[SFFTEC] Enhance ENP 7660B Pro (Limited Edition): Custom 600w Flex ATX PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enhance ENP 7660B Pro is a custom 600w Flex ATX power supply developed by SFFTEC. This powerful 80+ Platinum PSU is manufactured and customized by Enhance with a quiet fan, black short cables, and dark body. It fits neatly in most SFF PC cases, and will have a very limited stock

Lead time: June | Final batch – Only 80 units available!

Product warranty: 180 days

Ps: it’s unlikely that we’ll make another batch after this one is sold out, so it might be the last chance to purchase
Unfulfilled orders from before it was announced will have these same specs

Features:
High quality/Innovative: Manufactured and customized by Enhance (safety approved), dark painted body
Powerful/Silent: 600w 80+ Platinum, quiet 40mm fan (about 20dB noise until 480w power usage)
Compact: Less than 0,5L volume, fits in most SFF PC cases, shortened black cable set (clean and easy cable management)
Widely tested: Hundreds of units shipped worldwide, developed since 2018, multiple reviews available online
And more...

Specifications:
Model: ENP 7660B Platinum Series
Power: 600w
Dimension: 150mm(L) * 81.5mm(W) * 40.5mm(H)
On/Off Switches: None
PFC: Active
Fan Size: 40mm (exhaust)
Efficiency: 92% @ 50% loading (80+ Platinum)
Hold-up Time: 16ms @ 75% loading
Safety: CE/FCC/UL/Nemkoo CB/CCC
Protection: OPP/OVP/OCP/OTP/UVP/SCP/No Load Operation

Cables: 1* 20/24pin (250mm), 1* 4+4pin (350mm), 2* 6+2pin PCI Express (250mm + 50mm), 2* SATA (200mm + 100mm)
Customizations (made by Enhance – Safety approved): quiet fan, black shortened cables, dark painted body

Fan Noise and Voltage: ~20dB (@1m distance) and 3.5V until 480w output power; From 480-600w, it ramps up to ~35dB (@1m distance) and 8V. Fan Model: AD0412XB-C51

Input: 100V-240V (voltage); 60/50Hz (frequency); 8A-4A (current)
Output: 600w; 15A (+3.3V); 15A (+5V); 50A (+12V); 0.3A (-12V); 2.5A (5VSB)

Weight: ~1200g (2.6lb)

What's included: Enhance ENP 7660B Pro custom power supply
Does not include power cord!

Pictures:

More info/Available at: www.sfftec.com/shop

Last edited:

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
For those who may not have seen the email:

Hello, I hope you had a great holiday!

Shipping update:
- Z-CASE P50 (with or without psu):
80% of orders will be shipped until this Saturday. The other 20% will have to wait until March unfortunately, as we have to order another batch. This weekend I'll notify the ones who didn't get shipped.
- Jonsbo A4 and Cryorig C7G: All orders will be shipped until this Saturday, hopefuly.
- Enhance PSU: Unfortunately, all orders will have to wait until March, because of delays from Enhance. I really apologize for this, but please remember that this is an exclusive product which is much better than the Amazon unit, and still over 30% cheaper. If you need an unit immediately I recommend that you order it from Amazon while you wait for ours, as you won't regret the quality and can easily resell it with profit afterwards.

Cancel update:
If you want to cancel your order, that's totally fine, it was our mistake to claim such a short lead time. If that's the case, please reply to THIS EMAIL MESSAGE until this Thursday with your order number and reason for cancel (just for registration). I'll issue all refunds until the end of the month. Thanks for the comprehension, and I'm sorry again.

Regards, SFFTEC

OlliBolle

Chassis Packer
Jan 14, 2020
I ordered on Dec 10th and haven't had anything but an order confirmation. No response from @SFFTEC on email when I asked what was happening. If I have to wait until March I'd rather cancel my order but I don't know if I'm in the March group or not and it sepcifically said you had to reply to the above email to get a refund - an email I never got ?

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Pretty much. I was ready to pull the trigger in December, but I wanted to wait till they actually shipped out something before actually committing to the purchase. Looks like I was right to wait. The lack of communication is absolutely disappointing.

Reactions: iFight4Pi

iFight4Pi

Chassis Packer
Jan 19, 2020
New email from SFFTEC - he can't refund our orders. It's ridiculous that we have to post these while SFFTEC has gone radio silent on these forums and through individual emails:

Hello.
I have some bad news and good news

First, the bad news: I cannot issue the requested refunds because my Paypal account does not have enough funds for that, since I already invested most of it on buying stock! When I said on the last update that it was ok, I wasn't expecting that over 50% of customers would require a cancellation. Be aware that a delay isn't the same of "not receiving an item", and some Paypal supervisors confirmed me that.

Now the good news: All delayed orders will have its product warranty increased from 30 to 180 days, and will receive a discount coupon for future purchases in our store.
Also, Enhance PSU orders will have the option to choose from 3 different cable sets: Standard (the current one, same as the Amazon unit), Velkase sized (I'll check with Michael soon what is the perfect combination), and Z-CASE sized. Reply this email to choose which of those you want.
And Z-CASE P50 orders will come from a new batch, which will have clearer TG panel, black USB cable, included feet and some other small improvements.

I really hope you understand. I admit my mistake, but you are putting me in a very tough situation right now, and I'm trying to solve this in the best way possible. I'm a one-man startup that is offering pre-order exclusive products for a low price, not a big company.

Regards

iFight4Pi

Chassis Packer
Jan 19, 2020
And now for my rant:

This is completely and utterly beyond unacceptable. Until these past few weeks, none of this was communicated as a pre-order. @SFFTEC didn’t say anything about this being a pre-order at all besides a line at the very bottom of their original product page saying “Lead time: 15-30 days”, but then in their comments on this very thread they made it seem like they had inventory that could be shipped immediately:
If you choose express shipping, that's very likely
It depends on the CPU you will use with it. This PSU supports up to 600w usage, but only ~480w in silent.

We can't customize the cables now, unfortunately, because it would require us another full batch order from Enhance.
But if you take the necessary electrical precautions, you can try removing those yourself.

Then he changed the lead time line to "Lead time: March 2020" shortly after sending out the email about orders being delayed until March:
Hi @SFFTEC , I saw that you updated the main post.
I have 2 questions:
1. Lead time: March 2020, will be produced and shipped from March, correct?
2. As new orders will be opened, is it possible to request cable customization?
I think it is standard here to use only: mb 24pin, cpu 4 + 4pin, gpu 6 + 2pin and 1 sata.

Thanks for attention!

Now that the above email about no refunds has been sent, the website and his original comment have been edited (it looks like on 1/15), removing any mention of a lead time or this being a pre-order. I suspect he's trying to trick unaware people into thinking they're readily available and giving him money so that he can fund refunds for anyone who threatens legal/PayPal action, and if I'm wrong I invite @SFFTEC to please clarify. I'm calling it now, he will edit his comment and website to fix this without saying anything at all.

Not only that, none of this whole fiasco has been clearly communicated from @SFFTEC at all - they've gone completely radio silent on these forums and don't respond to any of our emails. People who ordered after the first email went out about shipping being delayed till 1/12/2020 didn't receive any communication about this and had to go to Reddit of all places to see the email copy/pasted from strangers on the internet. I bet if you try and order another PSU right now (with a $10 price bump from when it was originally advertised) you won't hear a peep out of @SFFTEC about any of these supposed cable customizations or why your order won't ship till March.

Given everything that's happened I highly doubt @SFFTEC will be able to honor any sort of 180 day warranty like they're claiming, and I'm highly skeptical they're going to be able to do anything about customizing the cables without delaying this order even more.

Nevermind the fact that many people (including myself) have started looking at other PSU options since receiving the March delay email last week, believing that we will get our orders refunded. Luckily I hadn't decided to buy a regular Enhance PSU yet, otherwise I would've had an order for a PSU that I don't need that apparently can't be refunded.

Speaking of which, despite @SFFTEC trying to claim otherwise in their email this is in clear violation of PayPal's pre-order policy:
PayPal permits pre-sales on a limited basis, only if the seller guarantees shipment within 20 days from the date of purchase and clearly identifies the item as a pre-sale. PayPal may apply additional conditions, such as proof of the seller's ability to successfully deliver the product: supplier information, purchase invoices, shipping information, or proof of delivery.

@SFFTEC keeps trying to hide behind the fact that they're a one-man startup and not a big company but that's just a piss-poor excuse for lacking basic communication - the barest of table stakes required to run any sort of organization that interacts with customers. Whether you're a one-person startup or a big company the people giving you their money have the right to know what's going on outside of mass emails to all your customers.

SFFTEC

Average Stuffer
Original poster
SFFTEC
Nov 17, 2019
www.sfftec.com
Hi.
I will give a proper answer in a few days, since I have too many emails and messages to handle right now.
But the basic situation is: I only claimed a lead time of 30 days at the beginning because Enhance told me they could ship in December. At the end of the month they changed their mind and warned me about the delay. I got so frustrated about the situation that things got a little out of control, specially with these much cancellation requests.

I am already doing my best to solve this, as you can see on today's email. Now, what else do you want from me? I apologized 3 times, admited my mistake, increased the product warranty, offered a discount coupon, and the option to customize the cables. You are getting an exclusive product for over 30% cheaper than the original unit on Amazon (which is worse than ours), and you can't wait a few more weeks to get it? This community has indeed changed a lot, I'm here since 2017 and people were usually more supportive...
I really wished I had never started this business, but I'm unfortunately forced to continue it, since I'm on the loss right now and have to recover the money invested.

CaptainTE

What's an ITX?
Jan 9, 2020
You might be able to get a similar 600w Enhance PSU from this TaoBao seller. But I can't read Chinese and idk which one on this page is for the internal PSU (that's made to fit a k39v2) and not the modular one (that will not fit in a Velkase) or vice versa. Also, pretty much all of China is closed right now for their holiday. That's probably part of why there is a delay with the PSU from SFFtec.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=533119895425

If you were to order from the Taobao seller, it would probably get to you later or around the same time as SFFtec is hoping to get their power supplies shipped. Just throwing out alternatives that I've found.

The SFFtec PSU (especially with the modified cables) is the best potential option. I am really hopeful they deliver and continue providing access to more of these customized 600w PSUs.

Reactions: pwnedundies

iFight4Pi

Chassis Packer
Jan 19, 2020
A proper response and your first post this decade! Thank you @SFFTEC for finally coming out of the woodwork. I apologize for the harsh wording in my earlier post - I was very frustrated, but I still stand by them.

Let's break it down:
Now, what else do you want from me? I apologized 3 times, admited my mistake, increased the product warranty, offered a discount coupon, and the option to customize the cables.

For the most part this is great and I really do appreciate the fact that you're doing this. The issue is as a business (or a one-person startup, if you will) you can't just communicate through mass emails like you have been doing - you need to make this absolutely clear on your website and on the forums that you choose to participate and promote your product in.

Communication builds trust. Increasing the product warranty, offering a discount coupon, and giving people the option to customize cables is great if people trust you, but it's really hard to trust someone that delays a product 3 months, denies refunds, and doesn't say anything at all outside of that. I might just be speaking for myself but I think I can say that a good number of us who have ordered really doubt that you'll be able to deliver on these promises. And I get that a lot of this is outside your control and that it's frustrating, but it's even more frustrating on the consumer end when you're not saying anything outside of mass emails.

Your last post before the one you just made was mid-December. Would it have been so hard to just answer all of the questions and comments that have been posted in the past month? People want to see transparency. People want to know what's going on. If you're not going to answer individual emails that people send you, you could at least post on this forum to show that you exist.

You sent out three emails but made no update of any sort on your own product page. Anyone that looked at your website and the Enhance PSU product page for the first time would have had no idea that it was a pre-order and that shipping was delayed till March. Additionally, they would have no idea that they could customize the cables like you said in your email. And it's clear that it's not hard to edit your product page either, since it looks like you just added the "Lead time: March 2020" line back to the product page. Not only that, it's still not absolutely clear that this is a pre-order for the PSU, the product title should be something like "[PRE-ORDER] Enhance 600w Flex ATX".

Emails are clearly not enough because as I have shown in my above comment, people are ordering your product and wondering when it will ship because you haven't publicly said anything about the delays until now. Your emails have been posted by strangers on the internet to inform others, which is just shady and not a good business practice at all.
You are getting an exclusive product for over 30% cheaper than the original unit on Amazon (which is worse than ours), and you can't wait a few more weeks to get it?

Correction: We might be getting an "exclusive" product (we'll get to the Amazon part) in a few months. Barring any delays, even if the orders get completed in March (and you didn't say when in March, could be March 31st) shipping will still take 15-30 days from China for those who paid for Standard shipping unless you want to upgrade everyone to Express shipping, which I doubt you will. Many of us ordered in December so this isn't just a few weeks' delay, we might not even see the product ship until April - four months later - for all we know.

Ok now back to the Amazon part. You're selling this product for $119 + $20 shipping, $139 total for a product that will take at least a few months to arrive. Current price on Amazon is $165 for free shipping or there's another seller who sells for $138 + $10 shipping so $148 total and I can have it at my door this week. Even if we went with the $165 option, your total cost for your product is only an 18.7% discount, and you only offer a 30 day (now 180 day) warranty while the Amazon one is a 1 year warranty. Granted your product does look better and I suspect that's why we all ordered it in the first place, but none of us knew what we were getting into when we ordered it and had I known that this would happen, I wouldn't have ordered in the first place.
This community has indeed changed a lot, I'm here since 2017 and people were usually more supportive...

People are usually more sympathetic to those who they know. By coming out after a month-long hiatus you've already made your situation more sympathetic to us. But it's a lot harder to be sympathetic when we're frustrated and not hearing anything at all from you. The least you could've done is stay active on the forums, answering questions, and just being transparent to your customers, that's all we want to see. You can't control for production delays but what you can control is how you communicate that out and making it clear from the start that this was a pre-order so we know what we're getting into.

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
Im truly disappointed that you are using our funds to invest in your business without any of our permission. I requested to cancel my order within 1 hour after placing it when I realized it was a pre-order and you don't have stock but you still went ahead and claimed the money to invest in your business.

I received this message 13th of January:

"Cancel update:
If you want to cancel your order, that's totally fine, it was our mistake to claim such a short lead time. If that's the case, please reply to THIS EMAIL MESSAGE until this Thursday with your order number and reason for cancel (just for registration). I'll issue all refunds until the end of the month. Thanks for the comprehension, and I'm sorry again."

I also replied to this email and confirmed I want to cancel and get full refund.

I am already doing my best to solve this, as you can see on today's email. Now, what else do you want from me?

Please proceed with my cancellation and full refund for order (#10108).

Last edited:

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
I will give a proper answer in a few days, since I have too many emails and messages to handle right now.
You wouldn't have to answer hundreds of individual emails if you would had posted an update on this thread. Not everyone who made an order was receiving email communications from you, so we've had to resort to reposting your email communications on this thread and on the sffpc subreddit to let people know about the delay.

This community has indeed changed a lot, I'm here since 2017 and people were usually more supportive...
It has changed a lot, we have this entire website as well as a subreddit at /r/sffpc with 65k+ readers. All you have to do is use them to post updates about order delays.

Edit: and as was said before, you didn't and still haven't even update your own website with information about the delay.

If you had updated this thread announcing the delays, keeping us in the loop, and basically just saying what you stated already in your emails, I'd definitely be defending you here. What's the point of having an account here and starting a thread to advertise your product if you won't keep it updated?

I still want your product and I don't mind waiting for it. I will be absolutely thrilled if I can get it with Velkase Velka 3 cable lengths and without the extra cables that will not be used. I hope I receive this product and that you can recover from this fiasco and continue to offer these products, however at this point the lack of communication from you over the past few months doesn't inspire any trust. I've opened a case with PayPal that will remain open until I receive a product, and if I do not have one by the time PayPal's buyer protection expires I will escalate to them.

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
I just put in an order and a note for the Velka 3 cable lengths/config @SFFTEC . I am fine waiting til March but I hope this is going to be delivered.

Daniel.f2277

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2020
I wonder if he was going to implement a selection option for the cable configs. Either way, I hope this whole rough patch for the custom Enhance PSU and Z-Case stuff gets worked out. I was pretty disappointed getting my Z-Case with the regular Enhance PSU since they didn't have the custom one in stock, but at least I received something equivalent from a value standpoint. Personally I would probably be willing to attempt to buy one of the PSU's one more time if they are really going to become available again, especially with the custom cables.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
As far as I know, SFFTEC mentioned they do not offer custom cables for the standalone PSU so its the same cable config you will get from ebay or other sellers. The customisation they did is to make it all black including the cables.

zxSwifty

Cable Smoosher
Dec 31, 2019
As far as I know, SFFTEC mentioned they do not offer custom cables for the standalone PSU so its the same cable config you will get from ebay or other sellers. The customisation they did is to make it all black including the cables.

He mentioned in this thread that he would offer different sets of sized cables.

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
ad0412xb-c51 is the stock fan in enhance 7660b units that you can buy from other sellers. This is the same fan as the fan curve image on the SFFTEC product listing website. @SFFTEC can you confirm what is the custom quiet fan you are talking about?

"Customizations: quiet fan (safety approved);"

Last edited:

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
i'm guessing my psu order did not get cancelled. i ordered back in october 2019. Just received an email from sffftec in regards to cable length......

i don't even have my velka 3 anymore.

cennis

Average Stuffer
Jan 13, 2020
I got a response from SFFTEC regarding cancelling order.

"I see here that you requested your psu with Velka cables. Are you sure you want to cancel it? Quality will be very good, you won't regret it.
If you still want to cancel, we charge a 4,5% fee on refunds, since this is what Paypal charges us."

I don't recall seeing this on the product listing, is this what the others on here have to pay as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.