RTX 3060Ti Aero alternative? Meet the DIY PALIT StormX 3060Ti ITX Edition

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
I'm researching SFX cases and I found this Peeress Rider R2.
It is aesthetically good, fairly cheap and minimal liter.
I'm currently looking at the Densium 4...
It's wooden front plate makes it pretty attractive, and would seem to meet your needs.

noobita

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 28, 2022
today I completed my mod with a DIY backplate - nothing fancy, just for protection

I doubt it will help anything but I also put some thermal pads behind the area of the VRMs

next up I will move the card in my MIT1 build and see how it performs there...

PS: as you can see, I made two of those backplates. If someone is going to replicate this mod and should need one - just let me know.

edit: here are the test results with the backplate - a little bit cooler but this could also be the weather today

Hi, how di you make that backplate? Is it made of metal?

oasis1991

Trash Compacter
Dec 20, 2021
those are solid caps - they usually don't get that hot and with the PALIT cooler mod you can probably get away with cooling them only by the airflow the fan is pushing against them
hey, i have stupid question

but now my rtx a4000 has audible coil whine while idling (like annoying level since it is louder than the gpu fan at 1000 rpm)

definitely not 7660b coil whine i am sure

is it possible that becasue i didnt cool those solid caps properly thus make them whining?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
hey, i have stupid question

but now my rtx a4000 has audible coil whine while idling (like annoying level since it is louder than the gpu fan at 1000 rpm)

definitely not 7660b coil whine i am sure

is it possible that becasue i didnt cool those solid caps properly thus make them whining?

As the name suggests, coil whine comes from high frequency vibrations inside the coils (inductors) not caps. But you can try to apply some thermal pads to caps and inductors and see if it dampens the noise a bit.