Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Yeah, I just looked at a couple of pics online but have no measurements.

Hope you can work it out, ‘cause it indeed looks a lot better than the accelero III, especially in black.

optimum tech did a video about the morpheus and IIRC he was getting like 60 degrees at 1000rpm. its perfect. i want it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBJ

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
Question to all who are planning a custom loop with the lt240:
Unlike some other alphacool radiators, the lt240 seems to have only two ports. Since (depending on the orientation of the case) the rad is the lowest part in the loop, where are you planning to put the drain valve?
Just got my lt240. The rad only has the two ports for the tubing. There's an extra fill port on the block for what that's worth. My tentative plan is put in a T and valve.

Reactions: 0x3F2D

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
I think I will be. Was going to be a 3700x on Gigabyte x570 ITX but at this rate a B550 may be released, not sure what will be needed for IO and GPU wise a 2070 super may come down in price but at least knowing size limitations could may a decision come Black Friday or whatever crops up on eBay.

Look. Small cases require every single component to adjust to the case. Not the other way around. So get the case first, then buy stuff for your case.

Reactions: Shinken1

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Look. Small cases require every single component to adjust to the case. Not the other way around. So get the case first, then buy stuff for your case.

You are positing that, once case on hand, he should take his own measurements? Or are you suggesting once he has the case he should blindly test fit components and return them if they don't fit, eating the restock fee? Because this "get the case first" idea is stupid. SFF builds are all about planning. You can't plan without dimensions. The man has a valid point; dimensions and clearances should be available before purchase

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
You are positing that, once case on hand, he should take his own measurements? Or are you suggesting once he has the case he should blindly test fit components and return them if they don't fit, eating the restock fee? Because this "get the case first" idea is stupid. SFF builds are all about planning. You can't plan without dimensions. The man has a valid point; dimensions and clearances should be available before purchase
I bet he’s just saying that it’s smarter to have the case first so you have a better idea of the limited space you’re dealing with. Dimensions are very important, but depending on what you’re planning for your build, having the case on hand could be beneficial.

The dimensions will be available before purchase. We just have to be patient, this is not crowdfunded. We’re just here for feedback and if we don’t like the end product we won’t purchase it

tomasang

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2019
Will alphacool LT240 handle 3900x + gpu block such as rtx 2080 super? Btw I live in hot weather in summer where it gets up to 100 F outside.

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
Will alphacool LT240 handle 3900x + gpu block such as rtx 2080 super? Btw I live in hot weather in summer where it gets up to 100 F outside.
depends on how you see 'handle'. On synthetic bench with PBO on, NO. On moderate gaming sessions, with A/C on, probably yes.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
IMO, going based off this video. I wasn't satisfied with the temps. Main reason why I want this case. I believe a 240 slim rad dedicated to the cpu and 3 slot gpu separate from each other is the best for thermals. I don't like the cpu heating up the gpu more and vice versa.

Not to mention makes my life way easier.. 3 slot gpu and 240 aio on cpu..

I'm thinking end game here. Throw in a 3950x in this with a 3 slot gpu. Flip the case so slim rad blowing air through top. But, that's pretty good for sub 10L.

I have no need for ssd's right now but looks easy to shove 2 in the front vs my ghost where I am lucky to shove one next to the PSU. I am currently only using 2 2tb m.2's. But, eventually that 4TB ssd will be affordable.

Last edited:

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
My eisbaer on a ncase m1 is at its limit when cpu is overclocked consuming about 160 watts. (hwinfo) that seems to be all it can do on a 3700x

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
My eisbaer on a ncase m1 is at its limit when cpu is overclocked consuming about 160 watts. (hwinfo) that seems to be all it can do on a 3700x

That really depends on how you define the limit. When the cooling system cannot keep the core temperatures under 80°C thats often considered to be the limit. Radiators get more efficient at a higher temperature difference and fan speed. Sadly, alphacool doesnt provide any numbers on their rads and especially the lt240.
But EK does. Even though their SE240 has quite a bit more FPI, its a good reference as for what is possible. And that is rated at over 300W/10°C @2800rpm according to https://www.ekwb.com/blog/radiators-part-2-performance/
So with the components running a bit hotter, the eisbaer should be able to handle a full loop depending on CPU/GPU and undervolting/overclocking I think.

Edit: Eisbaer LT240 in a full loop:

Last edited:
Reactions: PBJ

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
When I said it was the limit of the Eisbaer I wasn't talking about the radiator in particular, I didn´t explain myslef very well. You could probably throw in a gpu block in the mix and have nice temps because the radiator can, I don´t know. But from what I´m seeing, I´ve had to lap both the cpu and the coldplate to get to a point where I can get to dissipate those 160w. Before lapping I was getting worse temperatures at a lesser overclock, right now I´m very happy with the results, but I´m intrigued to see what is possible with a 3900x or a 3950x.

Right now my 3700x is working at 4.3 ghz and 1.35/1.35v under load. With several loops of cinebench 20 I get around 78º with intel burn or aida 83º-86º and with prime95 right to 95º almost from the start. I don´t like prime 95 is unreal the temperatures it gets. In my normal workload, rendering with vray for 4 hours the other day it barely goes over 74º

edit: all the temps above, have in mind that if the temps are around 70º my fans are spining at @1600 +- and they max out at 83º they are noctuas nfa

Last edited:
Reactions: 0x3F2D

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Will this case support chunky cards like the Nitro+ and Red Devil 5700XT? I don't find Height restrictions on cards.

Why should I consider this case instead of the SM550? They are very similar in size.

stepnyVLK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2019
When I said it was the limit of the Eisbaer I wasn't talking about the radiator in particular, I didn´t explain myslef very well. You could probably throw in a gpu block in the mix and have nice temps because the radiator can, I don´t know. But from what I´m seeing, I´ve had to lap both the cpu and the coldplate to get to a point where I can get to dissipate those 160w. Before lapping I was getting worse temperatures at a lesser overclock, right now I´m very happy with the results, but I´m intrigued to see what is possible with a 3900x or a 3950x.

Right now my 3700x is working at 4.3 ghz and 1.35/1.35v under load. With several loops of cinebench 20 I get around 78º with intel burn or aida 83º-86º and with prime95 right to 95º almost from the start. I don´t like prime 95 is unreal the temperatures it gets. In my normal workload, rendering with vray for 4 hours the other day it barely goes over 74º

edit: all the temps above, have in mind that if the temps are around 70º my fans are spining at @1600 +- and they max out at 83º they are noctuas nfa
Hi Paulesko i didnt even lapped my cpu and have way better temperatures on the 3900x and the cooling situation in the ghost case is less than ideal i think there is a wall on zen2 around 4,3 and 1,3 vcore. What helped me is updating the bios to abba that fixed the LLC problem this way i can run the cpu on 4,25 and 1,26 LLC on High that is in my oppinion.
I also tried the eisbaer LT and was underwhelmed it performed ok but was way too laud.
Why dont you try to change the rad on the eisbaer? For lwts say an hw labs black ice nemesis i have to admit what ppl and the producer are saying is somewhat true. It performs almoust as a thick radiator in 1000-1500rpm scenario and also performs better at low rpm.
How is you system setup? Witch fans are you using and witch direction are the blowing how is your psu oriented?

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018

IMO Absolutely not. I have the 240LT and only 3900X attached to it and temperatures are quite high. Fans on the rads keep spinning up, and I have a big case.

Reactions: stepnyVLK

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017

What I'm saying is that we can't expect a tiny company to provide us with everything when the case is still being worked on, least of all because the dimensions of the case won't tell you the whole story unless you know the dimensions of the stuff that you plan to put inside, and usually you don't, not at that level anyway. IMO it was a mistake to anounce that this case supports 240mm rads because people don't bother to read anything and just ask for the specific unit without regard or care for other commens.

And thus my comment: get the case and start planning once you have it, specially if you want to use extreme components inside.

Reactions: PBJ and gwertheim

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
What I'm saying is that we can't expect a tiny company to provide us with everything when the case is still being worked on, least of all because the dimensions of the case won't tell you the whole story unless you know the dimensions of the stuff that you plan to put inside, and usually you don't, not at that level anyway. IMO it was a mistake to anounce that this case supports 240mm rads because people don't bother to read anything and just ask for the specific unit without regard or care for other commens.

And thus my comment: get the case and start planning once you have it, specially if you want to use extreme components inside.
Dude the case has been manufactured, the dimensions aren't changing anymore (for revision 1 ofc). Its perfectly reasonable to be asking for dimensions.

Reactions: DrHudacris

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Overall dimensions is not as important as the clearances for components. As I understand, only anodization issues are keeping this case from releasing. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect some solid dimensions. Leaving out the radiator issue, as this was initially about GPU fitment, every GPU has its dimensions listed on the manufacturer website. To suggest that you need the physical component in your possession along with the case to fit components seems absurd. Yes, different manufacturers list dimensions with backplate or without without a clear indication which method they use, but it gives you an idea. All we know right now is GPU length, and 2 slot or 3 slot. That's it. Will a 2.2 card fit in the "2 slot" configuration? How much clearance will a 3 slot card have with TG panel? How tall can the GPU be? Your solution appears to be to buy the case and the component and test fit, a waste of time, energy, and money.

Reactions: Sahaj and MXY

Mahjund

Caliper Novice
Aug 4, 2019
Overall dimensions is not as important as the clearances for components. As I understand, only anodization issues are keeping this case from releasing. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect some solid dimensions. Leaving out the radiator issue, as this was initially about GPU fitment, every GPU has its dimensions listed on the manufacturer website. To suggest that you need the physical component in your possession along with the case to fit components seems absurd. Yes, different manufacturers list dimensions with backplate or without without a clear indication which method they use, but it gives you an idea. All we know right now is GPU length, and 2 slot or 3 slot. That's it. Will a 2.2 card fit in the "2 slot" configuration? How much clearance will a 3 slot card have with TG panel? How tall can the GPU be? Your solution appears to be to buy the case and the component and test fit, a waste of time, energy, and money.
we have to wait for offical information & reviews , But i believe 2.2 will not fit in the 2 slot mode ''Case width 135mm only''