Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Raptor_N60

Caliper Novice
Nov 5, 2018
If Corsair H60's results are acceptable, I think I'll use that instead of custom cooling. I think there are people like me that don't mind sacrificing some of the performance for a peace of mind.

Reactions: Bioforce and zzmadd

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
If Corsair H60's results are acceptable, I think I'll use that instead of custom cooling. I think there are people like me that don't mind sacrificing some of the performance for a peace of mind.

I been running it for a week, NO OC, it’s really fine. I will compare it to the Noctua L12S, U9S and D15, which I have on hand. However, I’ve been using my Noctua’s Secure Mount 2.0 and Kryonaut on the H60 2018, and I think it makes 2C+ difference (gotta test to quantify).

I actually think the Corsair H60 2018 at $40-$70 might be the best for value / performance / compatibility.

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
I been running it for a week, NO OC, it’s really fine. I will compare it to the Noctua L12S, U9S and D15, which I have on hand. However, I’ve been using my Noctua’s Secure Mount 2.0 and Kryonaut on the H60 2018, and I think it makes 2C+ difference (gotta test to quantify).

I actually think the Corsair H60 2018 at $40-$70 might be the best for value / performance / compatibility.

Thanks for testing, what you said it's probably what I was looking for:
"the Corsair H60 2018 at $40-$70 might be the best for value / performance / compatibility"

Interesting, so you can use the Noctua Secure Mount 2.0 with any cooler obviously. Why is it better than Corsair own mounting kit?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
CPU Cooler Testing

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

Best quality I can get on a cellphone :p

Don't want to be the asshole in the chat but it does not represent what the loop or ambient temp within the case.

People did the exact same thing while waiting for the ghost. When we got the final product the temps were way off because of a lack of air movement within the case. This is due to the fact there was no room for an intake fan without a tophat.

I really want to get this case to replace my ghost and I believe that with your previous experience designing cases it will be a winner.

If your going to do temp tests, you might as well do it inside an enclosure which can accurately represent the case you currently have designed and make changes based on those temps.

I just don't want to see history repeating itself.

Reactions: Engr62

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
But the guys at Loque did a document where they tested a bunch of air coolers inside the Ghost. Am I wrong?

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Don't want to be the asshole in the chat but it does not represent what the loop or ambient temp within the case.

People did the exact same thing while waiting for the ghost. When we got the final product the temps were way off because of a lack of air movement within the case. This is due to the fact there was no room for an intake fan without a tophat.

I really want to get this case to replace my ghost and I believe that with your previous experience designing cases it will be a winner.

If your going to do temp tests, you might as well do it inside an enclosure which can accurately represent the case you currently have designed and make changes based on those temps.

I think it’s mostly to test the difference between the different coolers. Some of those Noctua’s won’t fit the case and are being tested to see how efficient the 120mm radiators are compared to other bigger coolers.

I’m sure testing inside the case will come later.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

I’m just trying to find relative performance for now, I will test again in Prototype 2 when I have it, but this open bench test will narrow it down to 2-3 coolers.

Also, Prototype 2 has major ventilation changes that makes it prototype 1 a bad proxy.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
@gwertheim we do get your point but we know why it's happening. It is not a representation of the case usage but a relative performance of the 120mm solution that wahaha recommended for his case against other cooling solution.

Actual testing inside the case will come in later.

Reactions: fabio

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I’m just trying to find relative performance for now, I will test again in Prototype 2 when I have it, but this open bench test will narrow it down to 2-3 coolers.

Also, Prototype 2 has major ventilation changes that makes it prototype 1 a bad proxy.

Good to know thx

Reactions: fabio

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Based on the rumored AMD 3850x and its supposed TDP of 135 Watts, would it be unreasonable to expect the Alphacool Eisbaer LT 240 to cool that cpu at stock settings with no throttling in this case? I would be expecting to run it along with an EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra.