Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I have similar cables for my Flex ATX PSU I got from Geeek.
At Geeek they started offering custom cable for SFX PSUs too.
They look identical.
Thanks! I’ll check them out. Or maybe I’ll try to make some myself so they’re as short as possible.

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
just a question, is the Corsair H60 the only 120mm aio that's fully built from out of the box that would fit in the case? or is there other 120mm aio that could fit?
i'll most likely cool the 3700x so im not too worried about temps !

no it is not, you gotta read a few pages back.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
just a question, is the Corsair H60 the only 120mm aio that's fully built from out of the box that would fit in the case? or is there other 120mm aio that could fit?
i'll most likely cool the 3700x so im not too worried about temps !

Most 120mm AIOs should fit, since most are made by Asetek.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Custom unsleeved cables should save a ton of space. Just like the grey ones in the previous T1 picture.I wonder where Wahaha got them, they look really nice.

I might make these available via SFFLAB, I found a factory that can make these in small quantities.

Too much cable above the fan actually affects performance, so these cables will certainly help.

However, it's lower priority.

khats

Efficiency Noob
Jul 2, 2019
Love what I've seen so far from this project! Been really looking into finally building an itx system and this aesthetic really does it for me. I've tried looking and could really find it and i know that this case supports 120 and 240 AIO, but does it support dual 120s?

Reactions: Fiction

Kathdath

Case Bender
May 14, 2018
Speaking of the Sliger, could you fit one of their flexible bifurcation cables?

I was excited by the idea of aio cooling my GPU and cpu (ID Cooling Hunter Duet or party with custom tubing) and a capture card for a streaming/rendering box.

Reactions: Demon Boy Jr

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
The anticipation is killing me. @Wahaha360 do you have any thoughts on the various X570 ITX boards and how they would do in the T1 for airflow/thermal impact? I'm debating if I should just pick up a MSI B450 and skip the big chonky "heatsinks" and the onboard fan
Same! Sliger has a little discount on the sm560 right now and I'm debating taking the plunge. I just need any update to hold off lol

BillT

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
The anticipation is killing me. @Wahaha360 do you have any thoughts on the various X570 ITX boards and how they would do in the T1 for airflow/thermal impact? I'm debating if I should just pick up a MSI B450 and skip the big chonky "heatsinks" and the onboard fan
Depends on whether you need the better VRM for OC/Precision Boost Overdrive. Also PCIE4 for faster SSD. If not B450 is just fine.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Kathdath, I know about those bifurcation cables, several parties have tested them privately over the years, the results were bad, so we never gave those riser serious consideration.

@OtackKulandinglar, under multiple NDAs, can't talk about the X570 or Ryzen 3000 at this point.

@pwnedundies just get the sm560 if you want a case right now. Our supply will be limited, so ideally, it's going to be worth it for those already decided that they want this case (people who already own M1 / A4 / other SFF cases or at least very familiar with SFF limiations). If you are on the edge, I'm not sure the anticipation and waiting is worth it.

This case is kinda like the hardcore version of a sports car, almost designed for track. It's most meaningful for people who are familiar with SFF.

Last edited:

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
@Kathdath, I know about those bifurcation cables, several parties have tested them privately over the years, the results were bad, so we never gave those riser serious consideration.

@OtackKulandinglar, under multiple NDA, can't talk about the X570 or Ryzen 3000 at this point.

@pwnedundies just get the sm560 if you want a case right now. Our supply will be limited, so ideally, it's going to be worth it for those already decided that they want this case (people who already own M1 / A4 / other SFF cases or at least very familiar with SFF limiations). If you are on the edge, I'm not sure the anticipation and waiting is worth it.

This case is kinda like the hardcore version of a sports car, almost design for track. It's most meaningful for people who are familiar with SFF.

I'm definitely familiar with the sff landscape. That's exactly why I want this case. This case this case provides so much flexibility for it's footprint it's insane. I'm always trying new cases and components and I'm hoping that this allows me the flexibility and aesthetics to truly buy a case that fits my tendencies.

The suggestion of the sm560 was made because it's the closest thing that exists to this case. Not because I prefer it. The t1 looks like it's going to be a blast to build in and I'm definitely going to be waiting to try to snag one.

When you say limited are you thinking 10, 100, or 1000? Somewhere around any of those numbers?

Last edited:

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Our supply will be limited

Send me an invoice so I can pay you now haha?

Any heads up to how purchase will be made? Been following this project since you announced you decided to revive it late Dec/Early Jan and it'd be a shame if I couldn't get a hold of one. When you say limited, do you mean limited to preorders or will it be a finite number using a first come first serve free for all when the order page is up. Just worried I'll be asleep or at work when the order page is up and it'll be sold out when it eventually hits reddit and the masses buy them up.

Even if it's first come first serve, a date and time maybe a week ahead would be cool so I can set an alarm.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
I'm definitely familiar with the sff landscape. That's exactly why I want this case. This case this case provides so much flexibility for it's footprint it's insane. I'm always trying new cases and components and I'm hoping that this allows me the flexibility and aesthetics to truly buy a case that fits my tendencies.

The suggestion of the sm560 was made because it's the closest thing that exists to this case. Not because I prefer it. The t1 looks like it's going to be a blast to build in and I'm definitely going to be waiting to try to snag one.

When you say limited are you thinking 10, 100, or 1000? Somewhere around any of those numbers?

When he says limited, I'd wager he talks about something akin to the M1. IE they will make runs based on interest and thus if there isn't enough you might never get a chance after the first run. But for the first run they should be able to offer enough slots for pretty much everyone that wants one... unless wahaha's magic with the chinese production plans means he only has a limited number of slots.

Anyway, I'm in for one. No questions asked.

khats

Efficiency Noob
Jul 2, 2019
oh man limited, i gotta check this forum more often to make sure i get this piece of art! The sidearm definitely captivated me from the get go compared to some other sff pieces

Reactions: Dudu_head