Stalled Z-CASE P50 v1.1: Innovative console-style SFF PC case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
I noticed that the case supports up to 6x HDDs/SSDs: 3x additional HDDs/SSDs behind the GPU and 2x HDDs/SSDs in front of the FlexATX PSU. How is this configuration possible with newer Mini-ITX motherboards (most recent ITX mb have only up to 4x SATA ports, due to M.2 adoption), with the exception of the Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac (which has 6x SATA ports, and only 1x M.2)?

Will you be compiling a list of motherboards to help users or do you have an idea of how else this could be achieved with mb only equipped with 4x SATA? Perhaps an M.2 to SATA adaptor or PCIe bifurcation?

Reactions: Mortis Angelus

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Damn I'm in love with this case

Have you run any benchmarks? I'm really curious about the temps of blower style GPUs and open air GPUs.

If blower style GPUs are better in this case I'm getting an MSI 1070 Aero, if an open air then an MSI 1070 Armor.

THIS! This is really something you guys should start testing if you haven't. We want to know.

I noticed that the case supports up to 6x HDDs/SSDs: 3x additional HDDs/SSDs behind the GPU and 2x HDDs/SSDs in front of the FlexATX PSU. How is this configuration possible with newer Mini-ITX motherboards (most recent ITX mb have only up to 4x SATA ports, due to M.2 adoption), with the exception of the Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac (which has 6x SATA ports, and only 1x M.2)?

Will you be compiling a list of motherboards to help users or do you have an idea of how else this could be achieved with mb only equipped with 4x SATA? Perhaps an M.2 to SATA adaptor or PCIe bifurcation?

What is the problem here? Every mITX board is compatible. Just because there is room for 5 drives, does not mean you have to install 5 drives. E.g. the new Phantex Evolv X supports 9x 2.5" + 10x 3.5" drives. You tell me how many motherboards out there support 19 drives out of the box.

The case supports 5 drives. Says nothing about the motherboard itself. That is up to you to choose.

Arrandale

Trash Compacter
Jan 14, 2018
Damn, i always wanted the PC-O5S, looks like i have found my SFF-Case.
How much space is there between the Glass and a normal 2 Slot GPU? I feel like it would starve for Air :(
A few additional millimeters could work wonders ;)

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018

It just give you flexibility on where you mount them. Does not necessarily mean you have to use them all.

No need to put motherboard list, cause as you mentioned, no mitx board can support that number of drive.

Reactions: Sashby

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I actually created an account just to reply to this thread. But I should have created that a long time ago since I am a huge fan of SFF cases.
but I would like to add my two cents here because I am actually starting to fall in love with this case over the Louqe ghost S1.

1) I would actually like to see an sfx power supply fit in this case for those who own one over the flex PSU. I would recommend if the PSU would fit where the SSD would be at and stack them below the PSU. So instead of side by side SSD, the second one would be a stacked SSD and the first slot would be the sfx power supply spot.

2) will this case allow ftw3 1080 TI EVGA GPU to fit?

3) back to number one, I would love to see an sfx PSU fit in this case.

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
THIS! This is really something you guys should start testing if you haven't. We want to know.

What is the problem here? Every mITX board is compatible. Just because there is room for 5 drives, does not mean you have to install 5 drives. E.g. the new Phantex Evolv X supports 9x 2.5" + 10x 3.5" drives. You tell me how many motherboards out there support 19 drives out of the box.

The case supports 5 drives. Says nothing about the motherboard itself. That is up to you to choose.

...I was only curious. Please, no need to become aggressive. Although I do see your point. Again was only curious.

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
I actually created an account just to reply to this thread. But I should have created that a long time ago since I am a huge fan of SFF cases.
but I would like to add my two cents here because I am actually starting to fall in love with this case over the Louqe ghost S1.

1) I would actually like to see an sfx power supply fit in this case for those who own one over the flex PSU. I would recommend if the PSU would fit where the SSD would be at and stack them below the PSU. So instead of side by side SSD, the second one would be a stacked SSD and the first slot would be the sfx power supply spot.

2) will this case allow ftw3 1080 TI EVGA GPU to fit?

3) back to number one, I would love to see an sfx PSU fit in this case.

An SFX PSU is wider and taller. It wouldn't fit. Sentry and NODE 202 can fit SFX PSUs but these are a longer cases in comparison to the Z-CASE.
Size comparison to help illustrate the difference between SFX (not SFX-L) and FlexATX PSU:

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
...I was only curious. Please, no need to become aggressive. Although I do see your point. Again was only curious.
Didn't mean to come off as aggressive. Just determined. :p But you also sounded quite "aggressive" in asking that they should list compatible mITX boards, when in reality, all of them are compatible. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

Reactions: br3nd0

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Didn't mean to come off as aggressive. Just determined. :p But you also sounded quite "aggressive" in asking that they should list compatible mITX boards, when in reality, all of them are compatible. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

It's a shame your enthusiasm was taken the wrong way and someone got salty. Any normal person can see this. Keep up the good work!

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Any news guys? When will this case be released? And what about the price? I'm really curious about the price. I hope it won't be more than 200€ including shipping.

I am working quite closely with the guys by working as their contact for Sweden/Scandinavia, but I have not heard anything from Bernardo on Skype since Sep 19. I am personally waiting for their green-light to launch a forum/press release on some Swedish forums with info about the case. But so far no word. The only thing I know is that they are working on solving some registration issues whilst simultaneously fighting with their college curriculum.

As for price, I believe (DO NOT quote me on this) the preliminary pricing was about 200 - 250 dollars for the case (excluding shipping), and around 400 dollars if you choose to bundle in the custom FlexATX PSU. However, that might have changed after they partnered up with Jonsbo.

Again, these prices might be completely wrong, but that is what I remember. I'll try to send a message to Bernardo now, and hopefully he will reply here whenever he has time.

GioRgSaVv

Cable Smoosher
Oct 6, 2017
Are you planning on making it compatible with SFX PSUs? I think that ATX FLex PSUs are quite noisy, and expensive, and hard to find.
Also without the support of the extra +2 2.5inch drives would also be fine, it already supports x3 2.5inch 7mm drives +M.2.
I think that if this case will support both ATX Flex PSU and SFX PSU would be the best itx mini case.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Are you planning on making it compatible with SFX PSUs? I think that ATX FLex PSUs are quite noisy, and expensive, and hard to find.
Also without the support of the extra +2 2.5inch drives would also be fine, it already supports x3 2.5inch 7mm drives +M.2.
I think that if this case will support both ATX Flex PSU and SFX PSU would be the best itx mini case.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...e-sized-pc-case-7-9l.6643/page-11#post-111965

They have made a full custom 600W flexatx PSU. The PSU will be bundled with the case (in 2 of their 4 planned bundles)

The issue with sfx psfx psus, as Bernardo explained it to me, is that then the case would become wider than the would like it to be.

Btw,
Project is currently on hold due to bureaucracy issues.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
[Update] Z-Cases are back online and will go to kickstarter on Feb.22

We are excited to announce that we have resolved our issues and move on to the final phase of preparing to start our project in kickstarter

We also get a new website, check it out https://www.z-cases.com

Plus, we also opened a new e-mail address for inquiries: support@z-cases.com

See you on Kickstarter

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018

We are excited to announce that we have resolved our issues and move on to the final phase of preparing to start our project in kickstarter

See you on Kickstarter

That "Learn More" page was the hardest thing I've read in a long time. It was tough .

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2018

See you on Kickstarter

Welcome back Bernardo and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.