Stalled Z-CASE P50 v1.1: Innovative console-style SFF PC case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch

Cable Smoosher
Oct 9, 2019
Anyone know what size and type the back screws are? I stripped some of mine and need to find replacements. Any links would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou and happy holidays!!

Reactions: britsches

DanielV

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 23, 2019
UPDATE

The next batch of P50s will start shipping next week.
There are very few units left if you are interested.

Our other products might take 1 extra week to ship.

https://www.sfftec.com/shop
Hi guys! I'm Daniel, I bought a case and psu from you guys on the 14th this month (December 2019). I've emailed you guys at sfftec@gmail.com but haven't heard back. Was just curious on the status of my order. Order number is #10058.

funky_bebop

What's an ITX?
Dec 12, 2019
Hi guys! I'm Daniel, I bought a case and psu from you guys on the 14th this month (December 2019). I've emailed you guys at sfftec@gmail.com but haven't heard back. Was just curious on the status of my order. Order number is #10058.

Expect a full email soon. I got this tonight (just part of the email)
“We now expect to handle all requests and shipments between January 13-20.
In any case, you are covered by Paypal for 180 days, so don't worry.”

Reactions: AfterInfinity

DanielV

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 23, 2019
Expect a full email soon. I got this tonight (just part of the email)
“We now expect to handle all requests and shipments between January 13-20.
In any case, you are covered by Paypal for 180 days, so don't worry.”
I got it too, I’ll be waiting patiently. I can’t wait to build in it.

DrKatona

Case Bender
New User
Nov 3, 2019
Hi,
I wanted to change the fan of Enhance 600w Flex ATX power supply to Noctua 40x40x20 12V. Unfortunately Noctua one did not start to work. Any ideas?

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
I have sold my Velka 3 project and i'm moving on to another project.
i'm going to cancel my order of the enhance 600w flex i placed back in Nov 27th.
hopefully someone else in need can get this instead.

britsches

Chassis Packer
May 17, 2019
Hi,
I wanted to change the fan of Enhance 600w Flex ATX power supply to Noctua 40x40x20 12V. Unfortunately Noctua one did not start to work. Any ideas?
i did change the fan as well and it works, did you wire it correctly? Did you check the fan beforehand?

DanielV

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 23, 2019
Sad news about the latest Enhance PSUs being delayed until March.
Last piece of my build :/
I found a guy on eBay that has the case and psu.. would you like the link? Maybe you could get the psu from this guy and not have to wait till March.. then again.. buying psus on eBay... idk, it’s up to you.

DanielV

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 23, 2019
i did change the fan as well and it works, did you wire it correctly? Did you check the fan beforehand?
Why change the fan? Is it still too loud with the fan that it came with?? I might do the same if that’s the case.

britsches

Chassis Packer
May 17, 2019
Why change the fan? Is it still too loud with the fan that it came with?? I might do the same if that’s the case.
Mine had a slight clicking noise with every resolution.. not loud, but annoying.
My case stands right beside me, so i heard it very clearly.
At first i was not sure where it was coming from, and then i just took the leap and replaced it. It worked.

Reactions: DanielV

deeree

Trash Compacter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
Hi,
Noctua has higher starting voltage. So the fan might start spinning only at higher load around 400W or so. That is if you have it connected properly. Even then it could be potentially harmful to the PSU in the long run.

britsches

Chassis Packer
May 17, 2019
Noctua has higher starting voltage. So the fan might start spinning only at higher load around 400W or so. That is if you have it connected properly. Even then it could be potentially harmful to the PSU in the long run.
I cannot confirm this, mine spins right after startup.

Daniel.f2277

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2020
Care to explain? I'm interested in this case so I would like to know :)
Just got my case about a month ago. Main issues were as follows:

The riser cable seemed to be facing the wrong direction, so the GPU side had to be turned around 180°, meaning that the cable had to not only travel behind the GPU, but also under the riser connector itself, making unnecessary turns and kinking the cable a bit. Not sure if this was intentional or oversight.

The standoff mounting holes for the GPU side of the riser cable were also drilled in the wrong position, so that if you tried to use those mounting positions, it would pull your GPU at a weird angle, and you wouldn't be able to access your video out from the back of the case. (If you decide not to use the mounting holes, you can only support the connector by some janky method of using the standoffs to "carry" the connector, basically your GPU is only supported by hanging from the video out faceplate. At least this way you can still access your video out connections.)

The tempered glass side panel doesn't provide great airflow, and tends to trap heat inside of the case, cooking your PC. If you want decent temps you have to use the included offsets for the tempered glass side panels. This wasn't much of an issue for me since I went ahead and made a custom acrylic side panel for mine, with ventelation, but not everyone wants to invest more money in the case. I might share the file for that later, but this problem specifically I would say is worth looking past.

The case has been coming with blue USB 3.0 cables, which stick out like a sore thumb, where the case was shown to have black ones. Yeah this is something you can also fix yourself by buying a $12 cable off of Amazon, but it is not as advertised as far as Z-case p50 goes. This has been said that it will be fixed. Just remember that you're dealing with basically a one-man business.

For some buyers, who purchased the custom Enhance 7660B from sfftec in the last the past two or three months, they were sent standard Enhance 7660B, apparently because sfftec ran out of stock for the custom black cabled and coated PSU. Basically instead of informing the customer of what they were receiving, they just simply sent out that PSU which wasn't what was advertised (and the colored cables and gray psu case really stick out, looking really bad). I'm sure you can see how that is frustrating. Sure though, you can sell the standard Enhance PSU and try again to buy the custom black one if you wanted, but those wont be available until March, seller said.

And for those who asked for a refund, many people didn't get one, and are simply waiting for their cases, or an opportunity for a refund. (This includes buyers from like 3 to 4 months ago, mind you.)

So that's basically all of the issues with the case summed up. I'm going to ignore the fact that the seller chose to stick with Flex instead of SFX because that's mostly just a preference thing.

Just remember you're dealing with a small business, with very low production volume. There may be quality issues, and there may be business issues, so be prepared to either lose your money, or overspend for a case.

However I will say the case really is a unique design, and fundamentally should have been really successful. It's a nice case despite the problems, I admit, just know what you're getting yourself into. This is probably not the one for your average consumer, considering the recent situation. Maybe things will change and sfftec will one day finally get the z-case p50 right. That's all.

britsches

Chassis Packer
May 17, 2019
The riser cable seemed to be facing the wrong direction, so the GPU side had to be turned around 180°, meaning that the cable had to not only travel behind the GPU, but also under the riser connector itself, making unnecessary turns and kinking the cable a bit. Not sure if this was intentional or oversight.

The issue would be, that the lanes would need to be crossed/mirrored. So instead you simply bend it around.
So i think that is intentionally.

The standoff mounting holes for the GPU side of the riser cable were also drilled in the wrong position, so that if you tried to use those mounting positions, it would pull your GPU at a weird angle, and you wouldn't be able to access your video out from the back of the case. (If you decide not to use the mounting holes, you can only support the connector by some janky method of using the standoffs to "carry" the connector, basically your GPU is only supported by hanging from the video out faceplate. At least this way you can still access your video out connections.)

Yes. That indeed sucks. I somehow managed to mount mine fully screwed, but the GPU is now slightly tilted inwards on the right side.
You are not able to see it from the outside with the panel on, so i had already forgotten about this.

The case has been coming with blue USB 3.0 cables, which stick out like a sore thumb, where the case was shown to have black ones. Yeah this is something you can also fix yourself by buying a $12 cable off of Amazon, but it is not as advertised as far as Z-case p50 goes.

Also yes. That sucks a lot.

chrimen

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2019
The tempered glass side panel doesn't provide great airflow, and tends to trap heat inside of the case, cooking your PC. If you want decent temps you have to use the included offsets for the tempered glass side panels. This wasn't much of an issue for me since I went ahead and made a custom acrylic side panel for mine, with ventelation, but not everyone wants to invest more money in the case. I might share the file for that later, but this problem specifically I would say is worth looking past.
Would you mind sharing what your acrylic panel looks like?

Reactions: Daniel.f2277
Status
Not open for further replies.