Prototype REVOCCASES RCC-BRICKMOD1 / build your own power brick with up to 500W output

External or Internal or both / where would you put the AC-DC unit?

• External

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Internal

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • option for both

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Till - Revoccases

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I mean, the external case for any sff psus, nearly like what seasonic did with their ATX titanium psus https://seasonic.com/prime-titanium-fanless, but still have space for a 92mm fan. The benefit for sandwich case is that air blown from bottom fans can't be block, it would go through the power supply and go up.
Now I get it. :)

Which dimensions or compatibility do you have in mind? A case like that would almost be as big as a standard Sfx power supply. Except the airflow, not many advantages here I can see.

Wouldn't my Sfx to meanwell bracket be enough already?

Last edited:

Till - Revoccases

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
not giving up just yet... I found a suitable profile which would fit perfectly...

I'll build a prototype in the coming days and see how it turns out.

Could be a nice alternative to the modded DELL bricks if it works as planned.

Reactions: scatterforce

xredlinexx1

Caliper Novice
Mar 18, 2019
I'm surprised by the disinterest in external psu. Personally my dream would be to have a premium passively cooled (I could deal with a fan that turns on and off) metal 500w brick. Then have aviator connectors from the brick to your PC. Then have a aviator connector or something else to molex/atx cable inside the PC. This would open up so many possibilities in cooling for a lot of the sff pcs. I keep looking at my Dan a4 and really just want the whole psu gone so I can easily put in a full custom loop.

Till - Revoccases

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I'm surprised by the disinterest in external psu. Personally my dream would be to have a premium passively cooled (I could deal with a fan that turns on and off) metal 500w brick. Then have aviator connectors from the brick to your PC. Then have a aviator connector or something else to molex/atx cable inside the PC. This would open up so many possibilities in cooling for a lot of the sff pcs. I keep looking at my Dan a4 and really just want the whole psu gone so I can easily put in a full custom loop.
You just read my mind. One small brick like that could easily replace two big DELL bricks and power your Gunique, HDplex, or similar DC-DC converter.

Yeah, I was planning to use XT60 as DC output connector and also offer some cable options.

Till - Revoccases

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Looking good!

So for getting power from here to the system. I know we can use a pico psu, g-unique, or hdpelx 200w for the motherboard and CPU. But how about a high powered gpu? Are there any decent solutions?
Working on it.