Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2019-07-14: Prototype 2 photos and changes for production

- photos of Prototype 2 are below
- vent / hole pattern needs to change
- front panel top and bottom ratio need to change
- acrylic window for testing
- need to make a lof of small changes (will make a list *after I finalize the CAD)

Last edited:

Sebbie

Trash Compacter
Apr 5, 2016

- need to make a lof of small changes (will make a list *after I finalize the CAD)

The hole patterns are gonna change to the one with high vent. Holes?

Reactions: Dudu_head

Wildmongoose

Chassis Packer
Nov 14, 2018
I love everything about this case except for the fact the graphics card will have to be upside down for a top mounted rad. Is there the possibility of their being a top mounted rad version of this case in the future(without an upside down gpu)? With the modularity of the mobo tray, couldn't you get away with just a 2nd back panel design?

Reactions: thekinghippo

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

What’s the reason for changing the golden ratio on the front top and bottom panel?

Prototype looks good, the changes to vent holes size/pattern will probably make it look even better.

jvarg

Chassis Packer
Jul 2, 2019

The tinted and vented acrylic panel looks great! I can't wait to purchase this case soon. Keep up the incredible work!

Reactions: mfgillia and iRebel

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
A few questions:
  • Are you still planning to offer metal side panels?

• When positioned for a two-slot GPU, it looks like the power supply will also move, pulling away from the side of the case. If that is correct, will we need some sort of duct to ensure the PSU fan pulls fresh air from outside the case?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
The machining tool path looks so cool, it's shame I have to sandblast and anodize.
Does this mean that the final version will be anodized (or have an option to have it anodized) rather than brushed metal?
Also, prototype 2 looks really good! Looking forward to the final product.

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
They sr
Does this mean that the final version will be anodized (or have an option to have it anodized) rather than brushed metal?
Also, prototype 2 looks really good! Looking forward to the final product.
They are all blasted / anodized. he never talked about brushed metal. It looks way to ugly to be honest.

Reactions: Navic

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
A few questions:
  • Are you still planning to offer metal side panels?

• When positioned for a two-slot GPU, it looks like the power supply will also move, pulling away from the side of the case. If that is correct, will we need some sort of duct to ensure the PSU fan pulls fresh air from outside the case?
He is gonna do metal yes.

It'd the same layout as ghost s1 and dancase a4. It just pulls fresh air from the side. No need to worrie. It'd not like it needs completely fresh air anyway.

Reactions: Navic

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I love everything about this case except for the fact the graphics card will have to be upside down for a top mounted rad. Is there the possibility of their being a top mounted rad version of this case in the future(without an upside down gpu)? With the modularity of the mobo tray, couldn't you get away with just a 2nd back panel design?

Unfortunately it will make the case at least 10mm taller or ~0.45L bigger, which I don't want to, so no.

This layout takes advantage of wasted space under the SFX, you can't do that if you move the radiator to top, hence why I tell people to flip the case - where the GPU is upside down.

This goes back to the space efficiency. I prefer SFF that are space efficient, and moving to a less efficient design is not something I'm interested in.

What’s the reason for changing the golden ratio on the front top and bottom panel?

Prototype looks good, the changes to vent holes size/pattern will probably make it look even better.

I think it will look better in person.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2019-07-15: 3M Riser compatibility confirmed.

X570 motherboard will not work with any PCIe 3.0 riser, so it's a problem for all cases on the market.

Rumor has it that the 3M is PCIe 4.0 compatible (X570 mobos), so I got one to test.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
When positioned for a two-slot GPU, it looks like the power supply will also move, pulling away from the side of the case. If that is correct, will we need some sort of duct to ensure the PSU fan pulls fresh air from outside the case?

It'd the same layout as ghost s1 and dancase a4. It just pulls fresh air from the side. No need to worrie. It'd not like it needs completely fresh air anyway.

? In the A4, the PSU fan is right next to the side panel...

@Wahaha360, can you address this question?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
? In the A4, the PSU fan is right next to the side panel...

@Wahaha360, can you address this question?

I will have to test, but I doubt it will amount to 1-2C of difference if any.

The adjustment is about 20mm, so you can always use a standoff to push the SFX close to the Side Panel in 2 Slot GPU mode.

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019

X570 motherboard will not work with any PCIe 3.0 riser, so it's a problem for all cases on the market.

Rumor has it that the 3M is PCIe 4.0 compatible (X570 mobos), so I got one to test.
I've been wondering about the risers and the X570 boards. I know there were issues with the Radeon 5700 cards. Been holding off on picking up a board so far while I wait on the dust to settle on Zen 2 a bit. Bouncing back and forth between the Gigabyte X570i and the MSI B450i.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I will have to test, but I doubt it will amount to 1-2C of difference if any.

The adjustment is about 20mm, so you can always use a standoff to push the SFX close to the Side Panel in 2 Slot GPU mode.

Thanks. How will the PSU vent when the case is flipped?

Actually, after staring at the photos above, I'm now wondering how the 2-slot mode works.

Last edited:

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017

Sorry to hear that...Poor X570.