Production SFFtime presents: P-ATX v2 - 10 L case with improved ATX, AIO and 3-slot support!

riba2233

SFF Guru
Original poster
SFF Time
Bronze Supporter
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Plan is to use a GPU (3080 FE) plus the capture card (El Gato 60).

Ok I see, in that case you would mount the GPU into it's designated spot and you would have to jerry rig a spot for a capture card, you could use ADT 1x riser, they make all kinds of risers:

Reactions: ZioComposite

capy

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2020
So I have this case with an RTX 3080 and a 5950x, as well as a Scythe Shuriken 2 cooler. The 5950x seems to get hot quite quickly, causing the fans to work overtime. For instance, it usually exceeds 80 or 85 under minimal load (3 or 4 logical processors worth out of 32), and it readily exceeds 90 and starts throttling under half or full load. Even with the maximum processor state set to 80%, the fans are quite loud if anything moderately involved is happening (e.g. a video call inside a VM). Does anyone have any tips to mitigate this?

riba2233

SFF Guru
Original poster
SFF Time
Bronze Supporter
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
So I have this case with an RTX 3080 and a 5950x, as well as a Scythe Shuriken 2 cooler. The 5950x seems to get hot quite quickly, causing the fans to work overtime. For instance, it usually exceeds 80 or 85 under minimal load (3 or 4 logical processors worth out of 32), and it readily exceeds 90 and starts throttling under half or full load. Even with the maximum processor state set to 80%, the fans are quite loud if anything moderately involved is happening (e.g. a video call inside a VM). Does anyone have any tips to mitigate this?

Yeah, try going into bios and limiting power (PPT) to 95W. And check if you have enough thermal paste, zen2 and 3 require a bit more

frimboj09

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 4, 2021
I was planning on getting a P-ATX, but it looks like they're sold out now. When can we expect to have back in stock?

ZioComposite

Efficiency Noob
Sep 1, 2021
I was planning on getting a P-ATX, but it looks like they're sold out now. When can we expect to have back in stock?
There is a "subscribe" option on the page, would highly advise doing so! If you're okay with blemishes, keep an eye out for B-Stock as well.