Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Most people do not sleep on a bed of money... And components are not ink cartridges. Modern society ??

A few years back, 60-70 was considered as hot for a CPU... Now 80-90 is OK...

I'm getting a thermometer so to measure how much heat there's in the case once the CPU silicon is at 90°.
I don't think CPUs are in trouble at 90°. Intel throttles them at 100°.
Possibly the motherboard could decrease its life expectancy. I will report on internal case temp soon.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
That's what I'm thinking, 2 options:
1. custom 240x 25mm radiator, 30 FPI for 25mm thick fan under SFX, 12-16FPI for 15mm thick fan under motherboard
2. custom 240 radiator 25mm thick in the front, 15mm thick in the back, for two 120x25mm thick fans

I absolutely love the idea of a custom radiator that has room for 2 25mm fans in the case you're developing. That was the first thing I thought of when you mentioned you were considering designing a custom rad to go with the new case.

Reactions: Tazpr

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
That's what I'm thinking, 2 options:
1. custom 240x 25mm radiator, 30 FPI for 25mm thick fan under SFX, 12-16FPI for 15mm thick fan under motherboard
2. custom 240 radiator 25mm thick in the front, 15mm thick in the back, for two 120x25mm thick fans
Well, those are fantastic ideas! If I have to choose one, I prefer the first one. This allow the use of the radiator in other cases, keeping a clean continue full profile of 25mm. ;)
But of course it should give better performance than the commercial one with a fixed FPI!

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
The Koolance is available on multiple websites in the US and EU.

I'm working on something semi-custom. Very similar to Aqua Computer radiators. This type of radiator is closer to CPU heatsink stacks than typical radiators. All else equal, performance is worse than traditional radiators, however, since I can customize the dimensions / volume / surface area for this project, it might offer interesting performance gains. This is experiment territory, so no idea on performance or ETA, it's not a priority.

may i ask where you are getting these custom radiators made? and what the cost is for prototypes?

Tyki

Chassis Packer
Sep 29, 2016
I don't know if it's already been said, but I'd also love to see the Big Shuriken 3 in the cooler test at 69mm tall. It looks to be a bit worse than the L12S on bench, but you never know the variables.

Reactions: Demon Boy Jr

RockZors

Trash Compacter
Aug 21, 2018
Is there a summary of changes for prototype 2? I didnt see anything on the main page and tried searching.

rindo

Efficiency Noob
Mar 22, 2019
Great, finally an alternative to the Dan C4 that isn't stuck in development hell. Here's hoping this project stays on track instead of wander to accommodate every need to "appeal everyone" which will never happen.
honestly, I find it has the flexibility Dan was looking for, it can accommodate 2 and 3 slots gpu, without any sort of sacrifice (and the delays...)

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
After feeling let down by Dans C4 missing progress (or rather the uncertainty if it will ever get released and what it might feature), this looks like it fits what I want to have in my next case - I'll definitely keep an eye on this.

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
Great, finally an alternative to the Dan C4 that isn't stuck in development hell. Here's hoping this project stays on track instead of wander to accommodate every need to "appeal everyone" which will never happen.
while your frustration with dondan's lack of direction in his project is understandable, imho it is not helpful to make snide comments like this that isn't constructive nor helpful to the community in general. people may work on their projects (i mean it's their own project after all) at their own pace and so does @dondan himself. simply being a potential client does not give ourselves the upper hand to urge anyone to work on their own project at one's desired pace nor flow.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Oh man, all this is amazing! Love to see the copper fins unpainted!

For the sake of performance, whatever fractional degree or % that really means, we are not painting the copper.

Ideally, I would prefer design of products to be honest, so the copper radiator should be copper.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
For the sake of performance, whatever fractional degree or % that really means, we are not painting the copper.

Ideally, I would prefer design of products to be honest, so the copper radiator should be copper.
We are on the same line! That’s GREAT!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Open Bench Testing is complete.

The Koolance 120mm HX-CU420V (Copper) is 3°C away from the Alphacool LT240 (Copper), which is equal or better than most 240mm (Aluminum) AIOs, like Corsair H100i Pro, NZXT X52.

In light of 2°C standard deviation expected for most test, my conclusion is why increase the dimensions for irrelevant performance gain.

*CPU NOT Delided

AIJIA 120 Custom Radiator

AIJIA 240 Custom Radiator

Alphacool LT240

Last edited:

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Is that 9900k on stock Solder or Delid? Either way that's one hot chip haha, think I'll stock to something with less cores. How much warmer can we expect the chip to run in the case?