Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Actually my original question was asking for H x W x D in both configurations as all dimensions are req when looking at a GPU for this case.

Last edited:

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Just wanting to make sure whichever card I fit does so, in the same way as people would want to know which cpu cooler will fit.

NCASE have provided this for their larger case here

Isn’t the T1 smaller volume therefore there may be more limitations?

I am sure all will be known on release. Just seems odd to me that we all know a LT240 will fit and have to be modified with at least 1 fan, or what air coolers fit, but on the other side of the case we know nothing other than 2 slot, 3 slot and 315mm. And all this from the start with not much since.

Would I be foolish buying a GPU now or starting to look with out knowing if it works in this case. Just like others who might have looked at 240 AIO options when there is only one.

Once CAD can be advised then we can see what fits.

Reactions: Beardedswede

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Personally I would hold off until you get the case, price might drop or something new might come out before you get the case than you'll be kicking yourself.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
But then I could be comparing apples with oranges and T1 has less issues with fitment than M1. Simply do not know hence the question.

Coming from Shuttle builds this is a whole new ball game for me. Read on the M1 thread that only certain MB work the IO so will have that compatibility to deal with when the T1 with IO is ready.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Personally I would hold off until you get the case, price might drop or something new might come out before you get the case than you'll be kicking yourself.

I think I will be. Was going to be a 3700x on Gigabyte x570 ITX but at this rate a B550 may be released, not sure what will be needed for IO and GPU wise a 2070 super may come down in price but at least knowing size limitations could may a decision come Black Friday or whatever crops up on eBay.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
But then I could be comparing apples with oranges and T1 has less issues with fitment than M1. Simply do not know hence the question.

Coming from Shuttle builds this is a whole new ball game for me. Read on the M1 thread that only certain MB work the IO so will have that compatibility to deal with when the T1 with IO is ready.

What I'm trying to say is take your time on buying the parts, from what I've seen you can potentially fit 90%+ of the cards on the market. If you are just using it for gaming, you'll be fine with whatever you choose.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
I'd agree with the others. Unless you're getting some insanely good deal and/or can use it in your current system while you wait, I wouldn't bother BUYING anything right now. But of course there's always pre-planning so that as soon as the case is released, you can pull the trigger. Or setting up notifications and deal alerts for parts so that you can get hard to find or regularly out-of-stock parts like the elusive LT240 or some of the Ryzen parts.
I made a more in depth argument a few pages back for the same basic spec request.
If the design is basically done, there shouldn't be any harm in releasing L/W/D clearance specs for the CPU, GPU, and cooler. Even if you have to play safe with a mm here and there to account for potential inconsistencies in material finish. It would be a lot better guidance than we currently have. If faced between a simple "One product solution" statement and an open ended clearance spec, letting the open market ultimately dictate your options, I'm going to take the open spec. Even if after testing a dozen radiator options, the one explicitly stated option IS the best.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017

Apples to oranges though as the M1 and T1 use completely different layouts without the same space constraints.
I would bet that unless your card is 126+mm tall, or 64+mm wide, you should be good.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Which huge card are you interested in anyway?

I'm looking to put a Morpheus 2 on my card in 3 slot mode. Its a pretty beefy cooler so i need all the space I can get but the thermals and noise levels with such a big cooler are worth it.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I'm looking to put a Morpheus 2 on my card in 3 slot mode. Its a pretty beefy cooler so i need all the space I can get but the thermals and noise levels with such a big cooler are worth it.

Good to wait for confirmation of course, but I think it will fit if it’s just the Morpheus 2, no fans. It looks like it’ll extend beyond 3 slots even if you add slim fans.

If you look at the latest picture of the back of the case, it’s pretty clear that you can’t fit anything wider than 3 slot cards

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Good to wait for confirmation of course, but I think it will fit if it’s just the Morpheus 2, no fans. It looks like it’ll extend beyond 3 slots even if you add slim fans.

If you look at the latest picture of the back of the case, it’s pretty clear that you can’t fit anything wider than 3 slot cards

on reddit someone said the morpheus 2 with slim fans is 59mm thick, which is pushing it for 3 slots, but possibly doable.

Worst comes to worst I'll throw an accelero III on there instead since its smaller but man the morpheus looks so much cooler imo.

Reactions: HZCH

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
on reddit someone said the morpheus 2 with slim fans is 59mm thick, which is pushing it for 3 slots, but possibly doable.

Worst comes to worst I'll throw an accelero III on there instead since its smaller but man the morpheus looks so much cooler imo.
Yeah, I just looked at a couple of pics online but have no measurements.

Hope you can work it out, ‘cause it indeed looks a lot better than the accelero III, especially in black.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
The SFF Lab website is down at the moment while they make some updates. Maybe we will get our answers soon!