Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I was an original backer of the ghost s1 and one of the community managers. The case won't fit everyone's needs but it will be great for a good chunk of the community. If everyone got what they wanted, it wouldn't be an SFF case anymore.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Let's be accurate, please. Stamping implies 3D features; the M1/A4 use punched holes. This might be a semantic difference to some, but when you talk about a "stamped case" vs. one that uses punching it has vastly different cost implications.

The M1/A4 open area is ~39%, about 38% greater than the 28.3% you gave for the T1 hole pattern.

True about punching vs tamping, corrected.

Not talking about Side Panel, it’s the M1 Top Panel being compared to the T1 Top Panel. The M1 doesn’t have staggered holes on the bottom panel, the Side Panels are mesh or glass for the T1, so the only comparable is the Top Panel.

* blue color numbers is estimated, black is calculated by SolidWorks.
* these are my estimates, key word is estimate

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Not talking about Side Panel, it’s the Top Panel on the M1 being compared to the T1 Top Panel.

The M1 doesn’t have staggered holes on the bottom panel, the Side Panels are mesh or glass for the T1 atm, so the only comparison is the Top Panel.
So what's the T1 top panel OA % then? And what does the 28.3% number you gave earlier apply to? I assume that was for the top panel.

Edit: I see, you mean the total open area vs. total closed area, not the OA of the hole pattern per se (which looks to be about 35%). Your chart seems like a bit of a dubious comparison, though. The M1 top panel, for example, has a lower ratio of open to solid area compared to the A4 top panel, but a greater number of same-sized holes. The only reason the ratio is lower is due to the fact the M1 top panel is larger. And that's not taking into account the ventilation on the back or sides. What conclusions do you think can be drawn from this comparison? More useful to compare open area in absolute numbers than as a percentage of closed area, IMO, at least in this case.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So what's the T1 top panel OA % then? And what does the 28.3% number you gave earlier apply to? I assume that was for the top panel.

Edit: I see, you mean the total open area vs. total closed area, not the OA of the hole pattern per se (which looks to be about 35%). Your chart seems like a bit of a dubious comparison, though. The M1 top panel, for example, has a lower ratio of open to solid area compared to the A4 top panel, but a greater number of same-sized holes. The only reason the ratio is lower is due to the fact the M1 top panel is larger. And that's not taking into account the ventilation on the back or sides. What conclusions do you think can be drawn from this comparison? More useful to compare open area in absolute numbers than as a percentage of closed area, IMO, at least in this case.

Agree to disagree, I just want to know the % of the panel that is open / ventilated.

That was the scope of the original conversation / question.

It is just a data set for reference.

Reactions: Phuncz

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Agree to disagree, I just want to know the % of the panel that is open / ventilated.

That was the scope of the original conversation / question.

It is just a data set for reference.
But what is the value of representing the data that way? That's my question.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
But what is the value of representing the data that way? That's my question.

It answers the % of the panel that has vents = the % of space air can exhaust through the Top Panel.

I agree more info on actual surface area would be more useful, but it’s a literal answer to a literal question, don’t over analyze it.

For those that needed more info, I’ve attached the chart showing the surface area in mm^2. All that data was internal reference, I’m just showing where the number comes from.

If you really want to focus on actual surface area for the vents, it’s still more than the M1, which helps my original point, the ventilation is fine, doesn’t need more holes.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Is there estimate for the case yet ?
This is the current *plan, things happens, so can't promise
Year 2019:
- $200 Black *base version, Ultrafine Mesh Side Panels, NO I/O, August 2019 if Quality Control perfect, most likely September 2019
- $240 Two Tone Version, Tempered Glass Side Panel (SFX fan facing inside the case), I/O, December 2019

Year 2020:
- Silver Aluminum Side Panels with holes
- Black Aluminum Side panels with holes
- Silver Ultrafine Mesh Side Panels
- Black I/O Front Lid for Black *base version
- Silver NO I/O Front Lid for Two Tone version

Some of you will notice that the Two Tone version with TG Side Panels should make temperature worse, and you will be correct. This is why I added 240x25mm thick radiator support so you can still get <85C with TG keeping CPU OC < 160W. For those of you that want to mix different Side Panels types, you can in 2020.

rOy_bOy

Chassis Packer
Sep 3, 2019
Has anyone done/seen a benefits breakdown between Louqe Ghost and the Sidearm? These are the two cases I'm presently considering, and the cognitive dissonance is killing me.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Also, anyone figured out how they're going to live without an Noctua L12S? Because I can't find them anywhere.

The Scythe big shuriken 3 is 1mm shorter and performs nearly identical at the same RPM. See Optimum Tech's review
Edit: The BS3 is a little louder with its stock fan, but I'd bet that with an A12x15 it would sound about the same.

rOy_bOy

Chassis Packer
Sep 3, 2019
The Scythe big shuriken 3 is 1mm shorter and performs nearly identical at the same RPM. See Optimum Tech's review
Edit: The BS3 is a little louder with its stock fan, but I'd bet that with an A12x15 it would sound about the same.

I've seen this review, and I patron the channel. Good option, but I'm open to other options, less maybe the Noctua L9A - it doesn't impress very much.

Also, I guess it's worth mentioning I'm gonna roll the 3600X Ryzen.

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017

One thing you can do with an L12/s that you can't with the BS3 is use an A12x25 fan underneath if you have VLP dimms. I was able to squeeze out ~3c cooler ΔT/A inside the Ghost s1 over the A12x15 and the fan is much quieter. https://i.vgy.me/Eo2tPG.jpg

My personal recommendation if you can't find either is to grab the AXP-100 Full Copper since it's 44mm without the fan and will land you right at 69mm with an A12x25. The BS3 is really nice in that it has no dimm height restriction though.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
One thing you can do with an L12/s that you can't with the BS3 is use an A12x25 fan underneath if you have VLP dimms. I was able to squeeze out ~3c cooler ΔT/A inside the Ghost s1 over the A12x15 and the fan is much quieter. https://i.vgy.me/Eo2tPG.jpg

My personal recommendation if you can't find either is to grab the AXP-100 Full Copper since it's 44mm without the fan and will land you right at 69mm with an A12x25. The BS3 is really nice in that it has no dimm height restriction though.
That sounds interesting. Do you know of anyone with info on temps with the AXP-100 Full Copper + A12x25 combo?