Concept FormD T1 V2.0

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Do you think that rounded corners are a real necessity?
The Razer Tomahawk does not have any rounded corners at all and still manage to look really good.

With that said I'm not sure if a boxy version of the current design could work, just asking out of curiosity.

T1 has the boxy look covered.

The is the rounded look, for people who don't want the boxy look.

promaty

Caliper Novice
Jun 15, 2019
I was considering T1, but I like this version more. That 240 rad support can really make a difference for CPU+GPU custom loops. Also you make it compatible with all 240 AIOs in the world so more clients to cover.

Reactions: bricemx

Jakyrian

Caliper Novice
Jan 15, 2018
If you're considering creating a top hat for the T1 that would allow the use of a 240 AIO, what functionality does this case have over it?

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
If you're considering creating a top hat for the T1 that would allow the use of a 240 AIO, what functionality does this case have over it?
Well, IMO, it’s a matter of aesthetics. A case with a “Top-Hat” will never look as good as a case designed from the ground up with 240mm AIO compatibility.

Edit: That’s not to say this case won’t have other benefits.That I can’t answer.

Last edited:

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
T1 has the boxy look covered.

The is the rounded look, for people who don't want the boxy look.

I love the boxy look, sad to be reading this..

If it’s like the second picture (one with vertical and horizontal cases side by side) with minimal curves I might still be interested in final product.
If it’s like the first pic with really rounded curves all my interest in this case is gone lol

but it’s cool changing it up I guess case to case giving people options!

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
@Wahaha360 Do we have an idea of how cooling will work in the vertical orientation? Would it still have the same 70mm cpu cooler clearance as the T1 or even more given the dimensions?

Also would I be correct to assume that the extra height of the vertical orientation is to accommodate the cables coming out of the case so that they're hidden?

Thermo

Caliper Novice
Feb 11, 2020
You know, I really think it's time that more PC hardware steps up the industrial design to apple levels. It seems only the SFF guys get that. I'm not saying it needs to look the same, but attention to detail and quality instead of just using flashy RGB, sharp angles, etc to draw attention. I really am impressed with the quality and design that makers on this forum have toward their designs.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 Do we have an idea of how cooling will work in the vertical orientation? Would it still have the same 70mm cpu cooler clearance as the T1 or even more given the dimensions?

Also would I be correct to assume that the extra height of the vertical orientation is to accommodate the cables coming out of the case so that they're hidden?

Yes, same layout and feature as T1.

Yea, to make room for cable coming out from the Top.

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
If vertical design per se, the Corsair One internal layout, I/O site is quite good. Possible to do it that way rather than having cables coming from top?

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
The vertical case is inspired by the MachOne.

Do you think it's possible to only use mesh as outer panels (check image below)? The MachOne looked incredible, would be nice to keep some design aspects if possible.

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
For what my opinion might be worth, aesthetically I usually value higher horizontal sandwich layouts better than vertical ones which frequently tend to be a bit too tall, tower-y and relatively bland for my taste. It'd be nice if one day we could be able to fit standardised componentes in vertical chasis that are a bit more boxier and still compact, but as of today that's probably just wishful thinking.

That aside, even if it's detrimental to the function of the case, it's a bit of a shame that the front panel of this design loses the 'bi-piece / bi-color' personality of the original T1.

Last edited:

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
The horizontal layout looks like a better looking Ghost S1, especially in that silver anodizing.

I would gladly trade up from my Ghost to this when the time comes. Although I do like the copper top grill...

Reactions: Shinken1