Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

staircase

Trash Compacter
Jan 26, 2018
If this design is going to end up in a dual tone finish material, it feels awkward (for me) to have the heavier tone at the top and lighter on the bottom. (If I decided to leave the radiator at top)

I like heavier color weighted to the bottom.

Reactions: Shinken1

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
The more I look at them side by side, I think I prefer the P2 design more.

Also I think I'd grab the TX240(or that sweet Aijia really, not that I could source one) just to avoid those ugly tubes on the LT240; the temps seem close enough.

Any news on the Fr33Flow 48?

Reactions: PBJ

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I am happy with my current ATX tower but is planning on upgrading with Ryzen 3000 in an ITX enclosure. I'm targeting at least 8 core @ hopefully 5Ghz all core. If Ryzen disappoints then I'll go 9900K.

For GPU probably 2080Ti, so 3 slot would be nice. For temps I'm an as low as possible in a given size kind of guy, as long as the noise is not unbearable.

I'm confused by your use of Positive and negative air pressure orientations. Do you mind explaining? I don't mind negative air pressure. I'm just looking for rad on top for best cooling and smaller piece front panel on bottom for better looks.

Radiator on the bottom is Positive Pressure orientation (your preferred orientation for looks).

Radiator on the top is Negative Pressure orientation, aka exhaust mode

The smaller piece you are referring to is the Front CNC Chassis, the larger piece is the Front Lid.

The Front CNC Chassis provides structural support for the radiator / AIO / fan, so it must be aligned with the radiator / AIO / fan.

Since you like the look of the Positive Pressure orientation, I would tell you to get the Alphacool LT240, b/c I suspect a 240mm radiator = flipping the case will not yield more than 2C of temperature difference. That's the best solution.

Reactions: BillT

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Also I think I'd grab the TX240(or that sweet Aijia really, not that I could source one) just to avoid those ugly tubes on the LT240; the temps seem close enough.

The TX240 is 125-126mm wide, which is wider than all the other radiators, will have to cut away more material from aluminum block to support it = more expensive case.

Since the TX240 doesn't perform better than the Alphacool LT240, we might drop the support for it.

With the Alpahcool LT240, you get the entire AIO (pump, radiator, tubes and fans), with the TX240, you still have to buy a pump, tubes and fans, so for majority of customers, the LT240 is better performance and easier.

Any news on the Fr33Flow 48?

Slow, but not forgotten.

Making prototypes using aluminum. Once designed finalized, will make POM version.

Last edited:

Raptor_N60

Caliper Novice
Nov 5, 2018
I actually liked the narrower and more subtle decorative strip of the Front CNC Chassis in the first prototype as opposed to the second one. The second one feels much more dominant and even offensive, but I do understand the design intent.

BillT

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Radiator on the bottom is Positive Pressure orientation (your preferred orientation for looks).

Radiator on the top is Negative Pressure orientation, aka exhaust mode

The smaller piece you are referring to is the Front CNC Chassis, the larger piece is the Front Lid.

The Front CNC Chassis provides structural support for the radiator / AIO / fan, so it must be aligned with the radiator / AIO / fan.

Since you like the look of the Positive Pressure orientation, I would tell you to get the Alphacool LT240, b/c I suspect a 240mm radiator = flipping the case will not yield more than 2C of temperature difference. That's the best solution.
I see now. Thanks for the detailed explanation!

But I can still get positive air pressure with rad on top just by flipping the fan right? Pulling air through the rad into the case. I know hot air is lighter but I've seen reviewers test it. Blowing up vs blowing down and the difference is minimal, probably because the fan's impact is way way bigger than hot air's lower density.

Regardless, for rad on bottom, you still need case feet for ventilation. And I think the case just looks magical without case feet. So I guess I'll just stick with rad on top with Alphacool LT240. The front is still decent looking even with Front Lid on bottom.

Is there just no chance that you'll make this a recurring product like Ncase M1 or Dan A4? Your decision obviously, but I feel like it's such a great design, it'll be a shame to just be an one time limited run.

It's literally the smallest no compromise case possible. Highest end CPU and GPU and plenty of cooling to keep them quiet and happy. Any smaller and you start to lose performance and cooling. Any bigger is unnecessary.

Reactions: Sashby

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Is there just no chance that you'll make this a recurring product like Ncase M1 or Dan A4? Your decision obviously, but I feel like it's such a great design, it'll be a shame to just be an one time limited run.

I don't want to put the horse before the carriage, I'll deal with that after batch 1.

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
I don't want to put the horse before the carriage, I'll deal with that after batch 1.

Didn't realize this was a one and done run. What's the plan for people interested? Will you be making a finite amount and selling until oos, or is the plan to do a pre order?

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Didn't realize this was a one and done run. What's the plan for people interested? Will you be making a finite amount and selling until oos, or is the plan to do a pre order?

I can't remember which page it was on, or I'd quote it... but @Wahaha360 said somewhere in this thread that he was funding this project himself without the use of crowd funding. I have already set aside money for this case when orders go live, so I'm ready! But I too am curious how the ordering process is going to go.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Right now I want to focus on product, let's finalize those things when the product is ironed out.

Tyki

Chassis Packer
Sep 29, 2016
So this is not going under the NCase brand then I guess due to Necere not being the main designer haha. I guess it is all under a SFFLAB brand with the different case types as revisions a la Silverstone.

Compared to the SM550 I'm interested to see how the L12S with fan, and 2 120mms on the bottom will do against it as it seems to really help out even with no fan. At what point does watercooling in a limited space become no longer worth it? But also maybe that's just me and my preference towards air.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So this is not going under the NCase brand then I guess due to Necere not being the main designer haha. I guess it is all under a SFFLAB brand with the different case types as revisions a la Silverstone.

Compared to the SM550 I'm interested to see how the L12S with fan, and 2 120mms on the bottom will do against it as it seems to really help out even with no fan. At what point does watercooling in a limited space become no longer worth it? But also maybe that's just me and my preference towards air.

Water cooling is really for overclocking.

If you don’t plan to OC, the Noctua L12S (70mm cooler height) is really the sweat spot for air.

Some people want to see OCed 9900K / 3700X / 3800X temps below 80C, for sub 10L case, prob not going happen without water cooling.

I will say this though, water cooling opens up more design options when designing the cooling for a case compare to air. This versatility in design is liberating in theory.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

SFFLAB is not a case or product brand, and it should never be - that was never the goal.

SFFLAB is more about splitting rent on web dev, shipping and some manufacturing.

dlal1520

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2017
I really look forward to the case and love the simple design and the changes so far. Cant wait for the prototypes coming together further

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
SFFLAB is not a case or product brand, and it should never be - that was never the goal.

SFFLAB is more about splitting rent on web dev, shipping and some manufacturing.

So this will be sold under the Ncase brand?