• Discord! Come chat with us in our Discord server, open to all forum members, but now we've opened it up to all. Join our discussions by clicking the "Discord" button on the side menu!!

Cooling Review: Thermalright AXP90-X36 - new 36mm cooler

BaK

King of Cable Management
May 17, 2016
Thanks a lot for the review! :thumb:
The temp difference is within margin of errors, but that's very nice to see such a competitor to the L9a that is even shorter by 1mm!

Results should be consistent to what you get, but the cooling could be improved a little bit with the fan at exhaust.
That's at least what I experienced with the IS-47K and the Z39 coolers in small cases.
It's possible that there is less air re-circulation with an exhaust setup, with a bonus that no hot air is blown towards the RAM whatever the fins orientation.

Reactions: GucksTV

GucksTV

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Thanks a lot for the review! :thumb:
The temp difference is within margin of errors, but that's very nice to see such a competitor to the L9a that is even shorter by 1mm!

Results should be consistent to what you get, but the cooling could be improved a little bit with the fan at exhaust.
That's at least what I experienced with the IS-47K and the Z39 coolers in small cases.
It's possible that there is less air re-circulation with an exhaust setup, with a bonus that no hot air is blown towards the RAM whatever the fins orientation.
I will get the Z39 for testing in the next weeks...really looking forward to test and compare. :) Guess the biggest benefit with the AM4 mount is the RAM temperature.