Saving the best for last (Dan A4-SFX)

brookZ

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 10, 2018
This is the third SFF build, two in the Skyreach 4 mini, both to replace the gigantic cases I was using, life is better when you can actually use your desk, the build:

• Asrock X299 Mini-Itx
  • GTX 1080 (reference) *how did I not include a GPU, blame it on Hendrick's
  • Intel I7-7820X
  • 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws
  • Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
  • Asetek 545LC 92mm
  • Corsair SF 600 (CORSAIR SF Series Premium PSU Cable Kit)
  • Dan A4-SFX

The build is complete, testing temperatures and voltage, so far holding at 4.3 with no issue, but using a larger radiator, will have to see after I get the case in a week or so, will post when the build is complete

I will add the images, for those that need it. The system is in a Phanteks Mini ITX case, awaiting the arrival of what I hope will be the last build for 2018, getting close to the divorce threshold if I bring in any more computers in the house

Last edited:

digispa

Cable Smoosher
Mar 5, 2017
This sounds like an interesting build. Can't wait to see some pictures as well.

Question - why no GPU? Just wondering if there's a specific reason for the exclusion.

Maybe it's time to start hiding some computers so the mrs doesn't see them. Under the couch maybe? :)

brookZ

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 10, 2018
This sounds like an interesting build. Can't wait to see some pictures as well.

Question - why no GPU? Just wondering if there's a specific reason for the exclusion.

Maybe it's time to start hiding some computers so the mrs doesn't see them. Under the couch maybe? :)

oversight, going to be a GTX 1080, have one on hand, thanks

brookZ

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 10, 2018
This has been a strange little case to work in:

This is not my first time in a small case, the Skyreach S4 mini is a small case, I assumed this would be as easy to build in, was I wrong.
  1. Not all motherboards are the same, in my case I had a riser for the USB and SATA that gave me clearance issue
  2. The Fan orientation has to be set as exhausting in to the case, so you need to flip the fan around, but the blades touch the radiator, just enough to cause them to touch, to solve this I added spacer between the radiator and the fan at the bottom to give them enough room to clear, I will add the photo
  3. I had the PUS reversed, became clear that I could not get enough air to keep the PSU cool
  4. I had to run the GPU and CPU cables through the back of the case, this gave me less cables in the front to manage, even with Corsairs cables it would not close
  5. This little AIO is good, but I will have to Delid the CPU to get some respectable temperatures
  6. The Asrock X299 Motherboard has a daughter card that has USB 3 and all the SATA, need a right angle adapter to use make it work, would not close, for now I have something on order, i will update when it arrive
  7. The GPU was no issue, using a GTX 1080 (Founders edition)

This is the USB low profile cable, this works

(The case feet are leaving streaks on my desk, This is the first case that has ever done that? if anyone has a recommendation please let me know

Last edited:
Reactions: 3lfk1ng

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Hee hee hee. Having one with a couple of drives below the psu, I can easily understand how tight that area is. Good job getting it in. And yes, I hate the Corsair cables, even the premium sets.

Last edited: