Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
That's one sexy frame you have there... I just bought an M1, and you're going to make my wife really upset with me when I inevitably buy this one when you release it. Great work on this project, dude!

Reactions: HZCH and rfarmer

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
I can’t quite tell from those angles, is there room to spare on top of the heatsink before what would be the side panel? Any measurement on the distance if so?

Thanks for the regular updates!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I can’t quite tell from those angles, is there room to spare on top of the heatsink before what would be the side panel? Any measurement on the distance if so?

Thanks for the regular updates!

There are about 20mm from the top of the CPU cooler fins to the Top Panel

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Maybe you guys know. What do you think is the most efficient AIO 120mm cooler?
Thanks

What do you mean by efficient? Dimensions vs performance?

The Koolance HX-CU420V radiator that I'm using is probably the as good as it gets for cooling potential from a 120mm radiator. It happens to be the most compact in dimensions as well among the 120mm radiators. I know the HWL 120GTS is being used by some, but if you calculate the cooling surface area, (HWL 120GTS has ~ 11% more surface area b/c it's 13mm wider, however, Koolance HX-CU420V has 87.5% more fin density), so the Koolance should be better

However, you are not going to get the best performance without 1) high static fan, 2) a pump with great flow rate. This sandwich / A4 layout is also more restrictive layout for airflow, you also need a fan that has great airflow in addition to static pressure.

Koolance HX-CU420V + Noctua Sterrox 120mm + DDC Block Pump is probably as good as it gets.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

The Koolance HX-CU420V radiator that I'm using is probably the as good as it gets for cooling potential from a 120mm radiator. It happens to be the most compact in dimensions as well among the 120mm radiators. I know the HWL 120GTS is being used by some, but if you calculate the cooling surface area, (HWL 120GTS has ~ 11% more surface area b/c it's 13mm wider, however, Koolance HX-CU420V has 87.5% more fin density), so the Koolance should be better

However, you are not going to get the best performance without 1) high static fan, 2) a pump with great flow rate. This sandwich / A4 layout is also more restrictive layout for airflow, you also need a fan that has great airflow in addition to static pressure.

Koolance HX-CU420V + Noctua Sterrox 120mm + DDC Block Pump is probably as good as it gets.
@Wahaha360 , your project is becoming better and better!!

BTW, I really suggest to you to try the HW Labs Nemesis LS 120mm. The fpi are not always a matter of performance! Is the reason why the GTS with medium fan sometimes is better than thicker rad. Just try and let me know! It will be great as well to try a 120mm Slim noctua with the XSPC TX. Maybe I can test it on my DAN!

ELROI

Efficiency Noob
Jan 23, 2019
Wow! This one's gorgeous! I'm so glad I found this forum lol. It reminds me of the NZXT 3340 or the h500 both of which I love and own. All these new minimalist SFF cases I'm seeing is making it hard to choose. Out of all of them I think this is my favorite looking, although, I really would like to have at least a 240mm AIO for my cpu.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 , your project is becoming better and better!!

BTW, I really suggest to you to try the HW Labs Nemesis LS 120mm. The fpi are not always a matter of performance! Is the reason why the GTS with medium fan sometimes is better than thicker rad. Just try and let me know! It will be great as well to try a 120mm Slim noctua with the XSPC TX. Maybe I can test it on my DAN!

I can test the HWL 120GT.

I sent you a PM, let's coordinate, I'll be in EU in 2 weeks. We can benchmark DDC vs. DCLT combined with Koolance HX-CU420V vs HWL 120GTS, on Noctua Sterrox fans, open bench table

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
What about power button? Don't fstroy the beutfulbe minimalsimwith ports or power button. Maybe some touch variant , external or on the backside. Maybe intigrate it into the side went. Hidden. Touch.

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017

Thanks for you reply.
Do you actually plan of doing some comparative tests in the case or in a similar case so there's some data to be able to pick the best combination of cooling capacity and noise level? Maybe even throwinf in results from an 120mm AIO like Corsair, Be Quiet..blabla...
Do you actually have a DDC Block Pump that you would recommend?

Thanks again!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for you reply.
Do you actually plan of doing some comparative tests in the case or in a similar case so there's some data to be able to pick the best combination of cooling capacity and noise level? Maybe even throwinf in results from an 120mm AIO like Corsair, Be Quiet..blabla...
Do you actually have a DDC Block Pump that you would recommend?

Thanks again!

In short yes, I'm coordinating with @optimumtech and @dondan, this affects the C4 and M1 as well.

Here are a list of parts we are interested in:

Alphacool Esibear DC-LT Pump
Fr33flow CPU Block DDC Pump
Koolance HX-CU420V
HWL 120GTS
Alphacool NexXxos ST30
Corsair H60 (2018)
Corsair H100i Pro
XSPC TX240

Last edited:

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
In short yes, I'm coordinating with @optimumtech and @dondan, this affects the C4 and M1 as well.

Here are a list of parts we are interested in:

Alphacool Esibear DC-LT Pump
Fr33flow CPU Block DDC Pump
Koolance HX-CU420V
HWL 120GTS
Alphacool NexXxos ST30
Corsair H60 (2018)
Corsair H100i Pro
XSPC TX240

Sounds really good!!
It'd be awesome to see objective results from these coolers made from one source.
I'll definitely keep an eye on this. A lot to be learned.
Thanks again.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Nah, I want to give people data so they know 240 AIO is unnecessary.

Exactly. Even more it's not such a good performer. Just struggled with it in a NZXT H200 with i5 9600K @5.0. These CPUs are really hot and the power consumption was insane for an i5 compared to the previous i5 8600K. I got 220W at wall and struggling to keep 90° in Cinebench.
Prime 95 mostly unsustainable.
so I'm really curious to compare the data.

Last edited: