SFX-L PSU

Griphook

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Sep 29, 2018
So I was going to get a normal SFX sized PSU with dimensions of 125mm x 100 mm x 63.5 mm (Link), but SeaSonic just launched the new Focus SGX series of SFX-L PSU's (Link). These are smaller than most, at 125mm x 125mm x 63.5mm, so only 25mm longer.

Question: Would this fit in the NCase M1 without any risk to a flagship sized full-length GPU? I think it would, but wanted feedback from current owners as my case is still in transit. Thanks!

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
I have the same question. The Seasonic seems like a great option as long as it doesn't interfere with a full length GPU.

In the NCASE m1 Google doc, here is what someone said about the Silverston SX700-LPT (which is 130 long instead of 125 mm long)

Will this PSU fit? <- Yes, depends on GPU tough. <- Okay, so I boutght the PSU in question. Have Ncase v5. It fits and there is like 5mm between cables and GPU backplate. And my GPU is 970 G1, which has stupicly high backplate, none the less. You just have to be smart about how you do your cables. But it took me like 2 minutes to figure stuff out. So yeah, it fits no problem. No pushing against backplate, etc. Dont compare this to Silverstone 500w sfx-L. This one has recessed cable plug things. Whatever they are called. ....

The Seasonic one has the more flush connectors, so going by this report, it "should" be fine, esp. with an extra 5 mm.