Prototype SF-ATX Aluminum mainstream case (CX2 update)

Wherebestcase

Cable Smoosher
Jun 23, 2021
With more clarity on the layout plus slim ODD, SD card reader and an inverted motherboard tray I am almost certainly buying this

AlexKravKing

Efficiency Noob
Jul 16, 2021
Interesting! Look forward to the reveal. I hope you make a version without handle and with possibility to mount some fans at top.

tedlas

Average Stuffer
Aug 18, 2015
Super interested!!
If you get eatx working, this allows for more am4 mobos that have 10gbe.
Dual 280 rads is what I'm looking for.
Priced 200 or less makes me moist.

duynguyenle

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 20, 2019
I've recently received my Salvo S700 case, based on the project description, it looks like this is gonna be along the same lines, but with more conventional layout (S700 is "semi-sandwich"). I think the price point is going to be very attractive, especially for people with ATX boards but still want to fit it into a smaller footprint.

Reactions: thelaughingman

fboldog

Case Bender
New User
Oct 15, 2020
Awesome news.
I went with FD's Meshify 2 Compact after saw the slowdown & pause of Chimera CX2.
With this targeted pricing and support of ATX motherboard and psu, the SF-ATX case will be my new "dream" external watercooling house. 😍

I know my configuration (big external rad, 280 backup rad in the case - removing the external rad. my desktop still could cool the components, just not fully noiseless) is really small market.

But 😁
Is there any plan for pass-through cutouts or official brackets?
(because the universal versions - like this - using bit awkward design from my view)

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
unless you plan to secondhand the case off in the future, i don't see the apprehension to do permanent mods to it (maybe other than cutting quality and mistakes or revisions?)

Reactions: tedlas

Wherebestcase

Cable Smoosher
Jun 23, 2021
My current build uses the Silverstone RL08, I was planning on going to an Ncase for the greater portability plus ODD, then figure out how to add an SD card reader, but besides the fact that I don't know where to buy UHS-III and/or express SD card readers, mini-itx is too limited to effectively run a do all system. If there were more, and clearer, renders, I'd have a better idea on where I'd want a slim ODD plus 2 SD card readers to go.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Really hoped for rads on bottom and top, with almost no space in front.
Taller, so that take up less desk space.

Looks really nice! am excited for progress.

The latest Nvidia 30XX GPUs like MSI Suprim and HOF are really long, removing the front fans space for smaller desk space just not worth it with larger GPUs needing the space anyways.

There are some rumors that next gen GPU might use a older tech just to get more capacity and keep the cost sane, which imply even bigger GPUs, think 4 slot and 350mm long *value GPU.

What can we do when GPU just keeps getting bigger.

Last edited:

equa

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 10, 2019
Please drop these horns, consider that this variant can be easily targeted by professionals that want a nice looking compact design with traditional layout (aka no compromises with air cooling), and for me, as being one, these would ruin the idea of cx2 that i casually been waiting for so long.

Reactions: youngdocument