Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
As I'm going through all the reviews, it is kind of making me want that rumored 15% price cut to be true for the Intel CPUs. The 9900K seems to meet my use case better. The 3700X seems like a good part though. Interesting that only it and the 3900X were sampled for review

Edit: I'm interested to see what a higher binned chip like the 3800X can do on WC. Might be worth a buy

Last edited:

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
I remember wanting to buy an x470 ITX board, but from research, using two M.2 drives made the GPU's PCI lane drop to 8x. Was this fixed with x570 or not? Can't find info about this anywhere.

Reactions: sebastianreloaded

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
I don't know about the lane usage on X570 but it seems you can get your Gen 4 NVME speeds on your X470 boards from the slot directly linked to the CPU, according to testing done by oc3d.net. Hopefully that works for B450 too. Makes X570 and even harder sell for me in the T1

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
I don't know about the lane usage on X570 but it seems you can get your Gen 4 NVME speeds on your X470 boards from the slot directly linked to the CPU, according to testing done by oc3d.net. Hopefully that works for B450 too. Makes X570 and even harder sell for me in the T1
On x470 using one m.2 SSD gave full speeds, the problem lies in using two. I don't want to use SATA cables ever again so I want two M.2 at full speeds which x470 does not give us. It is the only reason that I'm considering x570.

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
I would definitely like to get in on this case too.

Can transplant my current ghost S1 internals in, and then swap to 240 AIO + 3 slot GPU once an upgrade to the 2080 Ti comes out.

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
On x470 using one m.2 SSD gave full speeds, the problem lies in using two. I don't want to use SATA cables ever again so I want two M.2 at full speeds which x470 does not give us. It is the only reason that I'm considering x570.
I hear ya. I have vague recollection of it being stated that your PCIE lanes wouldn't be cut with 4.0 on the new chipset but there has been so much information overload. My use case already has me going from two small SSDs to a 1 TB m.2 NVME Gen 3 so I'm already happy and it didn't stick with me. Having the second m.2 on the back of the board would concern me for temps in the T1, with the higher TDP on the X570

Reactions: schn1tt3r

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
When I saw the video from optimum tech, he was quite clear: maybe not even this year.

There is no point in being so pushy. Just give them the time. At this point it even too early to give ETA.

Reactions: wanderingLlama

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
I thought I remembered something like this from the architecture chart. Someone confirmed it in the ITX review thread

Indeed, with x570 you still have PCI-E x16 using two NVME drives.
The first drive uses CPU lanes and the second uses chipset lanes allowing the CPU to still retain x16 for the PCI-E slot.

Reactions: Bonusround

Sebbie

Trash Compacter
Apr 5, 2016
When I saw the video from optimum tech, he was quite clear: maybe not even this year.

There is no point in being so pushy. Just give them the time. At this point it even too early to give ETA.

Thats not correct, at the post on reddit wahaha himself (the guy called Flyer) wrote it would more likely be released as soon as august this year!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thats not correct, at the post on reddit wahaha himself (the guy called Flyer) wrote it would more likely be released as soon as august this year!

I made some more changes - more holes for ventilation.

August will prob be a paper launch, I'm targeting 5-10 pcs, Sep trying to get maybe 100+.

Sebbie

Trash Compacter
Apr 5, 2016
If you are a backer of the ghost you should know better, there has been 0 notice of timeline since.

Good things come to those who wait and a patient

Im an original backer of both Ncase, All Dan cases and ghost, so i know how it works.
But dont computer anything to the ghost that was my worst experience when it comes to Mew cases.
It had a very very bad launch and still is very bad in fulfilling their orders, any case launch cant be as bad as the ghost s1 when it comes to delays upon delays and creator/company going MIA and when the case finally arrived (Batch 1) numerous QC issues were found and for that Price tag there should not have been those issues!

Reactions: Beardedswede