Production SFFtime presents: P-ATX V3 - 10.4L evolution of ATX console case

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I have seen a nice looking cnc aluminium C14 "extender" on taobao, to move the connector 1-2cm back, to prevent cases of interference. You can even stack 2 of them for better clearence.

Ok thnx, that is good to know. Also one other option would be to have holes for both positions, hmm I will have to think about it.

In the meantime:

😉

BTW if you are familiar with tools assembly takes less than 1 minute, id you are not I cannot imagine it taking over 5 minutes while following the manual.

Meekyuu

Caliper Novice
Apr 13, 2022
Have an interesting idea with trying to jam a 280mm slim radiator, 140mm slim fan, and a ultra low profile cpu block into the P-ATX v3, which would potentially allow for dual 280mm radiators..

20mm rad, 16mm fan, 25.5mm waterblock brings the height down to 61.5mm, slightly more than the 59/60mm quoted.. Hmm. Shorter standoffs, and sand the (top of the ) block perhaps? And the ram would have to be VLP.. Insane ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Have an interesting idea with trying to jam a 280mm slim radiator, 140mm slim fan, and a ultra low profile cpu block into the P-ATX v3, which would potentially allow for dual 280mm radiators..

20mm rad, 16mm fan, 25.5mm waterblock brings the height down to 61.5mm, slightly more than the 59/60mm quoted.. Hmm. Shorter standoffs, and sand the (top of the ) block perhaps? And the ram would have to be VLP.. Insane ideas.

I like where this is going...

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

25.5mm ... Must be XPX 1U 🧐

Meekyuu

Caliper Novice
Apr 13, 2022
25.5mm ... Must be XPX 1U 🧐
He knows.. The top of that block looks like it probably has some uncessary plastic, could probably sand it down to get a shorter height. :p
I like where this is going...
Checked with folks at HDPlex, upcoming 500w gan psus will also be daisy chainable to 1000w. The biggest questions after CPU height and PSUs will be VRM coolers and ram heights.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Confirmed order, nice, question; what is the accessories kit for? Does the case not come stock with a pigtail cord?

Thank you a lot! Yeah I dropped 92mm adapter and pigtail from the standards parts as nobody used them. I have even seen people who had interference and still didn't use the pigtail so it doesn't make sense to manufacture them in high quantity.

Riba, is the case already sold out?

Yeah it is, but don't worry, next batch is already in production!

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Missed it. :(

If it is only going to last hours before being sold out I doubt my chances. When approximately will the next batch be available?

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Missed it. :(

If it is only going to last hours before being sold out I doubt my chances. When approximately will the next batch be available?

Really sorry you missed it! It is already in production, so I would say like 3-5 weeks maybe. Will update here once I know more.

Reactions: wonggx

Json188

Efficiency Noob
May 21, 2022
Oh man, the notification went into my spam, didn't realize it was available until I checked the forum, and the first batch sold out within a day or so.
Riba, anyway you can help me to get one? I'm might not have time to check forum and emails all the time.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Oh man, the notification went into my spam, didn't realize it was available until I checked the forum, and the first batch sold out within a day or so.
Riba, anyway you can help me to get one? I'm might not have time to check forum and emails all the time.

Hi, sorry to hear that! Ok next time we will push the newsletter and I will write here a day before it is available, that is the best I can do I am afraid.

Meekyuu

Caliper Novice
Apr 13, 2022
Honestly, producing the solid metal components at a price lower or competitive with companies like Sliger is really all you need to aim for. My total came to like, 280 cad? I think my a4 h2o was 225 cad, so, you've done some great work here Riba.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Honestly, producing the solid metal components at a price lower or competitive with companies like Sliger is really all you need to aim for. My total came to like, 280 cad? I think my a4 h2o was 225 cad, so, you've done some great work here Riba.

Thank you so much, really trying my best and this really means a lot! 😊

Meekyuu

Caliper Novice
Apr 13, 2022
Hi, sorry to hear that! Ok next time we will push the newsletter and I will write here a day before it is available, that is the best I can do I am a

Thank you so much, really trying my best and this really means a lot! 😊
Approach Lian Li with some case concepts. They seem to be pivoting hard into SFF right now. Q58, Meshlcious, a4 h2o. You don't even cross compete, console cases are a different beast all together. I advise perhaps speaking to Dan or one of the other people whom have worked with them before on what to look out for.

Finally, you should totally toy with the idea of a stackable horizontal style case akin to if you cut a sandwich case in half. Requirements would probably be flex atx, however, gan stuff might make that more of a reality soon. Anyway, excited to build in it when it gets here. Cheers.

Edit: typo