S4 mini #123

vioscity

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Project name : 123 ANP
Loc: DVO, PHP

Trying to Build a PC thats "just enough" for 1080p gaming.
Hassle free and Very Clean using the Pico PSU and 1060 mini.

Specs:
* mobo: Asus Z270i
* CPU: I5 6600k
* CPU cooler: Zalman CNPS2x
* Memory: 4x8G HyperX Predator 3200
* PSU: Pico PSU 160xt + 192w Power Brick
* Storage: 500gb 850evo
* GPU: Zotac 1060 mini 6gb

* Tuned the CPU to run at 35w max @ CPUID HWMonitor( idk if its really a good basis)
* Limited my GPU FPS to 60fps via Nvidia Inspector to match my monitor refresh rate. ( no need for excess FPS that my monitor cant display and to avoid redundant GPU workload.

ps: forgive my lousy cellphone pics :(

Thank you Josh for this Amazing Case

vioscity

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Rainbow is the best band of the late 70s/early 80s so Vioscity has good taste! XD

Nyahaha. Still new to PC stuff. So Razer's marketing propaganda really got me with their chroma lighting. I realized the moving colors gets really distracting. So i switch to solid white or non when using the PC.

Last edited:

VaporGB

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 5, 2017
yep! i overshot a bit hehe. im really happy doesnt get below 60fps in majority of modern titles. hehe
When I ordered my parts I wanted to do a "just enough" to do 1080p Rocket League then got carried away. 6600(non k) and 1070, gonna be sweet. My S4 is almost here. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to start my build. So Excited.

Reactions: cmyk78

Coach_Rico

Average Stuffer
Mar 16, 2017
Yes, i only used the molex that came with the pico psu. and used a molex to 6 pin for the GPU
Did you make your own extension cable from the Pico PSU to the powerbrick connector? I have the same PSU/Brick combo and the cable are too short to reach the connector mounting point. I had to solder my own plug etc ...

LjSpike

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 20, 2017
Nice setup, I'm personally not a Razer fan, Logitech K120 Keyboard and turtle beach headset ALL THE WAY! (Seriously though, the K120 is a really quite reliable, and good quality motherboard. If I had one wish, it'd be a K120RGB)

Anyway, thing I must question you on: Why do you have a massive speaker right there? I could understand a surround sound setup using miniature high quality speakers if you wanted to get a really nice experience in watching movies on your PC and be able to tell where someone is firing from in the FPS of your choice, however one really long massive speaker doesn't make sense in my head? It looks like it's actually 2 joined together, giving the beginnings of surround sound, but I mean, all scaling up a speaker will do is make it so you can hear your game from further away?