repainting dancase a4

zeta555

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 1, 2018
hey guys
i just bought the dancase a4, and i want to change the color.
this is my first time painting a pc case and i dont want to screw it up

i already found a couple of tutorial online but there are a couple of things that i want to make sure of:
do you need to sand the case down to bare metal? or do i just need to sand it just enough so the paint stick?

and my 2nd question is, how do you paint screws? i mean so that the paint on the screw can handle a couple of times being fastened to the case?

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
Personally, I'd just get it powder coated. Buy some paint stripper for the type of paint the case has, then bring everything down to bare metal and disassemble as much as possible, the have a powder coating company paint it.

Reactions: Beardedswede

zeta555

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 1, 2018
Personally, I'd just get it powder coated. Buy some paint stripper for the type of paint the case has, then bring everything down to bare metal and disassemble as much as possible, the have a powder coating company paint it.
i guess this is the best option. but most of the power coating companies in my town only want to deal with big client. :/

zeta555

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 1, 2018
i just ask my car-literate friend, and he agree to take me to his friend who do powder coat for car people (engine cover etc). it's a bit more than what i want to spend, but i guess i'll just have someone to do it properly for me rather than destroying a $200 case.

thanks for your help @Duality92 !

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
No problem! I've spray painted cases, but anything you plan to use long term should really have a more resilient coating done.

Hope to see pictures of this case painted :)