confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Firstly, a disclaimer. While it may seem like this review comes about a bit too soon after my 'RGB can be ok' rant, this review item was not a sample provided by the manufacturer, and thus the rant was not just me redacting my opinions so that I could get a freebie. I legitimately purchased this product for my own use, and have chosen to review it. I just wanted to play with shiny glowy things, ok? With that out of the way, on to the review.

So, you're building that awesome system to please your eyes and blow your mind, but are lacking that final touch? How about some RGB fans? Is it worth joining the hype to add to complete the aesthetics of your build? I don't know, but read on to see if these particular fans would suit you.

Read more here.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
I wonder if Enermax will help them sell that product worldwide. I'm not sure how deep their partnership runs outside of the SteelWing.

I would also be curious to see if that fan controller could physically handle all slots being occupied by various fans. The fan controller that DeepCool showcased at CES started to stutter and then seize when powering 8 fans at lower RPM rates.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Not sure on the electrical side, upon internal inspection I have discovered:

Mosfets x 4: NKO TD381BA GNC8S1902 (I think one mosfet per two or 3 fans,/RGB strip channels)
Microcontroller: ATMEL259 4G02N SU27 0
Third chip: no markings

Everything appears to be wired in parallel.