GPU SAPPHIRE Pulse Radeon RX 570 ITX

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Found this while browsing Videocardz. Looks like we finally got what we wanted. Looks like an oversized shroud. The board look like its 3-5mm bigger than reference height. I hope Sapphire does us right and have the PCIe power recessed.

https://videocardz.net/sapphire-radeon-rx-570-4gb-mini/

However, it seems that sapphire forgot everything they learned from AMD's NANO and their previous 380 release. You had one job sapphire... one job!

Below is the super well engineered AMD Nano cooler...

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
YES! *looks at pcie power plug location *.

AAWWWW!

What do you mean? I think my original post (now edited) was confusing, the PCIe power you originally saw is from the 380, which is front facing... which is where we want it. The 570 has side facing (standard)... which is what I hate. :/

I just want a damn reference height, dual slot, 170mm, front facing recessed PCIe power. Is that too much to ask!?

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Ok I get what you mean now I have the Nitro 480 and like the front facing connection. But that adds length so I was thinking that adding that length to this mini 570 might make it too long for some enclosures.

Having it on the side adds height so that could cause fitment issues in that direction. This one looks recessed maybe? Which may help but like you pointed out it is taller ti begin with. Depends on the use case either way certainly.

I'm on the same page now!

And yeah the nano cooler has all the right stuff. Just someone slap it on the new cards already...

Reactions: cmyk78

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It is amusing, but AMD hasn't shied away from using Intel CPUs to showcase their recent video cards pre-Ryzen. Even Project Quantum used an Intel system since a high-performance Mini-ITX rig wasn't possible with AMD CPUs at the time.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
It is amusing, but AMD hasn't shied away from using Intel CPUs to showcase their recent video cards pre-Ryzen. Even Project Quantum used an Intel system since a high-performance Mini-ITX rig wasn't possible with AMD CPUs at the time.

Furthermore, until we get Ryzen itx boards.. It still isn't. :(

Reactions: jeshikat

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com

We're looking at about 5mm above reference height. The length for the board is pretty much the same, but with the 1060 extends a bit more with the shroud.

I'm not sure I can justify buying it yet because I'll need a hackjob low profile 6pin PCIe power connector.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Zgembo

Trash Compacter
Apr 14, 2017
The card is actually proper ITX--the renders are just bad.
Nice! I am contemplating on getting this one to try to cool it passively. Any chance you could share its BIOS? I need to check BIOS DDR5 clocks and TDP defaults to be sure this can be passively cooled in a reasonable manner...
Also, would you be so kind and share exactly how many mm the PCB goes above the metal bracket?

Last edited:

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Nice! I am contemplating on getting this one to try to cool it passively. Any chance you could share its BIOS? I need to check BIOS DDR5 clocks and TDP defaults to be sure this can be passively cooled in a reasonable manner...
Also, would you be so kind and share exactly how many mm the PCB goes above the metal bracket?

10mm from the tab, so about 5mm over reference.

Peace

Zgembo

Trash Compacter
Apr 14, 2017
10mm from the tab, so about 5mm over reference.

Peace
Thnx! Seems it would fit in the DB4 just fine, leaving just enough space to pull few 6mm heat-pipes through...
Can you please share the BIOS? Onegai, it should be super simple to extract the thing in GPUZ or some such software...

Zgembo

Trash Compacter
Apr 14, 2017
I got the card, and it just barely fit inside Streacom DB4, due to its height. The PCB goes 11 mm above the metal tab edge, so it's pretty difficult, yet doable, to insert the card without removing the motherboard. The worst hassle is the 6-pin connector, I had to cut the plastic header on a cable a bit to put the wires sideways, and then it fits inside the case, barely. They really should had positioned the damn connector somewhere else, or at least dig it few millimetres deeper inside. Length-wise, the card would fit just anywhere.

I'll play with stripping it naked in the following days to check how it cools passively...