S4#25

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
S4 Mini #25 is a full-build, and the customer has graciously given me free reign in aesthetics of the design. 25 years is a silver anniversary, and I think that a small celebration is in order for my 25th retail S4 Mini!

Today's post celebrates the hardware:

#####################################################################################

#####################################################################################

Last edited:

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Man, this just makes me wish I could build custom systems for a living :p

Those are some glorious photos, too, excellent job!

Reactions: Josh | NFC

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
As someone who has worked on enough vehicles to understand that shrouds and dams are more important than radiator and fan choices in cooling a system, I didn't take the decision to remove the Zotac shroud lightly. The fins of the heatsink transverse the card, which completely change my cooling plans. The shroud actually covers the exit path of the air, and does not force the air down into the fins. Combined with the poor performance of the cooler, modding is in order!

Yup, the shroud does squat. Level 2: ENGAGE :p

Reactions: Phuncz

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Man, this just makes me wish I could build custom systems for a living :p

Those are some glorious photos, too, excellent job!

Thanks man. I love my job and customers!

Very cool idea with the heatsinks on the ICs. And yes, those photos are beautiful. Maybe put them all into a single post, though :)

Thanks!!! I'm trying to tell a story with the images so I think this helps. Sorry if you don't agree--don't want to annoy anyone >.<

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Uhoh! The fan interferes with the heatsink shroud mounts! :eek:

These will need to be trimmed and filed cleanly so RMA department will never know the difference :cool:

:):thumb:

Reactions: Phuncz