Production REVOCCASES - RCC-MID1 | industrial style case with 180mm fan and rad support

oOflyeyesOo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 25, 2020
Here is a little info for you guys. It looks like the AP183 may be the best options, though they have a few 180mm that would work well for a radiator, or even air.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Okay... I have tried to combine as many suggestions as possible and finalized the drawings. The result is a quite versatile case providing many possibilities concerning cooling, silent operation and vertical/horizontal orientation. And the best: it will be really affordable. Can I already call it "revolutionary"? :p

If everyone agrees, I'll start with the prototypes...

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
I have a strange usecase since I want to put two 3,5 inch HDDs in it (no GPU) but putting one of the fans on the outside there should be enough space :) I have a 3D printer at hand so I'm sure I'll make it fit.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I have a strange usecase since I want to put two 3,5 inch HDDs in it (no GPU) but putting one of the fans on the outside there should be enough space :) I have a 3D printer at hand so I'm sure I'll make it fit.

That should fit. Probably just have to drill some additional mounting holes. Guess you want to use it as hifi / htpc?

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
That should fit. Probably just have to drill some additional mounting holes. Guess you want to use it as hifi / htpc?

NAS (owncloud etc) plus I can use it for LANs, as we only play old games anyways. As it will be on 24/7 a big cooler (100 mm is damn fine) and big fans is perfect.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
NAS (owncloud etc) plus I can use it for LANs, as we only play old games anyways. As it will be on 24/7 a big cooler (100 mm is damn fine) and big fans is perfect.
Also a good idea. I just thought because you asked for HDplex support ;)

PS: I guess you could also put a handle on like a ghetto blaster and make it portable for your LANs :D

Setakka

Case Bender
New User
Apr 30, 2020
Love the air chamber design, and the increased water cooling support compared to the BIG. It'll be interesting to see how the thermals of this compare to the BIG.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
just to keep you update... everything is still on track with the samples: metal parts are in production and components for the testing build arrived. :)

Reactions: jØrd

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Correct. AP181 fans and Magicool 180mm rads. Also bought a cheap Enermax 120mm AIO for testing.

PS: the quality of the rads is not very good. But they are cheap.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Yeah, I guess you would be disappointed with the magicool rads.

I love the AP181! Rock solid and they have a small switch where you can choose the fan speed. Not sure if you would need it because they are really silent even at full speed, but anyways I made two small cutouts at the back of the case to support this feature. But of course you can also go for AP182 or AP183 if you prefer PWM control of the fans.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
finally, here are the first real pictures showing a proof-of-concept prototype made from acrylic.

this is just to show you some examples concerning the cooling and orientation options this case has to offer.

dual rad horizontal

dual fan horizontal

single / dual fan vertical

There are also holes to support 200mm fans (outside mounted) and brackets for smaller fans and AIOs. Like I said, the case gives many options for creative cooling ideas...

PS: I found a great DC/DC power supply which would allow to use almost every CPU cooler in RCC-MID1, no matter how high (well, max. 170mm)...

Pico-Box X300 mini

I have already ordered a sample to check it out!

Last edited: