Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
who can know... nobody has the case, you´ll have to wait till someone actually tries it.

But talking without knowing... yes, you can avoid that problem on the gpu side, and get another one on the cpu side... this is the beauty of SFF (in my opinion) is not a straight forward path, you will probably have some challenges to reach your target.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Can anyone answer this?
Probably easier to install in the three-slot orientation so that you're not having to get crazy with the GPU fittings. You can see in OT's video that he's running a two-slot setup, and there's a considerable amount of leftover space on the CPU side, while he can't put the panel on on the GPU side (even though he's already using low profile fittings). The T1 is super limited on buffer space, so you just have less space to work with in general on the GPU side than you typically would.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Update 2020-02-18 : Radiator Box / Top Hat clarification.

1. I'm working with motherboard brands to make Mini-ITX and Mini-DTX mobos.
2. As part of the co-branding, I designed a T1 variant with a Radiator Box / Top Hat that would allow for 30mm thick 240 radiators.

This Radiator Box / Top Hat might have to be an exclusive to the motherboard brand and their distributors, it also kills the space efficiency of the whole case, so I'm not too hot about it.
What? You’re co-designing motherboard’s now? That sounds very exciting! No wonder you compromised with the radiator box.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Do you know what city the cases are manufactured in? I live in Shanghai and the situation is getting much better. Many people are back outside and the city is becoming much busier. If the manufacturing is in Wuhan then I think the case would take a while to get back up.

1. $200
2. Working on it, no ETA yet
3. No, shipping to China will be very cheap, $5 - $10
4. I bought a SilverStone SG05, didn't like it, decided to make my own
5. Side hustle
If my guess is correct, then both the factory and warehouse for T1 are in Guangdong, particularly in the Greater Bay Area and more specifically either in Shenzhen or Dongguan. Many 'smaller scale' cases are manufactured there.

In Guangdong, roughly about 92% of the business are back in business now. But manpower is still roughly at 60% for the labour workers because they are not from Guangdong. They had travelled back to their home towns in other provinces for CNY and now need time to come back. Obviously this affects more factories and warehouses than offices. I am not saying the T1 is manufactured in Dongguan but I am reporting a general situation.

BTW, shouldn't it be 'shipping within China' instead of 'shipping to China'? Must be a typo.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
If my guess is correct, then both the factory and warehouse for T1 are in Guangdong, particularly in the Greater Bay Area and more specifically either in Shenzhen or Dongguan. Many 'smaller scale' cases are manufactured there.

In Guangdong, roughly about 92% of the business are back in business now. But manpower is still roughly at 60% for the labour workers because they are not from Guangdong. They had travelled back to their home towns in other provinces for CNY and now need time to come back. Obviously this affects more factories and warehouses than offices. I am not saying the T1 is manufactured in Dongguan but I am reporting a general situation.

BTW, shouldn't it be 'shipping within China' instead of 'shipping to China'? Must be a typo.

The T1 is warehouses in DongGuan because it’s closed to HK, where you can ship to more countries.

T1 is made by multiple factories across China. It’s very rare a single factory in China can do it all.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Can anyone answer this?

Optimumtech had a problem with EK GPU block in 2-slot mode because regular fittings are too tall.

All you need is this:

I think Optimumtech will show this in his next video. So it’s not complicated, just buy this fitting and you will have 70mm left for Mobo side.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
What about if fans are between top cover and rad? 15mm only? Ali shows better thermals in that direction in one of his vids, vs having rad in between top panel and fans in his Ghost.

You can already do that in the T1, Optimumtech showed that config in his latest video.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I am guessing he's a 3rd generation cobbler for the top 1% of Hong Kong's elite with dreams of having a sandwich case empire.

Not Hong Kong elite, but I’m no different than a house keeper, just paid better.

So I have enough free time to have a hobby / side hustle.

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
Update 2020-02-18 : Radiator Box / Top Hat clarification.

1. I'm working with motherboard brands to make Mini-ITX and Mini-DTX mobos.
2. As part of the co-branding, I designed a T1 variant with a Radiator Box / Top Hat that would allow for 30mm thick 240 radiators.

This Radiator Box / Top Hat might have to be an exclusive to the motherboard brand and their distributors, it also kills the space efficiency of the whole case, so I'm not too hot about it.

Emm.. this may sound like a good idea but requiring a Top Hat is the main reason I skip the Ghost because it ruins the looks.. probably better to focus on designing another case with 240mm aio support out of the box, like the sidearmd 240aio project that’s already in the works

Drnrcr

Caliper Novice
Jan 1, 2019
I'm honestly just amazed at the temps this thing is getting. As someone who has a nCase and a Dan case the balance of performance and temps are real. Obviously the nCase isn't as hard due to the 240 support but my Dan case used to shut down cause of m.2. Temps. Can't wait to build in this case

race2c

Caliper Novice
Dec 5, 2019
Thats awesome to see @Wahaha360 getting into the motherboard game. Any specifics on when those will be announced or details on that effort?

Yes, I completely understand on maintaining focus on T1. Just would be interesting to see /learn about the strategy of motherboards moving forward.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thats awesome to see @Wahaha360 getting into the motherboard game. Any specifics on when those will be announced or details on that effort?

Yes, I completely understand on maintaining focus on T1. Just would be interesting to see /learn about the strategy of motherboards moving forward.

The motherboard is a group effort.

Once we finalize, it all be a major announcement, this will affect all the indie makers on the forum, probably Noctua as well.

This motherboard, if technically achievable, will transform the versatility and reliability of traditional layout (like M1) and sandwich layout (A4, Ghost S1, Steck, T1, Velka), and horizontal layout (NFC Sentry).

Last edited:

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
The motherboard is a group effort.

Once we finalize, it all be a major announcement, this will affect all the indie makers on the forum, probably Noctua as well.

This motherboard, if technically achievable, will transform the versatility and reliability of traditional layout (like M1) and sandwich layout (A4, Ghost S1, Steck, T1, Velka), and horizontal layout (NFC Sentry).

Wow, seems like some very interesting stuff is coming soon then. Definitely going to wait on any future CPU upgrades until we hear more news.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
just finished changing the tubing out on my LT240 to 8/11 epdm (WIP pic), and what i found while draining the loop after ~5 months of use (dat september t1 release date) was that there was a considerable amount of plasticizer in the coolant, and that the cape kelvin was noticeably dirty (likely due to the former). so i'd say it's probably best for those of you who are not interested in maintaining your loop to go with either a 120 aio that uses rubber tubing, or wait until the tmach1/t1 tophat release so that you can use a more plug-and-play friendly 240 aio.

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018

That's sexy. Do it!

Optimumtech had a problem with EK GPU block in 2-slot mode because regular fittings are too tall.

All you need is this:

I think Optimumtech will show this in his next video. So it’s not complicated, just buy this fitting and you will have 70mm left for Mobo side.

Awesome!

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
just finished changing the tubing out on my LT240 to 8/11 epdm (WIP pic), and what i found while draining the loop after ~5 months of use (dat september t1 release date) was that there was a considerable amount of plasticizer in the coolant, and that the cape kelvin was noticeably dirty (likely due to the former). so i'd say it's probably best for those of you who are not interested in maintaining your loop to go with either a 120 aio that uses rubber tubing, or wait until the tmach1/t1 tophat release so that you can use a more plug-and-play friendly 240 aio.
Was that stock coolant still in the loop for that 5 months?