Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Regarding anodizing, we are talking about that "Apple-esque" sandblasted anodized finish, yes...? If so, that is huge for the boutique chassis market...!

That's the plan.

What makes the Apple Anodizing unique is the fingerprint proof coating combo. My understanding is that you can't get to that level of quality or consistency by just anodizing. It's a multi-process finish only possible at certain factories.

That combo is what I'm interested in.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
That's the plan.

What makes the Apple Anodizing unique is the fingerprint proof coating combo. My understanding is that you can't get to that level of quality or consistency by just anodizing. It's a multi-process finish only possible at certain factories.

Yes, that is exactly the finish I would want, I really hope your facility can come through on that...!

Also, do you have more on that "faux triple USB-C" (two USB-C flanking one USB-C sized power button) front panel i/o unit you are working on...? That is one smart looking i/o...!

Last edited:

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
That's the plan.

Where can I send you a bag of money for this case?

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
That's the plan.

Does the Circle Pro use such manufacturing process? From photos such case looks top notch.
Thanks.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
do you have more on that "faux triple USB-C" (two USB-C flanking one USB-C sized power button) front panel i/o unit you are working on...? That is one smart looking i/o...!

Im waiting for G-UNIQ to make the module. He has been busy with riser, so I didn’t push him to make it for the current prototype.

I plan to make the I/O shield removable and offer the I/O as a separate item b/c
1) cable mgmt is a challenge in general
2) the cost of the USB-C I/O is ~ $30+

People who wants it can buy it separate, those who prefer a clean look or save the $ can have it their way too.

Reactions: chx and Boil

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Does the Circle Pro use such manufacturing process? From photos such case looks top notch.
Thanks.

We are coordinating for version 2 of the Circle Pro, his anodizing for version 1 is a different space gray, not sure about fingerprint coating. He QA the batch himself, so I expected the case to come out good.

Reactions: Nanook and zzmadd

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
Any thoughts about modularity? Looks like you can almost go louqe ghost style tophats with your design with some minor tweaks, sorry if it has been brought up before.

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
My second question would be: how much width is accounted for glass panel thicknesses? Even if this case does not come with one, a 1/4" allotment for side panels would be great for third party / modder friendly acrylic or glass side panels.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Any thoughts about modularity? Looks like you can almost go louqe ghost style tophats with your design with some minor tweaks, sorry if it has been brought up before.

I actually made this case b/c I think modularity doesn't work well with this sandwich / A4 layout, especially with 3 slot GPU becoming mainstream.

Modularity is good for marketing, giving people the hope of upgrade within the same platform.

With the added volume and cost of these modular units, there are multiple alternative products that offers better 1) space efficiency, 2) cooling and 3) cost.

For space efficiency, performance and cost, it doesn't make sense to me at least.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
My second question would be: how much width is accounted for glass panel thicknesses? Even if this case does not come with one, a 1/4" allotment for side panels would be great for third party / modder friendly acrylic or glass side panels.

The side panel / glass are 2mm thick each, and it has to be thinner for space efficiency.

The sandwich / A4 layout is very sensitive to width increase. Increasing the width for thick side panels kind of defeats the purpose of this layout.

Again, this is all personal preference, how much do you care or not care about 1L increase, or below 10L, if you don't, I tell people there are many better options.

Last edited:
Reactions: htko89

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 are you still targeting to support the AlphaCool 240mm?

Would that be supported with SFX-L?

It depends on how the Alphacool LT240 performs, there is a chance it might underperform the Koolance 120 radiator. The Alphacool LT240 is around 12FPI, the Koolance is more than double at 30FPI, so unless it can be 5C better, might as well not support it, why increase the size for irrelevant gain.

Keep in mind that the Koolance 120x30mm 30FPI Copper Radiator should be similar to most aluminum 240 12-16FPI radiators, so I don’t see a point unless it’s a lot better.

SFX-L I don’t know yet, most brands we spoke with are dumping SFX-L for SFX, so it’s not a priority.

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
It depends on how the Alphacool LT240 performs, there is a chance it might underperform the Koolance 120 radiator. The Alphacool LT240 is around 12FPI, the Koolance is more than double at 30FPI, so unless it can be 5C better, might as well not support it, why increase the size for irrelevant gain.

Keep in mind that the Koolance 120x30mm 30FPI Copper Radiator should be similar to most aluminum 240 12-16FPI radiators, so I don’t see a point unless it’s a lot better.

SFX-L I don’t know yet, most brands we spoke with are dumping the form factor, so it’s not a priority.

Personally I'd like to see it even if it is on par. I, personally, am not comfortable doing a custom loop(I'm sure a majority of people are not comfortable doing custom loops, but perhaps in in the minority). HOWEVER the idea of an AIO is quite pleasing to me. :) (depending on size increase and cost increase.)

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
The side panel / glass are 2mm thick each, and it has to be thinner for space efficiency.

The sandwich / A4 layout is very sensitive to width increase. Increasing the width for thick side panels kind of defeats the purpose of this layout.

Again, this is all personal preference, how much do you care or not care about 1L increase, or below 10L, if you don't, I tell people there are many better options.

What are you designing this case for? What user, what job?
Thanks.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
What are you designing this case for? What user, what job?
Thanks.

My first priority is to train a new manufacturer, and the only way to do that is to make a product.

The layout and cooling is for users looking for the smallest case for
- Intel i9-9900X, i9-9900K (no OC), I9-7900X (no OC), 8700K (OCed)
- AMD Ryzen 2700X (no OC)
- 1080Ti / Titan XP / Titan V / RTX Titan (TBD)

It's intended for YouTubers traveling, traveling pros, and students that travel home during university breaks.

This, in my mind is more of a backpack-able product. Mostly due to the width being relatively narrow.

Last edited: