Production RCC-BIG2 | vertical small footprint BTO case | support for 280mm AIOs or tall air coolers

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Silverstone AP18X fans are awesome and work pretty well with 180mm rads. Probably you can cool a Threadripper with two of them at reasonable noise levels if you get some decent rads from Alphacool (or similar). Just note that this configuration doesn't actually fit inside the BIG2. The fans are pretty thick and would stick out from the side. I was planning to do a semi passive build with a lower TDP CPU and only one top fan which would (hopefully) suck some fresh air through the rads. No idea if / how this works though 😅

Make the case airtight apart from those radiators, and this might work well :D

Reactions: REVOCCASES

LcsWnbrg

Caliper Novice
Dec 28, 2020
Well I dont think that I should try a custom water cooled ssfpc for my first PC build at all. To today I only serviced and upgraded PCs, some of them I dissasambled completly and rebuild them. Since the good parts are hard to get or selled for scalping prices I have to leave my Gigabyte Aero screaming at me. So the time to get to stupid idears is long

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
@Nero

what do you think?

if you should need dust filters, just stick some of this material on the panels:

Last edited:

LcsWnbrg

Caliper Novice
Dec 28, 2020
I you took a look into the 3D Files and thought it could a ATX PSU fit if there was no top fan and no push pull. Im talking about the BTX ATX so 140x150x8,4mm or would it conflict with the top pannel and GPU? I`m to inexpieranced with the 3D software so I am not shure. But if it would fit it would be a good corner to cut price

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I you took a look into the 3D Files and thought it could a ATX PSU fit if there was no top fan and no push pull. Im talking about the BTX ATX so 140x150x8,4mm or would it conflict with the top pannel and GPU? I`m to inexpieranced with the 3D software so I am not shure. But if it would fit it would be a good corner to cut price

I like your idea but it would conflict with the AIO. For an air cooled setup it would probably work. Still have some ATX PSU laying around somewhere, I can check it out.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
got one 280mm AIO in today - time for an test build in my prototype...

Build Instructions

first step: install the motherboard standoffs, GPU bracket, power button, top exhaust fan and four of the side panels as shown below

depending on the mounting mechanism of your AIO it might be a good idea to install everything on your motherboard before mounting it into the case

after the AIO is mounted, time to put the motherboard in the case and fix the GPU

next step: install the rear side panel with the PSU attached and do some cable management to prevent cables / tubes touching the fans. I am going for an all exhaust fan config, so the fan from the PSU should face inside. If you go for all intake, you can flip the PSU.

fix the rad to the left side panel and attach the last side corner profile to the panel

now you can close the case by sliding the panel into the corner profile slots

despite the pretty large clearance I made below the I/O, some connectors (e.g. Display Port) will not fit. So considering that you have to use slim/angled adapters anyways, I will decrease the I/O clearance to support up to 340mm long GPUs instead. Also @Nero had a good idea to make some threads at the bottom, so you could add some HiFi feet.

build complete... well... almost... I forgot the SSD! 💩

luckily you can take off almost all the side panels - without taking apart the whole thing - so I could just connect it from the top of the case...

Last edited:

htmyles

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Would it be possible to fit another 280mm rad in the space between the front panel and the GPU if the GPU has a waterblock on it? Potentially even mounting the fans outside?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Would it be possible to fit another 280mm rad in the space between the front panel and the GPU if the GPU has a waterblock on it? Potentially even mounting the fans outside?

Should be possible. Clearance is 65mm. Just need to make a custom front panel and find some slim rad/fan combination. Or mount the fans outside like you said.

Last edited:

htmyles

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Should be possible. Clearance is 65mm. Just need to make a custom front panel and find some slim rad/fan combination. Or mount the fans outside like you said.
I mean with a 30mm rad and 25mm 140mm fans it should actually fit quite well. Would it be possible to mount the 280mm rad to the current front panel or is there no way of screwing it in currently without the custom front panel? Also what is the clearance on CPU cooler height with the 280mm radiator installed at 55mm?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I mean with a 30mm rad and 25mm 140mm fans it should actually fit quite well. Would it be possible to mount the 280mm rad to the current front panel or is there no way of screwing it in currently without the custom front panel? Also what is the clearance on CPU cooler height with the 280mm radiator installed at 55mm?

Yeah, just depends on how thick the GPU block is. Should be 1 slot (20mm) all together, right?

The current vent pattern on the front doesn't match with any rad/fan mount. But you could just drill some additional holes. Making you a custom panel also isn't that much of a deal.

Clearance on the CPU side is currently about 145mm without rad/fans. With 55mm for rad/fans on the side this still leaves ca. 90mm.

I'm actually thinking to offer this only as modular / customized case and let people decide what they want. Using aluminum profiles and panels I can adjust the dimensions and panels quite easily.

Reactions: htmyles

htmyles

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
Yeah, just depends on how thick the GPU block is. Should be 1 slot (20mm) all together, right?

The current vent pattern on the front doesn't match with any rad/fan mount. But you could just drill some additional holes. Making you a custom panel also isn't that much of a deal.

Clearance on the CPU side is currently about 145mm without rad/fans. With 55mm for rad/fans on the side this still leaves ca. 90mm.

I'm actually thinking to offer this only as modular / customized case and let people decide what they want. Using aluminum profiles and panels I can adjust the dimensions and panels quite easily.

I would most definately be interested in this - if it would be possible to have mounting holes on the front panel then I would certainly be willing to pay for that. When would these cases be put into production

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
I would most definately be interested in this - if it would be possible to have mounting holes on the front panel then I would certainly be willing to pay for that. When would these cases be put into production

Production takes about 4 weeks for a custom BIG2 case. Just drop me a message here or on my Discord and we can figure out the details.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
@htmyles does this work for you...

I call it the BIG2MAX / 18L with dual 280mm rad support / vertical or horizontal orientation

Size: 268D x 185W x 374H mm (w/o feet)

ca. 26mm GPU block clearance with 30mm rad and 25mm fans

ca. 104mm CPU block clearance with 30mm rad and 25mm fans

Note: I have no idea how to put a custom loop like that in the case... 😅 I guess it will be challenging!

LcsWnbrg

Caliper Novice
Dec 28, 2020
Its now a nr200 in vertical. Its quite tempting but since CPUs, GPUs and PSUs are hard to get I can not afford to build a PC this year

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
@htmyles as discussed over on Discord, I checked the clearance for fittings on the GPU block and it seems I can keep the case volume at 18L

note: no guarantee that this is 100% correct. I just made a dummy for the waterblock according to the very limited information given in the product description...

if you have this waterblock:

you may or may not need to get this accessory:

depending if you decide to get this part or not, here are the options:
  • clearance for the light green fitting to the fan is ca. 20mm
  • clearance for the bright green fitting to the side cover is ca. 30mm
  • the fitting in red will obviously not work with a 30mm rad plus 25mm fan

I guess this will be challenging to build but if you can manage to find the right fittings / adapters / extenders / etc I think it should work somehow...

htmyles

Cable Smoosher
Jan 30, 2021
@htmyles as discussed over on Discord, I checked the clearance for fittings on the GPU block and it seems I can keep the case volume at 18L

note: no guarantee that this is 100% correct. I just made a dummy for the waterblock according to the very limited information given in the product description...

if you have this waterblock:

you may or may not need to get this accessory:

depending if you decide to get this part or not, here are the options:
  • clearance for the light green fitting to the fan is ca. 20mm
  • clearance for the bright green fitting to the side cover is ca. 30mm
  • the fitting in red will obviously not work with a 30mm rad plus 25mm fan

I guess this will be challenging to build but if you can manage to find the right fittings / adapters / extenders / etc I think it should work somehow...

This looks brilliant! I'd be willing to go ahead with the design and have it fabricated if you're happy to go with that?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
finalized the drawings for the dual 280mm rad BIG2 and made a sample today...

also added another 120mm fan mount on the back... think that design would also work pretty well as air cooled setup with up to 6 fans 😅

@htmyles : I'm not yet totally satisfied with the vent pattern but if you give the green light I'll send the parts out for anodizing. it might take a while until I get it back. I am also still waiting for @Nero 's parts to come in. Seems I must try to find another anodizing supplier, they are just too slow... :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Nero