Closed S3 MINI - 001

Status
Not open for further replies.
For sale is the first S3 MINI of the final production run. Less than 70 of these chassis are "in service" of the 100 made.

At this time, there are no other available S3 MINIs, so please don't ask. Thank you!!!

The cost is $300.00 which is about the cost of the powdercoat.

-------PLEASE READ CAREFULLY IF INTERESTED--------------

1. The S3 MINI is not a chassis with universal fitment. It is actually the same width as a standard ATX I/O cover. Because of this, custom I/O covers were build (or had to be built) to fit the chassis (comes with custom backplate for DH77DF).

2. The expansion slots support TWO, single slot cards, but most DOUBLE SLOT expansion cards need to have a small (but very simple) cut made to their PCIE Key. This was done with a pair of pliers on a leatherman.

Building in a S3 MINI is VERY challenging! If you move outside the recommended hardware it is modding level hard, but the results can be worth it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HARDWARE SUPPORT

You're going to be on your own, but the 100% compatible layout is based off the Intel DH77DF. If your board's IO matches, then you should be good. You have less than 44mm of interior height above the standoffs (A NH-L9i will literally press against the cover panel). You have 8" for the expansion card, and oversized cards might fit, but I recommend against it. there is no cooling to the underside of your expansion card, and that is where you have room for two SSDs and your ribbon cable. Keep it simple--a 1060 is the max I would consider and the 1050ti is PERFECT.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make things simple I can provide a barebones kit for your install, or you can base your build off it:

$155
Pico 160XT KIT (HDPLEX 160 will NOT fit)
6" A SIDE shielded 16x ribbon cable (PALADIN INNOVATORS version, very high quality)
Factory Sealed Retail Intel DH77DF (this matches the powdercoated backplate)

For $185 I can add:
EVGA Geforce 1050ti 4GB
8GB DDR3 ram
Samsung Evo 840 MSATA with heatsinks
Thermaltake Engine 27 or Zalman CNPS2x
Sleeved and wired bulgin switch

If you buy the whole kit I can install everything for you so you don't need to mess with it. You just need to supply your CPU of choice (I recommend an i7 3770s)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING and please ask any questions below if possible instead of email, but if not please do email me.

Last edited:

MJVR1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2015
Im sad that your next S3's won't come with the aggressive look. Really liked that about it vs the classy styling of the S4. I don't have the money but I hope this piece of art finds a warm and loving home. The powder coats really does look beautiful.

Reactions: ricochet

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Yooooo... I can't believe you're selling the first S3 mini. Being broke sure sucks :( I too really love the raw look of the case. Some fancy looking vents but other than that a no BS utilitarian design, just there to hold your PC together.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Updated the thread with better pictures. Still doesn't capture the complexity of the colors, but it is better.

This is the same color as the top and bottom panels, but with the light at a different angle:

Notice how it comes to life and starts sparkling?

This is STEEL OCEAN btw...but more on this ultra LE powder later.

Reactions: Phuncz
Status
Not open for further replies.