Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Is there a render of the black anodized + proferated sidepanel somewhere?

Don't think there's a black render yet, but here's this.

neyurt

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 26, 2018
Actually pretty excited after seeing this case. Awhile back I was experimenting with move-able spine case and had a lot fun playing around with so many build configurations and component compatibility.

I build a lot of random custom cases (as a hobby ) and this is one of the few cases that I'd love to own. : )

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
As a more casual SFF user, I am going to echo the sentiment of wanting a front panel IO. Also, I am curious if @Wahaha360 has a response to a Reddit user's critique of the bottom chamber.

USB-C I/O upgrade kit planned for end of year.

USB-C I/O significantly more expensive compared to USB-A, just didn't want to make the case more expensive. For the people that are willing to pay extra $25, they can get it later in the year.

Responded to Reddit.

mushmuch

What's an ITX?
Jun 6, 2019
This case is beautiful from 5 sides, please make a vertical stand with space for a display port connector, this would be awsome, freeing desk space.

Reactions: fabio

MrFizzyBubbs

Chassis Packer
May 30, 2019

USB-C I/O significantly more expensive compared to USB-A, just didn't want to make the case more expensive. For the people that are willing to pay extra $25, they can get it later in the year.

Responded to Reddit.
Thank you for the responses. I am looking forward to the finished product.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Black Anodized with the standard option around $200.

Two Tone Anodized (Silver + Space Gray) will be the premium option at a higher price.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Only $200 for CNC'd case + anodizing?! Ribbon included, right?

If so, you could go a bit wild with other tones as there might be demand for them. A full white case would look awesome, for instance. Even a white + light grey too. And at $200, $50 in extra paint-jobs might not be a bad idea.

Two tone looks amazing, all things considered.

Looks brilliant! The two tone wins hands down. I still think there should be I/O in the front half of the case, maybe at the top or side, for practicality's sake. Personally, I can't own this case unless there is front half I/O because my space don't allow me to reach the back of my PC easily :/ sad fact. I might settle for front power button only.

I'm sure you could find a button that could be mounted on your desk. Or you could keep the computer in a sleep state.

As a more casual SFF user, I am going to echo the sentiment of wanting a front panel IO. Also, I am curious if @Wahaha360 has a response to a Reddit user's critique of the bottom chamber.

I don't understand this reddit's user point, to be honest. Only a madman is looking for a high performance computer in a 10L that is ALSO silent.

There is a general rule of thumb when building computers:

Small - Powerful - Silent

Pick 2, no way around that.

I'd say include USB-C from the start. $25 is nothing and USB-C is the future. Even if that means that you have to delay the case... because, lets be honest. It is june, you still need prototype 2 to make sure that everything is as it should be... which means that you won't launch until, at least, the next 3 months? I'd say wait a bit more, and include everything in one package. I don't see the need to sell the case then burden yourself with having different skus and the PITA to send internationally potentially hundreds of upgrade kits.

This is a premium case, it should have premium features from the get go.

BTW, what do you have in mind at the moment for panel options?

TG / Solid / Perforated?

Reactions: psurge

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
@Wahaha360 just found the optimum tech video and the case looks awesome.

As a original backer of the ghost S1 I am a bit worried because my computer runs quite hot, with a L12 and a 8600k. If you are interested, I can either send you detailed pictures of my build or send you my case since it is not being used due to the excess heat. This case adds space for a 120mm fan to improve airflow which is a vast improvement in design already.

Because of your past experience I know this will be better than the ghost but I can't help but be concerned that I can run into the same issues again.

Shoot me a PM if you would like to take me up on my offer.

Pat-Roner

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2016
I like it, but i really wish it was 1 slot wider, to get a bit more space for the GPU without having to compromise on CPU cooler as much.
The nCase is still extremely slim with 160mm. Make it slightly wider and it's so much more customizable without compromising alot on size. Just my two cents.

I can't buy this at the current width.

Reactions: Beardedswede

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
I'd say include USB-C from the start. $25 is nothing and USB-C is the future. Even if that means that you have to delay the case... because, lets be honest. It is june, you still need prototype 2 to make sure that everything is as it should be... which means that you won't launch until, at least, the next 3 months? I'd say wait a bit more, and include everything in one package. I don't see the need to sell the case then burden yourself with having different skus and the PITA to send internationally potentially hundreds of upgrade kits.

I actually prefer not having a front i/o. If there's usb-c I hope it's on the back with the power button. Having it on the front would ruin the minimalist design imo. Necere is already thinking of offering the Ncase v6 without front i/o and selling the i/o separately for those who want to pay more for the expensive type c port. Seems like the best of both worlds for those who don't want to pay extra for it and those who want it.

Aviswa

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
I like it, but i really wish it was 1 slot wider, to get a bit more space for the GPU without having to compromise on CPU cooler as much.
The nCase is still extremely slim with 160mm. Make it slightly wider and it's so much more customizable without compromising alot on size. Just my two cents.

This case is optimized for a 3 slot gpu and an aio, i think an additional gpu slot would not be worth it at all. An aio is going to give better cooling than any air cooler that would take advantage of the extra slot room.

Reactions: Shinken1

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

SFF cases are a compromise because of their small size. Yes you could make it wider or taller but then the case would be less compact and not as portable.

As a former community manager on the ghost project, everyone wanted it either wider or taller to the point where it wouldn't even be an small case anymore.

This case won't be for everyone, that's how it works out sometimes.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
I actually prefer not having a front i/o. If there's usb-c I hope it's on the back with the power button. Having it on the front would ruin the minimalist design imo. Necere is already thinking of offering the Ncase v6 without front i/o and selling the i/o separately for those who want to pay more for the expensive type c port. Seems like the best of both worlds for those who don't want to pay extra for it and those who want it.

I thought this case had I/O on its side?

Borafuzzle

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2019
So the one thing I'm confused about with this case is why not make it 15mm taller? This would allow for 2 full size 120mm fans on the radiator and a less tight space under the psu all the while keeping it ~10L

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
So the one thing I'm confused about with this case is why not make it 15mm taller? This would allow for 2 full size 120mm fans on the radiator and a less tight space under the psu all the while keeping it ~10L

You can see his test results here. The difference between 2x full 120mm fans was 1c on a 9900k. For reference 15mm is about the size of the Small Ghost S1 Tophat. Seems like an unnecessary increase in size for 1c.