[SFFTEC] Enhance ENP 7660B Pro (Limited Edition): Custom 600w Flex ATX PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enhance ENP 7660B Pro is a custom 600w Flex ATX power supply developed by SFFTEC. This powerful 80+ Platinum PSU is manufactured and customized by Enhance with a quiet fan, black short cables, and dark body. It fits neatly in most SFF PC cases, and will have a very limited stock

Lead time: June | Final batch – Only 80 units available!

Product warranty: 180 days

Ps: it’s unlikely that we’ll make another batch after this one is sold out, so it might be the last chance to purchase
Unfulfilled orders from before it was announced will have these same specs

Features:
High quality/Innovative: Manufactured and customized by Enhance (safety approved), dark painted body
Powerful/Silent: 600w 80+ Platinum, quiet 40mm fan (about 20dB noise until 480w power usage)
Compact: Less than 0,5L volume, fits in most SFF PC cases, shortened black cable set (clean and easy cable management)
Widely tested: Hundreds of units shipped worldwide, developed since 2018, multiple reviews available online
And more...

Specifications:
Model: ENP 7660B Platinum Series
Power: 600w
Dimension: 150mm(L) * 81.5mm(W) * 40.5mm(H)
On/Off Switches: None
PFC: Active
Fan Size: 40mm (exhaust)
Efficiency: 92% @ 50% loading (80+ Platinum)
Hold-up Time: 16ms @ 75% loading
Safety: CE/FCC/UL/Nemkoo CB/CCC
Protection: OPP/OVP/OCP/OTP/UVP/SCP/No Load Operation

Cables: 1* 20/24pin (250mm), 1* 4+4pin (350mm), 2* 6+2pin PCI Express (250mm + 50mm), 2* SATA (200mm + 100mm)
Customizations (made by Enhance – Safety approved): quiet fan, black shortened cables, dark painted body

Fan Noise and Voltage: ~20dB (@1m distance) and 3.5V until 480w output power; From 480-600w, it ramps up to ~35dB (@1m distance) and 8V. Fan Model: AD0412XB-C51

Input: 100V-240V (voltage); 60/50Hz (frequency); 8A-4A (current)
Output: 600w; 15A (+3.3V); 15A (+5V); 50A (+12V); 0.3A (-12V); 2.5A (5VSB)

Weight: ~1200g (2.6lb)

What's included: Enhance ENP 7660B Pro custom power supply
Does not include power cord!

Pictures:

More info/Available at: www.sfftec.com/shop

Last edited:

SFFTEC

Average Stuffer
Original poster
SFFTEC
Nov 17, 2019
www.sfftec.com
Has anyone tried this PSU with Vega 64? Do you think it will work (stock settings)?
It depends on the CPU you will use with it. This PSU supports up to 600w usage, but only ~480w in silent.
How do I customize it? Say, If I don't want the extra PCIE connector or the MOLEX/SATA/FDD connectors.
We can't customize the cables now, unfortunately, because it would require us another full batch order from Enhance.
But if you take the necessary electrical precautions, you can try removing those yourself.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
It depends on the CPU you will use with it. This PSU supports up to 600w usage, but only ~480w in silent.

Well, best if I just try it out lol. CPU is 65W so shouldn't be a problem. My vega64 is tripping 500w sfx supply, so I hope that 600w will be better. How much is shipping to Croatia?

Godalor

Chassis Packer
Sep 14, 2019
A bit more general question: Why do these Flex PSUs use exhaust fans? The only other opening for airflow is on the top side so with the exhaust fan running the PSU will pull in potentially hot air from the case and exhaust it to the back... Wouldn't it be better to pull cold air in through the back and let the air pressure push the hot air from the PSU into the case where it gets ventilated out? Does the PSU handle heat better than other PC components?

SFFTEC

Average Stuffer
Original poster
SFFTEC
Nov 17, 2019
www.sfftec.com
CPU is 65W so shouldn't be a problem. My vega64 is tripping 500w sfx supply, so I hope that 600w will be better. How much is shipping to Croatia?
I think it should be fine then.
We charge $20 for Standard shipping (15-30 days) and $50 for Express shipping (7-14 days).
A bit more general question: Why do these Flex PSUs use exhaust fans?
I agree with you that air intake should work better, although I'm not sure.
But since a PSU is mostly used attached on the back of a case, I think exausting air is an industry standard solution, mainly in server workstations (the same applies to other hardware like blower-style GPUs).
So this model probably couldn't fit a fan on the opposite side to make air exaust on the back while intaking.

Last edited:
Reactions: riba2233

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Well, best if I just try it out lol. CPU is 65W so shouldn't be a problem. My vega64 is tripping 500w sfx supply, so I hope that 600w will be better. How much is shipping to Croatia?

Hey I was having issues with a Vega56 tripping a 600w PSU but working fine on a 450w PSU. From what I learned over at the JohnnyGuru forums and other places it isn't the wattage that is causing it to happen but something about how Vega changes power states more quickly than most PSUs can handle and thus trips the over current protection (OCP). The quick and easy fix is to run Vega in power saver mode.

I started with a Silverstone 450w SFX model and Silverstone first notified me of the Vega issue and said they made changes to their PSUs later on. Then tried a Corsair 600w platinum model and still had issues. I got Corsair to RMA the 600w unit for a 'newer' one and it was fine. All along I was able to use some ancient 450w full ATX PSU I had laying around without any issues.

PS: I was lucky to spend 7 days in Croatia earlier this autumn - what a beautiful country you live in!

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Hey I was having issues with a Vega56 tripping a 600w PSU but working fine on a 450w PSU. From what I learned over at the JohnnyGuru forums and other places it isn't the wattage that is causing it to happen but something about how Vega changes power states more quickly than most PSUs can handle and thus trips the over current protection (OCP). The quick and easy fix is to run Vega in power saver mode.

I started with a Silverstone 450w SFX model and Silverstone first notified me of the Vega issue and said they made changes to their PSUs later on. Then tried a Corsair 600w platinum model and still had issues. I got Corsair to RMA the 600w unit for a 'newer' one and it was fine. All along I was able to use some ancient 450w full ATX PSU I had laying around without any issues.

PS: I was lucky to spend 7 days in Croatia earlier this autumn - what a beautiful country you live in!

Yeah, good point! And also it's very dependent on the application, like so far it has only happened in Fallout 4. Power save mode helps, but sometimes it resets to balanced so not a solution for me. I was thinking about flashing it to Vega 56 bios, but I haven't seen anyone doing that and I'm not sure that I want to be the first lol. I mean, it is double bios, so maybe... haha

Thank you ? It's nice but not everything is perfect.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Will there be large import taxes when shipping this to Europe? I'm tempted to buy one but don't want to end up having to pay a fortune :)

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
Great to see some more, quality options for SFF builders! Thanks SFFTEC!

Just a quick word of warning though regarding warranties: some regions of the world require much lengthier warranty lengths than 30 days for all products purchased by their citizens (even if the product is bought from overseas). If you're not going to offer warranty lengths longer than 30 days, please make sure you have a easy process for Enhance to provide warranty support

Twiddle

Efficiency Noob
Jan 28, 2018
Exciting to see a product that addresses the noise problem typical with flex PSU's. And it looks quite sharp with the black finish; decidedly nicer than the usual bare metal that you find on these server components.

Because this product is not modular, and Geeek's modular mod causes size compatability issues with some cases, it would be nice if someone wrote up a guide on removing unneeded/unwanted cables. Anyone know if such a guide already exists?

Godalor

Chassis Packer
Sep 14, 2019
Exciting to see a product that addresses the noise problem typical with flex PSU's. And it looks quite sharp with the black finish; decidedly nicer than the usual bare metal that you find on these server components.

Because this product is not modular, and Geeek's modular mod causes size compatability issues with some cases, it would be nice if someone wrote up a guide on removing unneeded/unwanted cables. Anyone know if such a guide already exists?

Guides definitely exist for ATX and SFX power supplies. Video-Guides even. The process is quite straightforward. The problem is that it comes with serious risk of electrocution. I usually leave the PSU disconnected for a day to let the capacitors discharge before I open one up but I'm still terrified of touching the coils or capacitors.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but if you got a soldering iron and think you're careful enough it's as simple as tracing the cables into their connectors in the case and then desoldering them from the connectors. Der8auer definitely has at least one video I've seen where he opens up a power supply to desolder some cables, can edit a link in a bit later.

cristianoveide

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 12, 2019
...I think i will die doing that....

And if i just chop the cables i dont wanna and put some eletric tape on them... that would be risk too?

Twiddle

Efficiency Noob
Jan 28, 2018
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but if you got a soldering iron and think you're careful enough it's as simple as tracing the cables into their connectors in the case and then desoldering them from the connectors. Der8auer definitely has at least one video I've seen where he opens up a power supply to desolder some cables, can edit a link in a bit later.
Though I am confident in my own abilities, and lucky enough to have friends who are actual electrical engineers, it's nice to know that there's public reference material out there.

An alternative idea for reducing cable clutter: instead of completely removing the unneeded cables at the internal solder points, just trim them down to 1-2 inches and reattach the header. It would be like a medusa-modular power supply, giving the best of worlds with minimal clutter, no need to open up the power supply, and still leaves the cables available for the future if needed (using standard cable extenders).

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
Any idea when these start shipping? Placed my order on 11/26 so it's coming up on the 30 days of the 15-30 day shipping.

This is the last piece for my Velka 3. Really looking forward to getting that running.

walterjrscs

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 6, 2019
Has anyone who bought this PSU actually received it? I paid for Express shipping on Dec 6 and so far heaven't received it. And what's worse, SFFTEC doesn't send you any shipping information whatsoever. I'm only posting here in hopes I receive an answer from them, because I've emailed them asking for updates on my purchase and no response unfortunately.

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
Has anyone who bought this PSU actually received it? I paid for Express shipping on Dec 6 and so far heaven't received it. And what's worse, SFFTEC doesn't send you any shipping information whatsoever. I'm only posting here in hopes I receive an answer from them, because I've emailed them asking for updates on my purchase and no response unfortunately.
I'm not associated with SFFTEC, but note that it was stated on the store page that the lead time for these units are 15-30 days. Meaning it could take up to 30 days after your order for the unit to actually be shipped.

Reactions: walterjrscs

walterjrscs

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 6, 2019
If you choose express shipping, that's very likely
Someone else here asked if ordering first week of December, if it would arrive before Christmas, to what SFFTEC responded that it would be very likely. Which made me think there isn't much of a lead time at this time. But I'm okay waiting. I just wish we would receive some shipping information. So far all I did was a transaction to a guy through Paypal and no more updates after that.

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
Someone else here asked if ordering first week of December, if it would arrive before Christmas, to what SFFTEC responded that it would be very likely. Which made me think there isn't much of a lead time at this time. But I'm okay waiting. I just wish we would receive some shipping information. So far all I did was a transaction to a guy through Paypal and no more updates after that.
Ah, I see.

Personally I would expect delays during the holiday season, but if the vendor has said otherwise then that's strange. We're covered by PayPal out to 180 days so I'm not too worried.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
since it is via Paypal, you should be covered but SFFTEC did confirmed that you can order it and use express and you can get it before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.