Production RCC-BIG1 | vertical small footprint 13L SFF case | supports 300mm 2.5 Slot GPUs and NH-L12S

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Thanks. Yes, the new samples will have some more openings on the mounting plate. On the bottom I'm not sure if this will work due to mechanical stability. But I can make a stress test with my ssd to see where we are with temps.

laxu

Case Bender
New User
May 5, 2020
Interesting case!

I agree with what was posted earlier in the thread that getting GPU temps under 80C in reasonable ambient temp would be a good goal. I find that going above that on my 2080 Ti means it starts to throttle on top of getting pretty noisy with stock fans on a 2.5 slot card. CPU temps in general are less of a problem usually even on a 3700X like I have.

The NZXT H1 in stock form is not necessarily the best yardstick since its cooling performance can be improved with either fans in the back panel and/or replacing the tempered glass panel with a perforated one.

I also like the idea presented earlier about an "unfinished" model that you could spraypaint to your liking. I am so tired of black boxes myself.

For panel cutouts or vents, I am all about consistency across the board visually but before that I will take whatever results in best cooling performance. A case like this I would cram either behind my super ultrawide display or in the corner of my table so it isn't exactly a visual centerpiece so understated is better than fancy.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
agree with what was posted earlier in the thread that getting GPU temps under 80C in reasonable ambient temp would be a good goal. I find that going above that on my 2080 Ti means it starts to throttle on top of getting pretty noisy with stock fans on a 2.5 slot card. CPU temps in general are less of a problem usually even on a 3700X like I have.

Thanks for your feedback!

May I ask which case you have right now? I would be especially interested in (delta) temps of your 2080ti with and without case (or open case).

laxu

Case Bender
New User
May 5, 2020
Thanks for your feedback!

May I ask which case you have right now? I would be especially interested in (delta) temps of your 2080ti with and without case (or open case).

I'm at the moment on an ATX case, looking to move to small form factor as soon as the right case comes along. Been following the H1 and Sliger Conswole/SV590 for a while but interested in more options.

My Fractal Define S is definitely not that great for temps as it's not getting enough air from the fairly closed front. I think I get up to 7C difference just running with the side open. Closed it can be a challenge to keep my 2080 Ti below 80C without a lot of noise. I'm hoping to at least get something better ventilated and more compact out of a SFF system.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I'm at the moment on an ATX case, looking to move to small form factor as soon as the right case comes along. Been following the H1 and Sliger Conswole/SV590 for a while but interested in more options.

My Fractal Define S is definitely not that great for temps as it's not getting enough air from the fairly closed front. I think I get up to 7C difference just running with the side open. Closed it can be a challenge to keep my 2080 Ti below 80C without a lot of noise. I'm hoping to at least get something better ventilated and more compact out of a SFF system.

Well, I'm not sure a 2080ti would run below 80C in RCC-BIG1. I just tested a 2080s and 1080 so far and both would run below 80C under stress testing, assuming your ambient temperature is below 25C. But of course temperature and noise also depends on the specific card design and usage scenario. During normal gaming you should see lower temperatures. I'll do some more tests when the next prototypes are ready.

Reactions: laxu

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Just got some AP181 fans for the RCC-MID1... from pictures they look much smaller... ?

Would someone be interested if I'd design some kind of bracket/tophat to fit these fans also on the RCC-BIG1? The fan would only fit on top of the case though...

If yes:
1) cheap and easy
or
2) fancy and costly

Last edited:

Setakka

Case Bender
New User
Apr 30, 2020
What would it take to have a frame running the edge of that fan, between it and the case below? Just enough to get a screw in each corner, and two tabs to attach it to the spine.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
What would it take to have a frame running the edge of that fan, between it and the case below? Just enough to get a screw in each corner, and two tabs to attach it to the spine.

Something like that would be the low cost version. Probably 15 to 20 EUR.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Last edited:

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
That would add 25mm in height. And cost. And most people would probably also be fine with 120 or 140mm fans. But let me check thermals first to see if it would be worth the trouble. ;)

Isn’t there already some space between the PSU power connector and the top of the case? Or are you planning to give some space between them and then add the 25mm?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Isn’t there already some space between the PSU power connector and the top of the case? Or are you planning to give some space between them and then add the 25mm?

There is some space but very limited.

Yes, you have to consider at least a few mm between the fan and the power connector to prevent the fan accidentally touching the connector. All added together the case would need to be about 25mm higher to put that 180mm fan inside.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Still sharing some real gaming thermal and noise test results:

One hour Dying Light at max settings, no FPS lock, all fans set to auto/standard in BIOS

3800X @ 25°C room temperature: 64°C max.
RTX2080S @ 25°C room temperature: 77°C max.
Noise level @ 20cm distance: 46dB max. (the AC in my office is louder than that)

Last edited:
Reactions: Yugo555 and tinyitx