Production SFFtime presents: P-ATX V3 - 10.4L evolution of ATX console case

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I have the Scythe Shuriken 2 and wasn't really impressed with the cooling. Would you know which between the ID Cooling IS-50X V2 + Noctua AM4 Bracket or the Thermalright AXP90 X53 would be better?

Laughingman gave you some good examples, but still if I had to choose between these two I would go with IS50x v2 simply because of 120mm fan, so you can put some noctua on it. At least you'll get better sound profile.

MartinElectronics

Chassis Packer
Nov 29, 2019
Yes Ribba ! Nice work on that V3.
I feel this will include everything needed for a powerfull sff machine.
I bought v1 and v2 already, Im now hesitating to buy v3 because the right vented panel : I really wanted one on my V2.

Any chance of compatibility between V2 and V3 panels? I love my V2 and I dont really want to go for another case (third case in three year lol !)

Im such a huge fan of your work ! You deserve much sucess !
Thanks for your involvement and for listening to the customers' feedback.
I wish Linus Tech Tips could see that case ! Its trully amazing !!!

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Yes Ribba ! Nice work on that V3.
I feel this will include everything needed for a powerfull sff machine.
I bought v1 and v2 already, Im now hesitating to buy v3 because the right vented panel : I really wanted one on my V2.

Any chance of compatibility between V2 and V3 panels? I love my V2 and I dont really want to go for another case (third case in three year lol !)

Im such a huge fan of your work ! You deserve much sucess !
Thanks for your involvement and for listening to the customers' feedback.
I wish Linus Tech Tips could see that case ! Its trully amazing !!!

Lol I got some ventilated right panels for V2 :)

And thank you lot btw, it really means a lot!

Reactions: DrHudacris

Aegyuptus

Cable Smoosher
Jan 4, 2022
Economical and eco-friendly, small volume packaging without ANY plastic at all. Lower shipping weight will also lower the shipping price, I doubt I will get it below 2kg, but it should be below 2.5kg which means I can ship two cases for the price of one

I am incredibly glad to see this! Thank you for taking this into consideration. I like all the changes you've made to the case-- I wouldn't have considered the old one, but I'll be building an ITX for my mother over the summer, and something this compact that doesn't require watercooling will absolutely appeal to her.

In fact, "doesn't require any type of watercooling" is her biggest requirement aside from the size, and so this has placed the case at the top of my list of possible cases for her. She wants to be able to set it on her desk with her dual monitors, and so it being so incredibly narrow makes this even more ideal for her use case.

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I am incredibly glad to see this! Thank you for taking this into consideration. I like all the changes you've made to the case-- I wouldn't have considered the old one, but I'll be building an ITX for my mother over the summer, and something this compact that doesn't require watercooling will absolutely appeal to her.

In fact, "doesn't require any type of watercooling" is her biggest requirement aside from the size, and so this has placed the case at the top of my list of possible cases for her. She wants to be able to set it on her desk with her dual monitors, and so it being so incredibly narrow makes this even more ideal for her use case.

Hi, thank you a lot, this is awesome to hear!

Cadvahn

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 24, 2022
Very excited for V3, love most of the changes! A few quick questions:

1. Will there be any colorways other than white and black? I'd love a dark gray.
2. Will the Gen4 riser be available for purchase right as V3 stock becomes available and what's the pricing for that riser looking like?
3. Any chance that some holes for g 1/4 pass-through could be added to the rear of the case, maybe where the perforations next to the motherboard i/o are currently?

Thanks!

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Very excited for V3, love most of the changes! A few quick questions:

1. Will there be any colorways other than white and black? I'd love a dark gray.
2. Will the Gen4 riser be available for purchase right as V3 stock becomes available and what's the pricing for that riser looking like?
3. Any chance that some holes for g 1/4 pass-through could be added to the rear of the case, maybe where the perforations next to the motherboard i/o are currently?

Thanks!

Thanks, glad you like it!

1. I would really like to have more color options, dark grey is certainly first option but I will have to see if I can hit a bit larger volume. Hopefully I will I just can't promise if it will be right away

2. I will try to get some stock of gen4 risers from the oem, but even if I don't you can just get an off shelf linkup riser, it is around 80usd iirc. If I get it from the oem it will probably be a bit cheaper but still something I have to see exactly

3. I think I already looked at that option but the width is just slightly smaller then needed iirc, I will check but I doubt.

Thank you, very good questions!

Reactions: Cadvahn

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
@riba2233 A couple questions, if you don't mind:

1. Does the included USB-C cable support the 20 Gb/s data rate? Also, can it be replaced with an off-the-shelf one, if need be?

2. A bit of an odd question, but would the case fit the Noctua NH-C14S with a Mini-ITX board, assuming the side panel is removed?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233 A couple questions, if you don't mind:

1. Does the included USB-C cable support the 20 Gb/s data rate? Also, can it be replaced with an off-the-shelf one, if need be?

2. A bit of an odd question, but would the case fit the Noctua NH-C14S with a Mini-ITX board, assuming the side panel is removed?
Sure, np!

1. I am not sure, it is declared as 10gb and I don't have any equipment to test it. Yes it could, any internal usb-C with 19.7mm hole spacing should work.

2. Yes, I think it should fit. It has 70mm clearance, and the P-ATX has 60mm cooler height available so it can sit above the chassis.

Reactions: Aluminyum

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Not yet, they were working on MNLT first. I will post as soon as I get some update.

Will be existing to see the prototype. Maybe a challenge for your manufacturer with regards to tolerances. Is there any particular aluminum alloy that you will be using?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Will be existing to see the prototype. Maybe a challenge for your manufacturer with regards to tolerances. Is there any particular aluminum alloy that you will be using?

Based on what I've seen so far tolerances are very good, especially with such short and simple flanges. But I will of course inspect them when it arrives.

I am not sure, but I will ask them :)