SFF.Network [SFF Network] Custom motherboard waterblock for the EVGA X99 Micro2

The incredibly talented user nateman_doo over on the EVGA forums is currently in the process of designing a custom waterblock for the EVGA X99 Micro2 (a board which we reviewed here). He has designed and manufactured several custom blocks over the last few years and most amazing to me is that he's done it with a CNC machine that he built himself!

The required number of reservations has been met for work to start on the Micro2 block but there's no guarantee of availability past this first batch so if you're interested in getting one for yourself please chime in on the thread on the EVGA forums: http://forums.evga.com/X99-Micro-2-Waterblock-m2419699.aspx

Read more here.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
What a cool absolutely niche thing this is. The Stinger Waterblock is a thing of pure beauty, as unnecessary as it might be. Looks like the demand for a mono-block is high, so if there aren't any overly large problems with that, it is probably the way to go.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'd feel so fulfilled if I could build my own CNC machine. The world of motherboard blocks is a difficult one as there are so many boards with different layouts, so it seems natural that some of these are crowd-sourced.
But I'm an air-man now, I believe in the power of the wind, heatsinks and heatpipes.