Concept FormD T1 V2.0

pyroxide

Caliper Novice
Aug 14, 2019
Update 2020-02-16 : Horizontal or Vertical, hard to decide

Great artists steal, so credit to B&O 17

1. Same sandwich layout like T1, 3-15mm aluminum + CNC + anodizing frame, same high flow mesh for optimal thermals / lower fan speed / noise
2. Hoping to get prototype by Computex.
3. Black color in the works. Window in the works. 2020Q4
4.Target price $150-$200

Can’t decide on horizontal vs vertical ?
Horizontal: 136x192x326mm, 8.5L
Horizontal with 240AIO: 136x232x326mm, 10.3L
Vertical: 136x222x370mm, 11.7L
I REALLY like the mesh all around the sides and the vertical design. I would like to have either on my desk, but in black.

I am a bit surprised with the 136mm dimension. So close to allowing a 280 AIO. Though it might become more inefficient with space at that point, unless you found a way to mount more drives.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I like the design, and I think I'd like the horizontal orientation more. Personally, I don't like cables coming out the top of the case, really hard to make them look good, but if you can find a way around this I might like the vertical orientation a bit more.

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
I like the design, and I think I'd like the horizontal orientation more. Personally, I don't like cables coming out the top of the case, really hard to make them look good, but if you can find a way around this I might like the vertical orientation a bit more.
We only speculate about the internals at this point, but I guess it *could* be possible to rotate the mobo to have the plugs on the bottom and then deal with a more exotic pcie riser configuration (most of them don't like sharp bends I guess)...

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
Volume will be increased for vertical orientation. To hide the cables(either at top or bottom). Even with the said increased volume, I would still vote vertical. A 45 degree folding of PCIe ribbon is just asking for RMA. Anyway I'll not rule that out, maybe wahaha can think of new cost effective solution

Duckferd

Case Bender
New User
Feb 13, 2020
The vertical layout is my preference, as there are a large number of horizontal cases in existence and it would be nice to see something more unique. Do you have a mockup of the internal layout? I'm wondering how cooling would be configured with the 3 mesh panels.

Questions: I notice the width difference between the "Horizontal with 240AIO" vs the Vertical, does the 10mm make a difference for AIO compatibility in the vertical case? Would the extra tallness/length be used for graphics card compatibility or cable management purposes?

Reactions: fboom and Nalnig

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Curious to know what the difference is in the horizontal 8.5L option and the Sidearmd T1? Is the liter or so difference in size the ability to fit a 120mm aio?

Dapoktan

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2019
I've been delaying my build bc of the sidarmd... Now you show me this? You killing me haha

I see that it's aiming for q4.. I'll keep my eye on this

Reactions: bricemx

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Damn, now I am questioning myself, should I go for the T1 when it's out or wait at least another 6-8 months and go for the AIO supported case ?

The horizontal version looks better for sure, btw

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Damn, now I am questioning myself, should I go for the T1 when it's out or wait at least another 6-8 months and go for the AIO supported case ?

I'm probably gonna get both, but at this rate I'm not sure my bank account will approve of what I'm doing.

thompsoff

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 11, 2020

The irony is that in 6 to 8 months we might get the new Zen3 architecture, Nvidia 3XXX gen etc. meaning (hopefully) better thermals, meaning (maybe) less interest in having a watercooled solution and in fine a modified case to support it... which you would have wainted for months. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul_Est and Kuzan

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
I prefer the the horizontal by far, but is the mesh front the final design ?? i much preferred the solid front panel of the T1, as others said all the lines ruin the look.

Last edited:

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Don't run the mesh horizontally, use the same design and run it vertically instead.

This way = front and back panel CNC aluminum. Top, sides and bottom: mesh

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
Don't run the mesh horizontally, use the same design and run it vertically instead.

This way = front and back panel CNC aluminum. Top, sides and bottom: mesh

I would prefer this design as well. Basically take the mesh area of the horizontal design and apply it to the vertical design.

I wouldn't mind the vertical design being slightly bigger since you're still getting a smaller footprint compared to a horizontal space. I wouldn't mind if the top was extended slightly to hide the cables that would come out of the top of the case (assuming the motherboard is oriented that way).

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
The irony is that in 6 to 8 months we might get the new Zen3 architecture, Nvidia 3XXX gen etc. meaning (hopefully) better thermals, meaning (maybe) less interest in having a watercooled solution and in fine a modified case to support it... which you would have wainted for months. ?

It’s likely true they will be more efficient, but the manufacturers will definitely pack more cores into the package. So most likely get better performance but the TDP will remain the same.

promaty

Caliper Novice
Jun 15, 2019
Fantastic design, I would buy this right now.
The problem with vertical is that all cables will come out from top ruining the look.
I prefer horizontal for this reason.

fboom

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 18, 2020
Love the vertical design, how will the cables be handled though? Will they come out of the top like the velka 5?

Shinken1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2019
Short design is my fave. I think the mesh all around actually make the case look nicer than the T1 with mesh. The "lines" do take a little off the design but not much and look like they are necessary. Good job

mtacx

Chassis Packer
Jan 31, 2020

1. Same sandwich layout like T1, 3-15mm aluminum + CNC + anodizing frame, same high flow mesh for optimal thermals / lower fan speed / noise
4.Target price $150-$200

4.Target price $150-$200

To be honest, im hoping this next "sidearm case" came with more modularity element added to it such as adjustable wide/height dimension so that we dont have any problem with any hardware compatibility anymore (future proof), adjustable layout so that everyone can let their imagination run wild with their build. Basically, please make a "LEGO case" for us @Wahaha360....

Tephnos

Average Stuffer
Jul 5, 2017
Well, in terms of the horizontal layout I do prefer how more coherent this looks. I find the single line on the original T1 at the front completely kills it for me (similar to my opinions of the Ghost with tophats), but at least this is somewhat more integrated.

I do think it'll have to grow on me though. That being said, the posts above that say you should keep the front solid and have the sides be mesh would be a much better solution. A classier looking T1, so to speak.

Not a fan of the vertical.