S4 Mini Classic #77 - Sputnik

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Looks like it should be pretty doable with MDPC-X (or similar) and I wouldn't mind giving it a try ;)
Sounds good to me! Everything I have on hand is paracord though so I might need to source materials from you for my fan/other cables in the build. I'll shoot you a PM once I have my scheme figured out :)

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Haha thanks :) To be honest I'm not entirely sure if there's quite enough clearance without modding the button itself. We'll see!

Reactions: AleksandarK

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Thanks everyone :) Been a bit stressed with school lately and that carried over into this project, but I managed to get the funds organized and I placed orders for an HDPlex AC/DC/ATX combo and the C8 power cord and inlet. Should arrive soonish, so expect updates!

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
The Dynamo Has Arrived!

Yay! :) Time to get some modding done. Still deciding on my color scheme but I'm leaning towards warmer colors. Maybe a rouge purple? MDPC Purple looks nice.

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Inlet Soldered!

White is neutral...

Red is live...

All by it's lonesome

Nothing exploded so I think checking pin-outs payed off :) Things are coming together swiftly...

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Just a Little Note
There has been no end to the fits this rig has given me. Blue-screens, freezing, inexplicable under-performance, etc. Thankfully I think I finally narrowed the instability down to the PCIe riser; swapping it out seems to have resolved system crashes as well as audio interference.

Unfortunately I refreshed my installation of Windows 10 before swapping the cable so I need to reinstall a bunch of stuff. Just getting Skyrim in now, prior to the swap I was getting 5 fps on the absolute lowest settings with a fresh campaign, hopefully this pans out better.

Reactions: AleksandarK

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
If that was the copper Siliflex riser I sent you? If so, it was a brand new never opened unit. As such, I would consider sending it back to HDPlex or requesting a new unit.

Also I mailed you a little something that I forgot to include with your case and it should arrive in a week or two. I hope you enjoy it :)

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
If that was the copper Siliflex riser I sent you? If so, it was a brand new never opened unit. As such, I would consider sending it back to HDPlex or requesting a new unit.

Also I mailed you a little something that I forgot to include with your case and it should arrive in a week or two. I hope you enjoy it :)
Yay! Yeah it was that cable, I'm not too worried about it though :) My old one is working fine and I might commission a shorter one from Li-Heat. I'll keep an eye out for any packages.

ORANGULAN LIVES
Indeed it does!

Reactions: Andrew.J.Vigil

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Water-Cooling!

*Maniacal Laughter*

I've already made the necessary mods to mount the radiator internally, I'm just waiting on some hard-line fittings and tubing :) I'll be using my low-profile MSI 750ti, all test fitments tell me it'll work. As far as I know, this will be the first brick-less and internally water-cooled S4M-C. The pump is pretty annoying but I'll play with the input voltage (it's 3 pin), hopefully that will resolve this issue. Once I get everything together I'll be taking MUCH better quality pictures.

Andrew.J.Vigil

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2017
Water-Cooling!

*Maniacal Laughter*

I've already made the necessary mods to mount the radiator internally, I'm just waiting on some hard-line fittings and tubing :) I'll be using my low-profile MSI 750ti, all test fitments tell me it'll work. As far as I know, this will be the first brick-less and internally water-cooled S4M-C. The pump is pretty annoying but I'll play with the input voltage (it's 3 pin), hopefully that will resolve this issue. Once I get everything together I'll be taking MUCH better quality pictures.
That is SICK dude. I can't wait to see the follow-ups.

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Hard-line fittings and tubing ordered! Wanted to use fittings for the bends but I'm not sure there's room, so I'll be bending the tubes. I went with PETg for that reason, and made sure to order double what I thought I needed to make sure I can get things looking proper. :) Now that that's on it's way, I can actually focus on Radian and stop daydreaming about this.