SFF.Network [SFF Network] Shuttle Launches Budget XPC Nano SFF PC

Shuttle Computer Group, Inc., , today announced its XPC Nano line of barebone computers, including the NC01UBING, a fully configured system with Windows Bing 8.1 pre-installed, designed specifically for commercial applications.

Marty Lash, director sales and marketing, Shuttle Computer Group states "These small, sophisticated beauties fit everywhere, and our new pre-configured NC01UBING comes with 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD and Windows Bing 8.1 at an ESP of $299. It's a killer product."

Read more here.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
RS-232? Are they hoping to also sell these to industrial markets for control of machinery?

Seems like it might be a decent nettop type machine. Not sure what the point to having to plug in another,external device for graphics when you could just get something slightly bigger that has them in the same box.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I would say they added RS232 for backwards compatibility for old hardware. Barcode readers, etc etc. Some commercial IT systems are an absurd blend of the old and new... For example my desktop at work is a Core2Duo HP SFF (w00t) box with 4gb RAM... and 2x Brand new HP IPS 23" LCDs. Oh and a low end nVidia Quadro GPU because I demanded moar powaaa

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Shuttle doesn't seem to care about commercial products anymore, many of their current products seem to be built towards PoS (Point of Sale), Kiosk and embedded applications considering their case designs and legacy ports.

Although I was glad my Shuttle X27D has a serial connector, I needed to have a console connection with an enterprise-class switch a while ago at home. I shoved Linux on a stick and I was on my way ! But so fringe that it's irrelevant for any consumer and even most power users.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Well I'm just confused as to what market it's aimed at, since it seems like it's aimed everywhere, from a light computer to work on spreadsheets, to running a CNC or POS equipment (what with the Serial Port), to being a glorified video player.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I guess it's kind of an answer to the intel NUCs, and designed to be versatile and useable in many different environments.

What is that strange connector at the bottom? Seems like an extension thing of some sorts, maybe carrying SATA and PCIex2 or x4.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
They also come with unique features like optional NVIDIA, and AMD docking stations for superior graphics.