Production SFFtime presents: P-ATX V3 - 10.4L evolution of ATX console case

gojmgo

Efficiency Noob
Feb 23, 2021
ID-Cooling just launched IS-55 (55mm tall). This is perfect for P-ATX since the old IS-60/V2 has been discontinued.

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

kola360

Cable Smoosher
Jun 8, 2022
Heres my current solution to the thiccboi GPU problem ive stumbled upon. The issue is that the GPU is pushed out by not only the ATX board but also the HDD and sticks out 9mm from the side.
3dprinted some custom 11mm offset brackets with M3 inserts. One of the brackets has a front facia kind of thing to hide the side being open. I planned on printing it in white but the white filament color did not match.

Theres two 3dprinted panel/bracket for the rear aswell just to keep the sidepanel from bulging. When picking it up it does not feel loose or fragile so it gives me some confidence

The extra 11mm makes it a 11.8L case and supports bigger 120mm fans like in that one ID-cooling IS-50 ideo @riba2233 mentioned earlier. This will hopefully allow me to overclock my old and slow I5-4690k so it lasts me until i get money for an ITX upgrade. Right now this noctua fan performs 10c colder than the original ID-cooling fan so that should be good enough. But it makes 3x the sound...

These brackets also allow me to place the case sideways if i ever want that. But i dont know how that will affect cooling performance.

The size of this case is perfect and i cant wait to remove these 3dprinted stuff. But this will have to do for now.

Side note... The provided screwdriver is an absolute favorite in my toolbox right now😂 Quick because of the thin handle and perfect for not overtightening in plastic or aluminium parts.

//K

Last edited:

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
Hi! I am interested in possibly getting the V3 of the P-ATX

Was wondering if there were any official metrics for thermals and -db that I can look at. From what I saw on Hardware Canucks review they mentioned something about it be comparable to open air because of how well its vented.

Trying to compare to my current case to see if there is enough of a difference.

Thanks

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hi! I am interested in possibly getting the V3 of the P-ATX

Was wondering if there were any official metrics for thermals and -db that I can look at. From what I saw on Hardware Canucks review they mentioned something about it be comparable to open air because of how well its vented.

Trying to compare to my current case to see if there is enough of a difference.

Thanks

Hi,

I don't have anything scientific, but all gpu's I personally tested had very similar temps and noise to open case scenario.

You can see a yt review with temps and noise here on V2:

But that is one use case and will vary for different gpu's and cooler designs.

Reactions: scatterforce

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
Hi,

I don't have anything scientific, but all gpu's I personally tested had very similar temps and noise to open case scenario.

You can see a yt review with temps and noise here on V2:

But that is one use case and will vary for different gpu's and cooler designs.
Thank you very much, see you in October

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Edit: Post and my thoughts here!

Will probably get around to writing a full post something soon, but first, some pictures of the P-ATX v3.

With a 5800X, any cooler that can fit into the P-ATX will still be very toasty.

This is pretty much the most maxed out build I have, ATX Board, with a reference 6800XT Midnight Black.

With ID-Cooling IS-55 ARGB with IS-55 with Thermalright TL-C12015B-S Fanswap.

Tested it with a P-ATX v3: AXP100 Copper with Thermalright TL-C12015B-S Fanswap at first, but the fan is too near to the side panel, causing too much fan turbulence at higher fan speeds.

Back view

Last edited:

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Wow that looks really nice, and you managed to squeeze in the 6800xt ref which is a max size that fits theoretically yeah. 5800x is very temperamental, mine gets to 89 even on custom loop. Also thank you for trying three cooler configs, one with thick 25mm 120 fan looks really nice.

Reactions: Neathdrawls

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Wow that looks really nice, and you managed to squeeze in the 6800xt ref which is a max size that fits theoretically yeah. 5800x is very temperamental, mine gets to 89 even on custom loop. Also thank you for trying three cooler configs, one with thick 25mm 120 fan looks really nice.
Aye, tried to cram in the maximum GPU that is allowed with an ATX board. It really is a very tight fit, the PCIe cable is right at the edge of the GPU height.

Yeah the AXP90-x47 Full Copper with a 12025mm fan surprisingly performs just as well as the IS-55, and with a bigger fan. At low to medium loads, the IS-55 is able to maintain a more stable temperature, whereas the AXP90 fluctuates way more. The AXP100 Copper is probably the best, just that with a fan swap, it is way too noisy.

peacecraft_M

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2019
@riba2233
I know that you are probably WELL passed this point in production but in the event I want to get the 4000 series. I am hunting the FE for this case if so right?

I cannot figure out how to erase comments so here on mobile =(

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
@riba2233
I know that you are probably WELL passed this point in production but in the event I want to get the 4000 series. I am hunting the FE for this case if so right?

I cannot figure out how to erase comments so here on mobile =(

Yeah currently it looks like only FE 4090 will fit into P-ATX V3. But N-ATX V2 will fit all of them.

capy

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2020
Yeah currently it looks like only FE 4090 will fit into P-ATX V3. But N-ATX V2 will fit all of them.
I am looking to make a new computer with a 4080 16 GB, since 12 GB is really not enough VRAM for what I need to do. Would that essentially require an ITX motherboard in this case? (Obviously, if the RDNA GPUs that come out have a good combination of RAM, performance, and compatibility, that would be another option).

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I am looking to make a new computer with a 4080 16 GB, since 12 GB is really not enough VRAM for what I need to do. Would that essentially require an ITX motherboard in this case? (Obviously, if the RDNA GPUs that come out have a good combination of RAM, performance, and compatibility, that would be another option).
Yeah for anything over 2.2 slots thick you need to use ITX board. For 4080 there will probably be more models that fit, 4090 is the only problematic sku

Nixra

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 29, 2022
Will there be more b-stock cases available? I noticed the stock didnt get updated today :-)