Production SFFtime presents: P-ATX V3 - 10.4L evolution of ATX console case

Meekyuu

Caliper Novice
Apr 13, 2022
Alright, some good questions for you Riba: What motherboard standoff sizes are you shipping the patx with, and, what are the lengths of the side panel screws?

Meekyuu

Caliper Novice
Apr 13, 2022
Also check out this awesome low profile cooler roundup from Hardware Canucks:

Especially relevant for the P-ATX :) Thanks Mike, you are really doing a favor for the community!
Additionally: the is 50x v2 and the axp100 copper are perfect for the patx, only recommend the axp if your fine with a way higher price and worse ram compatibility for 2c at load.

I also partly believe the axp100 is let down by its stock fan and alternative mounting system, so it gets a little bit hacky to get the maximum perf put of it (slim p12 or something ziptied to it)

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Alright, some good questions for you Riba: What motherboard standoff sizes are you shipping the patx with, and, what are the lengths of the side panel screws?
6mm mbo standoffs (F-F, M3), for side panels 5mm long countersunk M3 but you could use a bit longer ones

kola360

Cable Smoosher
Jun 8, 2022
I made this account just for this.
I really want a P-ATX and i wont bog you down with even more "when is it ready" questions. :)
But how can i make sure i wont miss it when it comes? Theres alot going on this summer and i dont want to be stuck refreshing on you lovely website while on my vacation. Everyone always complains when im on my phone. :D

Also check out this awesome low profile cooler roundup from Hardware Canucks:
Which of these will fit in the case?

Best regards and good luck on you product development!!
//Kola

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I made this account just for this.
I really want a P-ATX and i wont bog you down with even more "when is it ready" questions. :)
But how can i make sure i wont miss it when it comes? Theres alot going on this summer and i dont want to be stuck refreshing on you lovely website while on my vacation. Everyone always complains when im on my phone. :D

Which of these will fit in the case?

Best regards and good luck on you product development!!
//Kola

Hi, thanks, glad you like it!

Before the case is available I will post here, on reddit, discord, and there will be a notification email (make sure it doesn't go into your spam folder).

All coolers that are below 60mm will fit, I recommend IS-50X as it is very compatible.

Reactions: scatterforce

kola360

Cable Smoosher
Jun 8, 2022
Oh, okay. Perfect! As long as you dont post minutes or some hours before it goes live i should be able to get one.
How fast do you usually sell out?

As a mechanical engineer, im very impressed by all your renders and the amazing design. Its sleek stuff...
Maybe a bit of an obscure question, but what did you model this in? Solidworks sheetmetal feature?

Anyway i think i should be able to get an Alpenföhn black ridge inside this then since its the only low profile cooler available here in sweden.

//Kola

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Oh, okay. Perfect! As long as you dont post minutes or some hours before it goes live i should be able to get one.
How fast do you usually sell out?

As a mechanical engineer, im very impressed by all your renders and the amazing design. Its sleek stuff...
Maybe a bit of an obscure question, but what did you model this in? Solidworks sheetmetal feature?

Anyway i think i should be able to get an Alpenföhn black ridge inside this then since its the only low profile cooler available here in sweden.

//Kola
Inventor sheet metal ;) Very similar though.

Hard to say, I think it will be relatively fast since we had been out of stock for long time, maybe a day or two.

Just a note, you can get is50x directly from is-cooling aliexpress store, they ship worldwide, it is very easy:

And shockingly even lower price on some other store:

Ordered one for myself lol

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Notice anything weird?

PATXUser

Case Bender
New User
Jun 7, 2022
Also, 3 holes in the front panel...but this seems too easy. :)

Sorry for replying to myself -- new here, not sure if it is possible to edit.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Looks like a thicc boi. Guess work is being done on N-ATX?

Bingo, we have a winner! This is actually N-ATX V2, I will open a separate thread soon. Bravo, gg for noticing :)

Could it be that the C14 inlet has been moved?
Correct, it will probably be a bit different on new N-ATX but might not be the final position. Will have to test it when I get the prototype.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I think you have a good "high" location for the C14 inlet in the current P-ATX V3, and I hope it stays there. If positioned in the middle, it would have to be routed over the motherboard in a very visible way. Does not compute in my ocd brain.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I think you have a good "high" location for the C14 inlet in the current P-ATX V3, and I hope it stays there. If positioned in the middle, it would have to be routed over the motherboard in a very visible way. Does not compute in my ocd brain.

Yeah I agree. Only problem with high position is that it can cause a interference issues if you use a cooler that overhangs the IO area on an ITX board. It can be solved with pigtail but still. But I will consider it heavily, just have to see how middle position works in real life.

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Yeah I agree. Only problem with high position is that it can cause a interference issues if you use a cooler that overhangs the IO area on an ITX board. It can be solved with pigtail but still. But I will consider it heavily, just have to see how middle position works in real life.

I have seen a nice looking cnc aluminium C14 "extender" on taobao, to move the connector 1-2cm back, to prevent cases of interference. You can even stack 2 of them for better clearence.

Reactions: riba2233