Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Or you can just look for EK ZMT tubing which is the exact same thing just easier to find the size you need. You can get it at PPC in the US or dazmode.com/ in Canada. If you are lucky, you might be able to find an LT240 on those same sites.

EK ZMT (Zero Maintenance Tubing) is a high quality, zero maintenance, industrial grade EPDM rubber tubing in stylish matte black.

My recommendation was for the stock fittings only (which none of EKWB's EPDM will work with). Obviously, if someone were to purchase more commonly-sized fittings, then the available tubing options would open up immensely for them.
Was browsing the alphacool site and found a couple of interesting things.

What do you guys think of these alphacool hoses from their Enterprise Series? They call them TPV hoses and the material its made of is "Material: Thermoplastic vulcanizates, EPDM/PP"
https://www.alphacool.com/shop/tube...tpv-12-7/7-6-black-matte-3-3m-10ft-retail-box

They also recommend these fittings for a tighter and more secure grip:
https://www.alphacool.com/shop/fitt...mpression-fitting-tpv-straight-black-6pcs-kit

I will probably just use the included hoses in the LT240 with hopes for the release of the 3D Printed Hard Tubes.

For those brave enough to make a full custom loop, I think this would be perfect for tight spaces. Appears to be from their Enterprise Series as well and I think made to order.

NOTE: I don't work for alphacool, I promise! ?

Last edited:
Reactions: hereforthefeast

dashy218

What's an ITX?
Jun 26, 2019
I would love to do the shipping test for the Taiwan!

Focus on this project since it started, really hope I have the honor to have this chance!!!

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
What do you guys think of these alphacool hoses from their Enterprise Series? They call them TPV hoses and the material its made of is "Material: Thermoplastic vulcanizates, EPDM/PP"
https://www.alphacool.com/shop/tube...tpv-12-7/7-6-black-matte-3-3m-10ft-retail-box

https://www.alphacool.com/shop/fitt...mpression-fitting-tpv-straight-black-6pcs-kit
The tubing itself should be fine (all of the new Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora AIO's use it), I'd be more concerned with being stuck in what is effectively a "proprietary" ecosystem for the fittings though as they're what- 5/16" ID, 1/2" OD? Really odd size, and I don't think anyone else makes it. So with that tubing you basically either buy their fittings (and they only offer a handful of options), or you're stuck trying to stretch it onto a 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD fitting (may be do-able)/hoping there's enough slack in a 5/16" ID, 7/16" OD fitting (the stock LT240 fittings) that the tube can compress inside it.

Reactions: PBJ

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Was browsing the alphacool site and found a couple of interesting things.

I will probably just use the included hoses in the LT240 with hopes for the release of the 3D Printed Hard Tubes.

For those brave enough to make a full custom loop, I think this would be perfect for tight spaces. Appears to be from their Enterprise Series as well and I think made to order.

NOTE: I don't work for alphacool, I promise! ?

Thx for the info, gonna rip out the fittings and hoses anyway and go with the ek solution. I will know 100% that everything goes together and there will be no leaks (even if some of my parts are taking the long way direct from EK).

Reactions: PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
The tubing itself should be fine (all of the new Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora AIO's use it), I'd be more concerned with being stuck in what is effectively a "proprietary" ecosystem for the fittings though as they're what- 5/16" ID, 1/2" OD? Really odd size, and I don't think anyone else makes it. So with that tubing you basically either buy their fittings (and they only offer a handful of options), or you're stuck trying to stretch it onto a 3/8" ID, 1/2" OD fitting (may be do-able)/hoping there's enough slack in a 5/16" ID, 7/16" OD fitting (the stock LT240 fittings) that the tube can compress inside it.
I found it interesting because those EPDM hoses are thinner than the ones from EK for example and probably better for SFF in that regard, but you got a good point.

Something that caught my eye about the fittings though is that they’re made from Nylon. As a material, I generally prefer metal and stay away from plastic but I’m not sure if it matters in this case. Any thoughts?

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Thx for the info, gonna rip out the fittings and hoses anyway and go with the ek solution. I will know 100% that everything goes together and there will be no leaks (even if some of my parts are taking the long way direct from EK).
I’ll likely do the same, because I think I’ll still have to use that QDC if I shorten the hoses. Less probability of leaks.

I’m still trying to decide what to replace them with. If possible, let me know how it goes when you get around to it.

neyurt

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 26, 2018
USA - California, 1 slot available

I'm a high-end builder with both experience in wanky custom modded builds and custom loops. Started getting myself into SFF Water-cooled system on my last build and is very interested in doing different build on this case (already own a 3-slot 2080 Ti FTW3 card - so super stoked for this case to experiment with builds around it).

Let me know if the spot is still available. Can check my previous posts/threads on custom mods/builds.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I'm a high-end builder with both experience in wanky custom modded builds. Started getting myself into SFF Water-cooled system on my last build and is very interested in doing different build on this case (already own a 3-slot 2080 Ti FTW3 card - so super stoked for this case to experiment with builds around it).

Let me know if the spot is still available. Can check my previous posts/threads on custom mods/builds.

You need to sign up on the spreadsheet, check the first post

Reactions: neyurt

gteixeira

Caliper Novice
Dec 31, 2019
Watching Optimum Tech's video made me realize how cool the technical solutions are with this case.

Maybe this was already answered, but since the motherboard standoffs are connected to the beams that also act as load bearing structures on the case + the image from post #2603, is there a cooler weight limit for the T1?

I ordered a thermalright axp-100 full copper, and the concern suddenly popped up.

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
I found it interesting because those EPDM hoses are thinner than the ones from EK for example and probably better for SFF in that regard, but you got a good point.

Something that caught my eye about the fittings though is that they’re made from Nylon. As a material, I generally prefer metal and stay away from plastic but I’m not sure if it matters in this case. Any thoughts?
Yeah I wouldn't exactly jump for joy at owning plastic fittings, but they actually don't look too bad when combined with the tubing, and then I assume that they're fine in terms of durability if Alphacool is using them on all of their new AIO's.

One curious thing is that they're grouping the TPV fittings with the 13/10 (1/2" OD, 3/8" ID) fittings on their website, so they might actually be stretching the 8mm inner tubing out on to 10mm fittings instead of using oddball-sized ones. If that's the case, then you'd actually have tons of options for proper fittings, and that would also make the TPV tubing a pretty solid readily-available option for custom runs in the T1.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Node 202 is a completely different style of case, do you want a console style case or sandwich? This case will perform far better than the Node I'm sure.
I really like sandwich style cases but every single one I find is not available in China. Do you believe that the sidearmd t1 will be able to be bought by March?

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
3D printed Hardline? I dont think that would be viable from a production standpoint. Also curious what method of print is being proposed. SLA is the only one that comes to mind that might work.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
3D printed Hardline? I dont think that would be viable from a production standpoint. Also curious what method of print is being proposed. SLA is the only one that comes to mind that might work.

Special expensive machines with a special process which can't be done at home.

If u want to know more, you have to dig through the pages. I am guessing sometimes after new years I think

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Watching Optimum Tech's video made me realize how cool the technical solutions are with this case.

Maybe this was already answered, but since the motherboard standoffs are connected to the beams that also act as load bearing structures on the case + the image from post #2603, is there a cooler weight limit for the T1?

I ordered a thermalright axp-100 full copper, and the concern suddenly popped up.

The struts are insanely strong. Brass standoffs are used with ATX cases and much heavier coolers like Noctua D15.

It will be fine.

Reactions: gteixeira