Side panel clips like Ncase M1's

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Anyone know what these clips are properly called and where I can get some for myself?

These clips look real good for DIY projects and don't require special tools to install them. I'd like to get some for some clean looking side panels with tool-less setup. I don't mind either way if they're in metal or plastic.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The only clips I've ever been able to find a listing for is the ones @iFreilicht linked. The ones pictured look interesting since they don't require riveting or any pressed-in hardware but on the other hand they pretty much require that the two panels won't be flush against each other.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
These are something we've been looking for as well. The type that fit flush, like Lian Li uses, are pretty specific to PC cases, I think, and the only other manufacturer I've seen using similar ones is Jonsbo. It's likely that these are custom developed parts because of their niche application, and you probably won't find much like them readily available from e.g. suppliers on Alibaba. That said, I haven't searched exhaustively, so you may have better luck than I.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I know that PenCom makes studs and clips from metal, not from plastic, but should still work with thick side panels.

These may be an option. They look robust and easy to install. I'll just have to be sure of the measurements to sit flush with the panels- not sure if it's recommended that they can install on the top side of the panel instead of the bottom as they describe.

@CC Ricers try searching the terms "knuckle catch" or "friction catch".

This really helped a lot! I found more items on Google that look very similar to the parts in the pic I posted. I also see they are commonly found in door and kitchen applications, so that would help me find where to buy them.