planned for end of year.

USB-C I/O significantly more expensive compared to USB-A, just didn't want to make the case more expensive. For the people that are willing to pay extra $25, they can get it later in the year.

Don't want to be that guy BUT the search function works great, please use it.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Are those holes at the bottom different places to put the power button? If not, what are they for?

16mm Vandal Switch power hutton.

Or

Watercooling (via M16 to G1/4 adapter). Having two holes allows your to bleed the air out of the loop.

Reactions: PBJ and Navic

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Ok, I'll try again. @Wahaha360

@Wahaha360 Will there be an option for the two-tone premium version of the Sidearmd T1 that doesn't include the I/O?

^Please answer the question.

Also, in reference to my post back in June (post #612)... Have you decided on case feet yet? They are the last piece of the puzzle now that you have shared your side panel renderings (which again, I'm very much a fan of), and I'm very excited to see the final version of this beautiful case you've created!

Reactions: Bonusround