Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I love the direction this is going. The build I envision:
NhL12-s
3600x
2 slot RX3080 (or whatever AMD announces tomorrow)
SF 600 platinum
120x25mm Fans exhausting at top

I'm more comfortable with air, but will use that rad space for bigger fans.

vpri

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2018
There needs to be a point where you say we can't support everything, it would defeat the purpose of the form factor.

That being said, this will be the first time playing with watercooling so I am kind of excited for this

That's true. There are already many limitations that come from adopting ITX / SFF. I noticed though we're all putting powerful stuff in our SFF cases, that's why I think there is something to be said about supporting 240mm AIO, even if it's only the AlphaCool LT240, I'd be ok with it.

EMBIGGEN!

That is... I am perfectly happy to see this grow slightly. I feel it might give better options for positive airflow with a rad exhausting up top.

Yeah I agree, although let's not forget this is @Wahaha360 project. I'm eager to hear what's next.

I love the direction this is going. The build I envision:
NhL12-s
3600x
2 slot RX3080 (or whatever AMD announces tomorrow)
SF 600 platinum
120x25mm Fans exhausting at top

I'm more comfortable with air, but will use that rad space for bigger fans.

Not sure the power consumption on that CPU, we'll see tomorrow, but it seems it might be running hot.

Last edited:

Esso

Cable Smoosher
Nov 23, 2017
Yeah I agree, although let's not forget this is @Wahaha360 project. I'm eager to hear what's next.

Absolutely, agreed. It's feedback if anything... I've become a positive air snob over the years :)

I'll admit, I was provoked by one of your previous posts on the matter: "I wonder what the majority of users here think about it." ;)

Last edited:

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Not sure the power consumption on that CPU, we'll see tomorrow, but it seems it might be running hot.

Well, looks like my build will be mid summer at this point. I want to wait for a 3000 AMD CPU. And Vega 7..... Looks a bit more power hungry than I expected. At least Corsair has it covered with the SF 750 psu. But so much heat

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Now this is a cool case, not sure if it's enough to pull me away from the Thor Mjolnir, but I certainly appreciate the internal layout decisions!

Reactions: dlal1520

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I don't know how I managed to miss this project, but I'm really diggin what you're doing here! Obviously it's tough to say this early in the game, but if this project is successful... will you do more than one run? Or is this only planned as a one-off kind of project?

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
I love it. Again, the only issue I have is the limited clearance for the bottom intakes, I'd love to see 10mm feet or something like the Streacom DA2 or maybe just 2 wraparound "feet" in that style, don't know what the term is for that but hopefully you get what I mean. For a case that relies on bottom intake for all CPU/GPU cooling, I think it's worth giving it a bit more room. Yes, you can flip it, but it should work well in both orientations.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I love it. Again, the only issue I have is the limited clearance for the bottom intakes, I'd love to see 10mm feet or something like the Streacom DA2 or maybe just 2 wraparound "feet" in that style, don't know what the term is for that but hopefully you get what I mean. For a case that relies on bottom intake for all CPU/GPU cooling, I think it's worth giving it a bit more room. Yes, you can flip it, but it should work well in both orientations.

I believe the case feet just haven’t been added to the renders yet. Perhaps they will be added after the design and layout have been finalized.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

CES 2019, special thanks to 3lfk1ng for thermal testing and volunteering his Ghost S1 + 26mm Top Hat.

240mm AI0 might be unecessary - the Koolance HX-CU420V radiator and Noctua Sterrox fan combo is so impressive on the i9-9900K.

Test Setup
SideArmD Project Prototype 1
Intel i9-9900K + Asus Z390 ITX
Fr33Flow 48mm CPU Block + Pump Prototype 1
Koolance HX-CU420V Radiator (120x30mm, 30FPI, *Copper)
Noctua Sterrox Fan (120x25mm, one mounted on Koolance radiator, one beneath motherboard)
Nvidia RTX Titan
Samsung 960 EVO SSD

Results
Ambient temperature probably around ~25C
WITHOUT OC, CPU-Z stress test max temperature ~65C
OC all 8 core to 5ghz, (unstable & ran out of time to test more), ~85C
* there is no side panel on the CPU side (it was late, prototype 2 is more relevant for benchmark)
* case in pull mode, where radiator is on the bottom, 5mm feet
* thanks to 3lfk1ng, |||, PlayfulPhoenix, 3feetcat, for helping despite insane schedule during CES

Prototype 2 revision
move PSU and GPU upward to allow better airflow from fans, so temps should be better
add cable mgmt clasps

Last edited:

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Really exciting to see pictures of a prototype after seeing renders. Looks so good and the components seem to fit nicely. What model of Koolance radiator was used?

Looks amazing. Keep it up!

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019

CES 2019, special thanks to 3lfk1ng for thermal testing and volunteering his Ghost S1 + 26mm Top Hat.

We may not even need the 240mm AIO. because Koolance radiator and Noctua fan combo is so impressive on i9-9900K.

This is impressive news! waiting for the temp results and all the information you can share! :p

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

We may not even need the 240mm AIO. because Koolance radiator and Noctua fan combo is so impressive on i9-9900K.
Eager to test it! I am in the Streacom DA2 with a 240, same MB and CPU than you! Which Rad are you using?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Eager to test it! I am in the Streacom DA2 with a 240, same MB and CPU than you! Which Rad are you using?

Test Setup
SideArmD Project Prototype 1
Intel i9-9900K + Asus Z390 ITX
Fr33Flow 48mm CPU Block + Pump Prototype 1
Koolance HX-CU420V Radiator (120x30mm, 30FPI, *Copper)
Noctua Sterrox Fan (120x25mm, one mounted on Koolance radiator, one beneath motherboard)
Nvidia RTX Titan
Samsung 960 EVO SSD

Results
Ambient temperature probably around ~25C
WITHOUT OC, CPU-Z stress test max temperature ~65C
OC all 8 core to 5ghz, (unstable & ran out of time to test more), ~85C
* there is no side panel on the CPU side (it was late, prototype 2 is more relevant for benchmark)
* case in pull mode, where radiator is on the bottom, 5mm feet
* thanks to 3lfk1ng, |||, PlayfulPhoenix, 3feetcat, for helping despite insane schedule during CES

Prototype 2 revision
move PSU and GPU upward to allow better airflow from fans, so temps should be better
add cable mgmt clasps