Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Is it possible that we could move the power button to a different position (like in the bottom left of the back panel when looking at it from the back) to make it easier to access when the case is flipped, or is this something we'd have to mod ourselves?

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
You're just flipping the actual case, not the inside (at least that's how I take it) so you would still have the PSU get air from the outside and it would vent out the bottom of the case, rather than the top.

That's what one would assume, and it's sub-optimal. I asked hoping @Wahaha360 might have a better solution in mind.

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I don't understand the problem you see? Flipped or regular orientation, both have PSU fan aimed at the side vent? What is the problem you see with that?

This post, from the start of the thread:

Flipping the case, where the two 120x25mm fans are at the top and in exhaust mode works even better.

The SFX bracket is designed that it can flip the PSU orientation as well, so the SFX can exhaust through the top of the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinoPecorino

MRDSOL

What's an ITX?
New User
May 13, 2019
Very keen to see a click style button attached to the side where the USB C slots are.
Awesome! Keen to see this progress. Definately keen to purchase here in Aust!

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Very keen to see a click style button attached to the side where the USB C slots are.
Awesome! Keen to see this progress. Definately keen to purchase here in Aust!
thats the first portotype, not gonna be any side button or side usb c. the button is gonna be on the back :)

Raxe

Trash Compacter
Mar 3, 2017
@Wahaha360
Have you had the opportunity to weigh the SidearmD without components? Being a thick aluminum cnc i don't know if it's portable weight wise as i only have the typical 1.5mm thick aluminum case to compare.

Looks so good so far btw!

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
@Wahaha360
Have you had the opportunity to weigh the SidearmD without components? Being a thick aluminum cnc i don't know if it's portable weight wise as i only have the typical 1.5mm thick aluminum case to compare.

Looks so good so far btw!
weighs AROUND 1100g(2.43pounds) for all the CNC parts(without sidepanels), 1600g(3.52pounds) with sheetmetal components and sidepanels

It is still a little bit of heavy compare to all the other cases in the market, but better to be heavier to protect the parts instead of crumbled in ur luagge~ right?

Last edited:

jtthejam

Efficiency Noob
Jun 8, 2019
weighs AROUND 1100g(2.43pounds) for all the CNC parts(without sidepanels), 1600g(3.52pounds) with sheetmetal components and sidepanels

It is still a little bit of heavy compare to all the other cases in the market, but better to be heavier to protect the parts instead of crumbled in ur luagge~ right?
1.6kg total for the case? Wow, that's not much heavier than the Dan A4 (1.25kg)
(Also pretty much identical volume-to-weight ratio)

Reactions: Raxe