Not open for further replies.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hey guys!

Sorry for not keeping up with the promised schedule. We are still waiting some hardware to arrive, so we can take more pictures and make the tests.

We're hoping to post a big update on April 2nd, so be tuned.
And if everything goes fine from there, our expected Kickstarter date is July 1st.

Any news, I'll let you know. Cheers :)

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hello guys!
I am really proud to show you our brand new concept:

Z-CASE P50: Dual GPU Edition!

This basically has our Z-CASE P50 layout, but the size was increased to 489 x 291 x 74mm = 10,5L volume.
We decided to keep the Mini-ITX motherboard, and allow Dual GPU by using a bifurcated PCIe extender (1 16x to 2 8x), that will be custom made by us.
Also, this case will support up to 8x 2,5" HDDs, so it can be used as a massive storage.

What do you think? Cheers :D

*April 2nd update: This was an April Fools joke guys, just ignore it haha

Last edited:

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2018
o_O Wow ... looks cool am assuming the cards that you would use for 16x to dual 8x are not the highest end cards? probably dual 1070s ?

maybe some one knows better than I am, but that's a big leap from your original concept. color me impressed ;)

Reactions: BernardoZ

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Hello guys!

This basically has our Z-CASE P50 layout, but the size was increased to 489 x 291 x 74mm = 10,5L volume.
We decided to keep the Mini-ITX motherboard, and allow Dual GPU by using a bifurcated PCIe extender (1 16x to 2 8x), that will be custom made by us.
Also, this case will support up to 8x 2,5" HDDs, so it can be used as a massive storage.

Just small tip: I think that your stand is a little bit too small compared to the overall height of the case. If you will be using lighter GPU cards while also having heavy Flex ATX PSU, several hard drives and heavier CPU cooler at the top, then this construction won't be very stable. What is more, most of your cables goes from the top of your case (PSU cable and mobo I/O cables) so it will be even more possible that it will "flip over" when accidentally you will pull one of them.

FullForceRainbow

Trash Compacter
May 12, 2016
o_O Wow ... looks cool am assuming the cards that you would use for 16x to dual 8x are not the highest end cards? probably dual 1070s ?

maybe some one knows better than I am, but that's a big leap from your original concept. color me impressed ;)

No cards at this time really need the full x16 link, at most there is a performance degradation of a couple percentage points! So the bifurcated riser should work fine with any consumer card. See this Gamers Nexus test with a 1080:

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2488-pci-e-3-x8-vs-x16-performance-impact-on-gpus

Most results are within margin of error :)

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2018
Reactions: FullForceRainbow

Philairflow

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 30, 2018
Hello guys!

Nice:D

I like this one more than your previous layout. The footprint is the same. It is only higher. So this matches my love for vertical cases.

But the main reason why I prefer this layout is the possibility of different configurations. What you are developing here is an enthusiast sff case. Enthusiasts (like me) love build options. So that is why I want to give you some suggestions for this beauty:

- Add a backpanel that gives you the option to run an SFX-L PSU instead of one of the GPU's. Infront of the PSU would be enough space for additional harddrives and maybe a fan.

- Add the option to run a 120 mm AIO instead of the Flex PSU while using a SFX PSU instead of one of the GPU's

- Keep the Flex option so you can enable the following config: Flex PSU on top, 240 mm AIO in the middle, GPU on bottom

- Your dual GPU config would stay the same. This would be the high end performance option.

- Maybe add the option to run dual GPU with 800W SFX-L on top and only 2 SSD's. With SFX the machine runs much more quiet.

All this would be possible while keeping your dimensions the same. The case just needs some additional features and alternative mounting inserts.

Maybe you like this idea. I would love your case with all that options. And i am sure the market for it would be much bigger than with only one possible Flex config.

Last edited:

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Hello guys!

Looks baller!

I would love to see this in person;)

Did you start the design of riser? What are your plans?

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hello guys!

Guys, this was obviously an April Fools joke hahahah.
Interesting to see some of you believed it... Maybe we make it real on the future, just for fun XD

Back to original project: Most things are going fine. Unfortunately, we need a few more days to reveal the complete pics. Sorry for the wait :/

Just small tip: I think that your stand is a little bit too small compared to the overall height of the case. If you will be using lighter GPU cards while also having heavy Flex ATX PSU, several hard drives and heavier CPU cooler at the top, then this construction won't be very stable. What is more, most of your cables goes from the top of your case (PSU cable and mobo I/O cables) so it will be even more possible that it will "flip over" when accidentally you will pull one of them.

Wow, it's an honor to get your feedback bro. Sentry case was one of our main inspirations, as mentioned on the first post.

Too bad your first comment here was in a "fake" post lol. Hope I can get another feedback from you in our next real update. Also, good luck with Sentry 2.0, lots of improvements made indeed ;)

Cheers

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2018
Interesting to see some of you believed it... Maybe we make it real on the future, just for fun XD

Back to original project: Most things are going fine. Unfortunately, we need a few more days to reveal the complete pics. Sorry for the wait :/

Wow, it's an honor to get your feedback bro. Sentry case was one of our main inspirations, as mentioned on the first post.

Too bad your first comment here was in a "fake" post lol. Hope I can get another feedback from you in our next real update. Also, good luck with Sentry 2.0, lots of improvements made indeed ;)

Cheers

Shucks man .... :thumb: good one.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017

Cheers

Darn, good one! I totally got fooled. Albeit, why not make one? All the dimensions and measurmenrs are already made for cut outs, just need to add length. And bifurication risers already exist. So it wouldnt be impossible.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Darn, good one! I totally got fooled. Albeit, why not make one? All the dimensions and measurmenrs are already made for cut outs, just need to add length. And bifurication risers already exist. So it wouldnt be impossible.

Thanks man hahaha. That pic was just a photoshop, funny to see you got fooled lol.

Anyway, this probably won't become real anytime soon, may be too risky. We are already strugling to keep up with our original plan schedule, so we really need to focus on one thing only. Maybe when SLI and PCIe bifurcation gets more popular, let's see how the market goes...

Cheers ;)

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hey guys!

Exactly 2 months ago I revealed the case here on the forum, and I think it's time to show you a quick build pic:

We are still missing a few pieces (PSU cable, Front IO, Power Switch, etc), but I think this can give you some idea of how the final product will be...

Please leave a comment, we really appreciate any feedback ;)

Master of Cramming
Nov 5, 2016
Hey guys!

Exactly 2 months ago I revealed the case here on the forum, and I think it's time to show you a quick build pic:

We are still missing a few pieces (PSU cable, Front IO, Power Switch, etc), but I think this can give you some idea of how the final product will be...

The photo looks way better than the renders. Can't wait to see more!

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Its great to see the actual product, not just renders. That being said, I would be down to order one, but I have a the long 1080 strix card, can't wait to see more

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
Hey guys!

That looks really good. I thought it was a render for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.